The Truth About DMC

#281StrelokPosted 4/4/2013 11:51:12 PM
nukeboy777 posted...
Saying someone has a sense of nostalgia isn't an insult, maybe you should play less Dante and read more books.

Being the 5th top selling franchise isn't really impressive especially when SF and RE is all Capcom needs to stay afloat. Having 5 games and barely reaching above 10mil isn't something to brag about, especially when other franchises reach those numbers after two games. (Bioshock, sold 9 mil after 1 and two)

And yes my friend, the DMC fanboys are the minority. In fact even if there was no DmC and instead there was a DMC5 it still wouldn't have sold. Here's why. I said it before and ill say it again. Graphics and scale are what sells video games today. Casuals make up most of the market, and we'd much rather have a cinematic experience over random fighting.

The games that are succesful today all feature moments that are jaw dropping and leaves you with a sense of awe. For instance Uncharted's train sequence, Ezio assassinating the pope, or Kratos vs Posiedon. Those are memorable moments in gaming, all of which DMC lacks in favor of repeating the same moves over and over to get a high combo, so you can brag on Youtube.

You also brought up DMC 4. Well here's my response to that. 4 sold only because of hype. I say that because DMC4 was the first on next gen consoles , so it's to be expected that people would be willing to experiment. Why did DMC HD collection sell in the low thousands compared to GoW HD which is in the 3mils? Gamers want scale and graphics, DMC lacks these hence why it's now the new Onimusha a forgotten franchise.

1: You said it with the intent to insult. The tone is quite obvious.

2: Comparing a shooter, a very popular and large genre, to a H&S, a very niche genre, is not wise. It's like comparing American Football to waterpolo. While they're both games/sports, one is outright more popular. It'd be more prudent to compare it to other games in the same genre, like WET, Bayonetta and Heavenly Sword. And here we can see that DMC4 sold quite well, GoW3 only managed to outsell it due to extreme hype and commercials. DMC4 received barely any, while GoW3 was supposed to be the ending chapter of the saga. It'll be popular.

3: Evidence on why DMC5 would have bombed. Now. I want facts, not your speculation. Most DMC fans outright bought the HD collection and/or MGR.

4: DMC has enough moments, like Showdown with Mundus, the three Vergil duels and anything with the Savior in it (And Poseidon? Seriously? If you go for something big in God of War have the common decency to do the duel with Ares which was actually a big event, not some random mook boss in your way)

5: Lolno. DMC4 had practically no hype behind it, other than how good DMC3 was. You have absolutely no clue on what gamers want, aside the Call of Duty drones. Likely why Mikki agrees with you, he wouldn't know a quality game if it was dropped on his doormat.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#282syctheweilderPosted 4/4/2013 11:58:35 PM
Strelok posted...
nukeboy777 posted...
Saying someone has a sense of nostalgia isn't an insult, maybe you should play less Dante and read more books.

Being the 5th top selling franchise isn't really impressive especially when SF and RE is all Capcom needs to stay afloat. Having 5 games and barely reaching above 10mil isn't something to brag about, especially when other franchises reach those numbers after two games. (Bioshock, sold 9 mil after 1 and two)

And yes my friend, the DMC fanboys are the minority. In fact even if there was no DmC and instead there was a DMC5 it still wouldn't have sold. Here's why. I said it before and ill say it again. Graphics and scale are what sells video games today. Casuals make up most of the market, and we'd much rather have a cinematic experience over random fighting.

The games that are succesful today all feature moments that are jaw dropping and leaves you with a sense of awe. For instance Uncharted's train sequence, Ezio assassinating the pope, or Kratos vs Posiedon. Those are memorable moments in gaming, all of which DMC lacks in favor of repeating the same moves over and over to get a high combo, so you can brag on Youtube.

You also brought up DMC 4. Well here's my response to that. 4 sold only because of hype. I say that because DMC4 was the first on next gen consoles , so it's to be expected that people would be willing to experiment. Why did DMC HD collection sell in the low thousands compared to GoW HD which is in the 3mils? Gamers want scale and graphics, DMC lacks these hence why it's now the new Onimusha a forgotten franchise.

