The Truth About DMC

#251dillpickle69Posted 4/3/2013 9:23:01 PM
He had something to do with it I believe. I heard he drew the art designs for a few characters (I think) and also that he reviewed the script before they greenlighted it
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=dillpickle61
#252NostalgiaRulesPosted 4/3/2013 9:38:42 PM
Back on the topic, Capcom has been acting rather weird over the years. It's not just in regards to the DMC franchise. Mega Man for instance. I don't know the full details, but Capcom had a contest of sorts asking people to submit drawings of concept art Mega Man. The winner's drawing would be picked for the new Mega Man.

A little while later...Mega Man was cancelled. It also sparked outrage known as "The Tweet Heard 'Round the Net." Basically, it was a Capcom UK person on Twitter who was to answer peoples' questions and complaints about the cancelation of Mega Man. This person on Twitter had an attitude that could rival Tameem's. Then recently, Mega Man online was cancelled as well.

I don't know what Capcom's business tactics are, but I don't think it's doing them any favors.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#253dillpickle69Posted 4/3/2013 9:43:37 PM
I've explained this, they're Templars. It's all part of the master plan, it'll make sense when the day comes.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=dillpickle61
#254produnerPosted 4/3/2013 9:53:40 PM
nukeboy777 posted...
produner posted...
nukeboy777 posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Lookie, lookie. What do we have here?

What? A serious, reasonable and objective topic?

Sorry, but it seems this is not the place, judging by the answers you got. I only disagree with the ending of your post, considering I think we'll see another game ( either DMC 5 or DmC 2).

Other than that, pretty much spot on. I can't wait to see Dante and his pink hair in DMC 5, so that antis will have to come here and say that it's not about the hair. XD

Or maybe, Dante will be 100% shaved this time, who knows? I can't wait!!!;)

Peace always and good luck, you'll need it.

Thanks! I appreciate it! But quite honestly I don't need the good luck. I am just heard to post my views and to have a simple conversation with other gamers.

Unfortunately many users here use Gamefaqs as a means to give them a self esteem boost. You can tell by many of the responses that full of nothing but negativity. If one feels the need to insult a random user over a video game website, all I can do is feel sorry for them and continue to debate with the people who have lives.

*Talks about insulting random board users*
* insults the whole board in the opening of his post.*

*joins a topic to do nothing but whine
*doesnt know what an insult is

Deny your hypocrisy.There is no point in arguing with someone who passes speculations as facts and ignores the latter.

F.Y.I DMC is one capcom's top 5 franchises both in sales and in quality. The sole reason why capcom rebooted DMC is because Itsuno claimed that he doesn't want to make another DMC, so capcom hired a cheap studio to milk the franchise , and that is consistent with their recent bad business practices.

As for DMC's community, they are not a minority, you don't lose nearly two million customers in a minor series after a reboot, and the community was growing and DMC was at its peak during DMC4.

You've called people "nostalgic" about DMC , which means that their complaints are trivial and they have no reason to hate , in other words they can't argue or have a good reason .... Talk about insults.
---
Huskies are quite the handful.
When i'm alone, i pretend to be a black hole.
#255KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 4/3/2013 9:56:22 PM
NostalgiaRules posted...
Back on the topic, Capcom has been acting rather weird over the years. It's not just in regards to the DMC franchise. Mega Man for instance. I don't know the full details, but Capcom had a contest of sorts asking people to submit drawings of concept art Mega Man. The winner's drawing would be picked for the new Mega Man.

A little while later...Mega Man was cancelled. It also sparked outrage known as "The Tweet Heard 'Round the Net." Basically, it was a Capcom UK person on Twitter who was to answer peoples' questions and complaints about the cancelation of Mega Man. This person on Twitter had an attitude that could rival Tameem's. Then recently, Mega Man online was cancelled as well.

I don't know what Capcom's business tactics are, but I don't think it's doing them any favors.

That's MML3. They didn't just have one contest, they had a bunch of them. People helped create bosses, people, dialogue, enemies, even the mascot for the rival group in the game. Those people put a lot of effort into their creations, even the ones that didn't make the cut. We get all this hope and hype, then it happened. Capcom never had the absolute green light on the project, so something went wrong. The reason they gave the public? "Not enough fan response". Those dozens and dozens of custom made designs, those great screen shots we saw, the awesome looking Prototype demo that was literally finished. All of that was one, and Capcom blamed us for it.

I realize it's been a while, but damn that still pisses me off. I absolutely love Legends, it's my second favorite of the Megaman timeline. To be told it's my fault when it got cancelled because they didn't do their jobs? That was it. I was never going to buy a Capcom game day one ever again. I either buy used or not at all, but those ******** aren't getting anymore money from me.

Luckily, they keep making stupid decisions lately, so hopefully they get their act together before it's too late.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#256RichterB17Posted 4/3/2013 11:36:42 PM(edited)
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...

That's MML3. They didn't just have one contest, they had a bunch of them. People helped create bosses, people, dialogue, enemies, even the mascot for the rival group in the game. Those people put a lot of effort into their creations, even the ones that didn't make the cut. We get all this hope and hype, then it happened. Capcom never had the absolute green light on the project, so something went wrong. The reason they gave the public? "Not enough fan response". Those dozens and dozens of custom made designs, those great screen shots we saw, the awesome looking Prototype demo that was literally finished. All of that was one, and Capcom blamed us for it.

I realize it's been a while, but damn that still pisses me off. I absolutely love Legends, it's my second favorite of the Megaman timeline. To be told it's my fault when it got cancelled because they didn't do their jobs? That was it. I was never going to buy a Capcom game day one ever again. I either buy used or not at all, but those ******** aren't getting anymore money from me.

Luckily, they keep making stupid decisions lately, so hopefully they get their act together before it's too late.

I feel ya homie, one of the reasons why I bought a 3DS was for that game. I was fool for doing so and ever since then I've been turned off by Capcom. It's sad because as a child they were my favorite company and now they are just the worst of the worst.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#257NostalgiaRulesPosted 4/4/2013 2:15:18 AM
RichterB17 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...

I feel ya homie, one of the reasons why I bought a 3DS was for that game. I was fool for doing so and ever since then I've been turned off by Capcom. It's sad because as a child they were my favorite company and now they are just the worst of the worst.

Wow...that sounds almost worse than this whole DmC fiasco.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#258FireMage7777Posted 4/4/2013 4:39:05 AM
dillpickle69 posted...
Hm... incentive...

If you come, I'll show you a picture of FireMage in a Raptor mask?

YOU F***ING COPIED THAT???
---
DmC flopped flipped, PM me if you like this sig!!! People who like this sig so far: 24
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#259FireMage7777Posted 4/4/2013 4:41:54 AM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
People diss DBZ because, frankly, it's easy to diss.

Don't get me wrong, DBZ is still one of my top ten anime's (lots and lots of nostalgia especially. I remember my Saturdays as a lad when I'd tune in to Toonami and watch DBZ), but it's got a whole lot of problems. It's easy to diss, but it' still an awesome show. Can't wait for Battle of Gods (especially what comes after).

It's not that good sadly
---
DmC flopped flipped, PM me if you like this sig!!! People who like this sig so far: 24
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#260LordKaizerPosted 4/4/2013 10:16:03 AM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...

let them die and burn in hell for what they did. and sad part is, their are many fantards still defending capcom for what they did (and still doing) to this day on capcom unity and attacking anyone who disagree (mainly me) with them.
---
I'll always sit on my royal chair next to dante's chair forever.