The Truth About DMC

#181eraserdogPosted 4/3/2013 3:28:02 PM
nukeboy777 posted...
One thing I've realized is this, many users here are blinded by nostalgia. Devil May Cry was always fun to play, but its hardly a neccessary part of Capcom.

Here is the reason why Capcom decided to allow DmC. It's simple, Capcom decided to experiment. Capcom took one of their lesser franchises and tried to make a quick buck off of it by introducing the franchise to new gamers.

Capcom has Street Fighter, Resident Evil, and Monster Hunter under their belt. The failure of DmC hardly left a dent.

The entire DMC franchise sold little more than 10 million units. Monster hunter: freedom unite, another Capcom exclusive sold half of that. One single game sold half as much as an entire franchise.

People remember, Capcom isn't your friend. They are a business. And as a business they are going to focus on whats more important financially. Do you think that the next Street Fighter will instead of being a fighting game, will be some kind of spinoff that isn't true to the franchise? No. And here's why..

Street Fighter is a neccessary part of Capcom. Devil May Cry the franchise that sold 10 million copies, is not.

Devil May Cry fans may feel insulted or let down that their beloved franchise was completely remade. Well that's just too bad. DMC fans are the minority, and as the minority, they are not even on Capcoms radar.

Notice how there was response from Capcom to the backlash from the Resident Evil fans after six came out? Devil May Cry fans on the other hand will not even receive an acknowledgement or even an apology. And I assure you, there won't be another DMC game, at least any time soon.

this guy is KING!
---
PSN: HUNTER7UP
HUNTERHEAVEN///
#182RichterB17Posted 4/3/2013 3:36:15 PM(edited)
eraserdog posted...
this guy is KING!

King of what? Of this message board? I understand why someone would agree, but he isn't really the king of anything.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#1835hadowsPosted 4/3/2013 3:37:50 PM
eraserdog posted...
nukeboy777 posted...
One thing I've realized is this, many users here are blinded by nostalgia. Devil May Cry was always fun to play, but its hardly a neccessary part of Capcom.

Here is the reason why Capcom decided to allow DmC. It's simple, Capcom decided to experiment. Capcom took one of their lesser franchises and tried to make a quick buck off of it by introducing the franchise to new gamers.

Capcom has Street Fighter, Resident Evil, and Monster Hunter under their belt. The failure of DmC hardly left a dent.

The entire DMC franchise sold little more than 10 million units. Monster hunter: freedom unite, another Capcom exclusive sold half of that. One single game sold half as much as an entire franchise.

People remember, Capcom isn't your friend. They are a business. And as a business they are going to focus on whats more important financially. Do you think that the next Street Fighter will instead of being a fighting game, will be some kind of spinoff that isn't true to the franchise? No. And here's why..

Street Fighter is a neccessary part of Capcom. Devil May Cry the franchise that sold 10 million copies, is not.

Devil May Cry fans may feel insulted or let down that their beloved franchise was completely remade. Well that's just too bad. DMC fans are the minority, and as the minority, they are not even on Capcoms radar.

Notice how there was response from Capcom to the backlash from the Resident Evil fans after six came out? Devil May Cry fans on the other hand will not even receive an acknowledgement or even an apology. And I assure you, there won't be another DMC game, at least any time soon.

this guy is KING!

Back to your horde sheepie.
---
Ill add something here later....
#184eraserdogPosted 4/3/2013 3:50:51 PM
His point about the DMC franchise playing the smaller role for Capcom was very interesting. I have been a big supporter of Capcom since 1994, and the Topic Creator's point about experimenting with DMC and it failure was a small price to pay was very reasonable.
---
HUNTERHEAVEN///
#185OracleGunnerPosted 4/3/2013 3:53:28 PM
eraserdog posted...
His point about the DMC franchise playing the smaller role for Capcom was very interesting. I have been a big supporter of Capcom since 1994, and the Topic Creator's point about experimenting with DMC and it failure was a small price to pay was very reasonable.

Maybe but since we don't know the cost of this game we cannot say if this was a huge loss financially speaking. So until that figure is up this is just theory, however 3 years of development is not cheap.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
PM me if you get from where is my sig. People who got it:1
#186eraserdogPosted 4/3/2013 4:05:48 PM
definitely, it would not have been cheap to develop the game. Its true, we can only speculate if this game has done well or poorly financially.
---
HUNTERHEAVEN///
#187FireMage7777Posted 4/3/2013 4:21:50 PM
eraserdog posted...
definitely, it would not have been cheap to develop the game. Its true, we can only speculate if this game has done well or poorly financially.

You speculate, I already know the answer
---
DmC flopped flipped, PM me if you like this sig!!! People who like this sig so far: 24
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#188Ink-RibbonPosted 4/3/2013 4:27:35 PM
rockman11_z posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Lookie, lookie. What do we have here?

What? A serious, reasonable and objective topic?

Sorry, but it seems this is not the place, judging by the answers you got. I only disagree with the ending of your post, considering I think we'll see another game ( either DMC 5 or DmC 2).

Other than that, pretty much spot on. I can't wait to see Dante and his pink hair in DMC 5, so that antis will have to come here and say that it's not about the hair. XD

Or maybe, Dante will be 100% shaved this time, who knows? I can't wait!!!;)

Peace always and good luck, you'll need it.

Haha Ink. How are you?

Hey rock, long time no see! XD

I'm fine, much better now with you joining the discussion. ;)

I haven't seen a cool topic for a while, but this is actually nice. I quite like TC's arguments. What about ya?
#189StrelokPosted 4/3/2013 4:33:19 PM
Nukie, not to burst your bubble, but Oraclegunner has been coming here since... practically forever.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#190ScreamingMidgetPosted 4/3/2013 4:35:29 PM
Nukeyboii just loves getting wrecked left and right.