1: You said it with the intent to insult. The tone is quite obvious.

2: Comparing a shooter, a very popular and large genre, to a H&S, a very niche genre, is not wise. It's like comparing American Football to waterpolo. While they're both games/sports, one is outright more popular. It'd be more prudent to compare it to other games in the same genre, like WET, Bayonetta and Heavenly Sword. And here we can see that DMC4 sold quite well, GoW3 only managed to outsell it due to extreme hype and commercials. DMC4 received barely any, while GoW3 was supposed to be the ending chapter of the saga. It'll be popular.

3: Evidence on why DMC5 would have bombed. Now. I want facts, not your speculation. Most DMC fans outright bought the HD collection and/or MGR.

4: DMC has enough moments, like Showdown with Mundus, the three Vergil duels and anything with the Savior in it (And Poseidon? Seriously? If you go for something big in God of War have the common decency to do the duel with Ares which was actually a big event, not some random mook boss in your way)

5: Lolno. DMC4 had practically no hype behind it, other than how good DMC3 was. You have absolutely no clue on what gamers want, aside the Call of Duty drones. Likely why Mikki agrees with you, he wouldn't know a quality game if it was dropped on his doormat.

Or because they're the same person
#283Lord_MizerPosted 4/5/2013 12:06:08 AM
Or nothing more than a NT apologist.
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
#284syctheweilderPosted 4/5/2013 12:07:04 AM
Lord_Mizer posted...
Or nothing more than a NT apologist.

Hmm, this seems more feasible.
#285dillpickle69Posted 4/5/2013 12:22:46 AM
Guys, guys, nukeboy isn't Grimjaw's nor is he Mixorz's alt.

He's an alt from someone on the 360 boards, Postaldudeshere.

And I've confirmed that he's just a troll account made to get reactions out of people, no need to continue debating with him, he's just looking to start an argument so that he can troll you. I'm not kidding.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=dillpickle61
#286syctheweilderPosted 4/5/2013 12:26:27 AM
dillpickle69 posted...
Guys, guys, nukeboy isn't Grimjaw's nor is he Mixorz's alt.

He's an alt from someone on the 360 boards, Postaldudeshere.

And I've confirmed that he's just a troll account made to get reactions out of people, no need to continue debating with him, he's just looking to start an argument so that he can troll you. I'm not kidding.

no wonder i couldn't pin him down. I've never encountered this ''postal'' character.

oh well, thanks for the tip pickles. make sure to copy paste it whenever the tool posts so that people don't waste any more breath.
#287MixorzPosted 4/5/2013 12:58:09 AM
Don't be discouraged TC, all this jelly simply means you struck a nerve and are right. You basically won this topic. All these antis can do now is accuse you of being an alt or trolling. It's really quite pitiful. But congrats on the topic win.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#288dillpickle69Posted 4/5/2013 1:00:58 AM
I don't like jelly... Why don't you call it jam instead?
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=dillpickle61
#289produnerPosted 4/5/2013 1:11:17 AM
**** tier trolling. Try to start with real arguments instead of speculations and dodging. Why does every troll resort to dodging? some low-tier trolls here.
---
Huskies are quite the handful.
When i'm alone, i pretend to be a black hole.
#290JudgementEdenPosted 4/5/2013 1:32:45 AM
nukeboy777 posted...

DMC has 5 games. I understand you may hate DmC but don't make up nonsense. DMC has NOT sold over 11 mil copies. Its barely over 10 mil. DMC was first released in 99 get your facts straight... And there are countless other action game franchises that has made much more than DMC. Some are Dynasty Warriors, and Monster Hunters.

Stop acting like Dante is your big bro and face facts

Wow, i'm almost amazed at your utter ignorance while acting as if you know crap. I know others definitely called you out on this by now but DMC was first released in 2001, smartass. Not damn 1999. Get YOUR facts straight before you talk garbage.

Also, the type of action game the other poster was referring to are action games LIKE Devil May Cry. DW and MH are not THAT type of game. They dont count.

Golly, you honestly have no damn clue.