The Truth About DMC

#1nukeboy777Posted 4/2/2013 4:43:17 PM
One thing I've realized is this, many users here are blinded by nostalgia. Devil May Cry was always fun to play, but its hardly a neccessary part of Capcom.

Here is the reason why Capcom decided to allow DmC. It's simple, Capcom decided to experiment. Capcom took one of their lesser franchises and tried to make a quick buck off of it by introducing the franchise to new gamers.

Capcom has Street Fighter, Resident Evil, and Monster Hunter under their belt. The failure of DmC hardly left a dent.

The entire DMC franchise sold little more than 10 million units. Monster hunter: freedom unite, another Capcom exclusive sold half of that. One single game sold half as much as an entire franchise.

People remember, Capcom isn't your friend. They are a business. And as a business they are going to focus on whats more important financially. Do you think that the next Street Fighter will instead of being a fighting game, will be some kind of spinoff that isn't true to the franchise? No. And here's why..

Street Fighter is a neccessary part of Capcom. Devil May Cry the franchise that sold 10 million copies, is not.

Devil May Cry fans may feel insulted or let down that their beloved franchise was completely remade. Well that's just too bad. DMC fans are the minority, and as the minority, they are not even on Capcoms radar.

Notice how there was response from Capcom to the backlash from the Resident Evil fans after six came out? Devil May Cry fans on the other hand will not even receive an acknowledgement or even an apology. And I assure you, there won't be another DMC game, at least any time soon.
#2RetsuxDPosted 4/2/2013 4:45:45 PM
Hey, aren't you from the 360 board?
#3DuuuDe14Posted 4/2/2013 4:49:03 PM
Finally had the gall to post on the self aware side eh? You're about to be eaten alive.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#4ramzariotPosted 4/2/2013 4:52:37 PM
I do so dislike when people decide to use the terms like truth or facts, and then attempt to insult people in the first sentence.
---
I grow tired of the foolish foolery of foolish fools.
#5nukeboy777(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 4:56:06 PM
RetsuxD posted...
Hey, aren't you from the 360 board?

I don't follow these stupid notions of Pro or Anti. Or Ps3 or Xbox boards. I am simply a member of the gamefaqs user community.
#6nukeboy777(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 4:57:31 PM
ramzariot posted...
I do so dislike when people decide to use the terms like truth or facts, and then attempt to insult people in the first sentence.

Do you have anything of substance or value to add to the topic at hand? Or are you here to post random bs?
#7ramzariotPosted 4/2/2013 4:58:35 PM
nukeboy777 posted...
ramzariot posted...

Do you have anything of substance or value to add to the topic at hand? Or are you here to post random bs?

I could ask the same of you.
---
I grow tired of the foolish foolery of foolish fools.
#8nukeboy777(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 4:59:01 PM
DuuuDe14 posted...
Finally had the gall to post on the self aware side eh? You're about to be eaten alive.

Yeah I decided to see if users on the Ps3 boards are able of debating effectively without getting their feelings hurt and resorting to bashing...
#9DuuuDe14Posted 4/2/2013 5:07:59 PM
Tell Postal to come. It'll be a ******* party.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#10syctheweilderPosted 4/2/2013 5:12:36 PM
I'm really dissapointed in you guys.

User Name nukeboy777
User ID 6744425
Board User Level 15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with at least 3 Karma. Can create 5 topics, 50 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.
Account Created Thursday, March 21, 2013 12:13 PM
Last Visit Tuesday, April 2, 2013 7:59 PM
Karma 6
Active Messages Posted 290

Seriously.