The Truth About DMC

#51nukeboy777(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 5:51:46 PM
PunkMcThrust posted...
It's funny how nukeboy has such a huge amount of posts and only 6 karma. Also I'm disappointed that all of you aren't ignoring this.

At any rate

Devil May Cry is Capcom's 5th largest franchise. Keep in mind Capcom has been in the industry for a VERY long time and is one of the most prolific and famous companies in all of gaming. Devil May Cry is not one of their lesser franchises, it's one of their MAJOR franchises.

The Devil May Cry fanbase is clearly not a minority, just look at the sales of the reboot. And compare them to the sales of Bayonetta which almost anybody who's a fan of Devil May Cry 3 likely bought on launch.

You talk about millions of sales like they're nothing. ANYTHING that does over 1million sales should be considered a success, let alone 2million.
Your idea of 'success' is the same as Capcom's, Call of Duty numbers or nothing. It's thinking like that that has made so many publishers go astray and become evil.

/thread

Everybody please report the topic for trolling as that's what this is, and please try to ignore him.

Once again fails to respond to my reply on Doom. Quit desperately trying to bash me because I easily put you in your place.

DMC is not one of their biggest franchises as you terribly mentioned. The top three are Street Fighter, RE, and Monster Hunter

Once again. If DMC was a necessary franchise do you think Capcom would have allowed Ninja Theory to do what they did?

Do you think they would allow a random dev make a Street Fighter reboot? No because unlike DMC, SF is a neccessary franchise.

Quit b****** and listen to facts
#52dillpickle69Posted 4/2/2013 5:52:28 PM
Qwesar23464 posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
1876? You're thinking of the N64. The PS2 came out 40 years ago, along with Prince of Persia.

You sure? I coulda sworn that was the era of the virtual boy, the greatest console ever made.

No, the Virtual Boy came out years before that. I think you're thinking of Nerve Gear, which is really outdated. It's all about Amusphere now.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=dillpickle61
#53Qwesar23464Posted 4/2/2013 5:53:09 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Qwesar23464 posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
1876? You're thinking of the N64. The PS2 came out 40 years ago, along with Prince of Persia.

You sure? I coulda sworn that was the era of the virtual boy, the greatest console ever made.

No, you're getting the Virtual Boy confused with the Neo Geo, which we all know released in 1877. Virtual Boy didn't come until 1893.

Ah, of course. Silly me. I shoulda remembered, that was the year the space colony Ra was established. Where does the time go?
---
In Crowbar We Trust.
Please, call me B. Wolf
#54PunkMcThrustPosted 4/2/2013 5:53:23 PM
Remember in 1653 when the only game we had was Pong?
---
Armstrong for President
#55RetsuxDPosted 4/2/2013 5:54:05 PM
nukeboy777 posted...
The top three are Street Fighter, RE, and Monster Hunter

Monster Hunter

Monster Hunter

Monster Hunter

Monster Hunter

We're done here.
#56PunkMcThrustPosted 4/2/2013 5:55:08 PM
Qwesar23464 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Qwesar23464 posted...
dillpickle69 posted...

No, you're getting the Virtual Boy confused with the Neo Geo, which we all know released in 1877. Virtual Boy didn't come until 1893.

Ah, of course. Silly me. I shoulda remembered, that was the year the space colony Ra was established. Where does the time go?

Man I remember in 1937 when Konami created the first artificial biomechanical planet
---
Armstrong for President
#57ramzariotPosted 4/2/2013 5:55:56 PM
I remember 1999. Lavos arrived, bad year.
---
I grow tired of the foolish foolery of foolish fools.
#58dillpickle69Posted 4/2/2013 5:56:23 PM
nukeboy777 posted...
PunkMcThrust posted...
It's funny how nukeboy has such a huge amount of posts and only 6 karma. Also I'm disappointed that all of you aren't ignoring this.

At any rate

Devil May Cry is Capcom's 5th largest franchise. Keep in mind Capcom has been in the industry for a VERY long time and is one of the most prolific and famous companies in all of gaming. Devil May Cry is not one of their lesser franchises, it's one of their MAJOR franchises.

The Devil May Cry fanbase is clearly not a minority, just look at the sales of the reboot. And compare them to the sales of Bayonetta which almost anybody who's a fan of Devil May Cry 3 likely bought on launch.

You talk about millions of sales like they're nothing. ANYTHING that does over 1million sales should be considered a success, let alone 2million.
Your idea of 'success' is the same as Capcom's, Call of Duty numbers or nothing. It's thinking like that that has made so many publishers go astray and become evil.

/thread

Everybody please report the topic for trolling as that's what this is, and please try to ignore him.

Once again fails to respond to my reply on Doom. Quit desperately trying to bash me because I easily put you in your place.

DMC is not one of their biggest franchises as you terribly mentioned. The top three are Street Fighter, RE, and Monster Hunter

Once again. If DMC was a necessary franchise do you think Capcom would have allowed Ninja Theory to do what they did?

Do you think they would allow a random dev make a Street Fighter reboot? No because unlike DMC, SF is a neccessary franchise.

Quit b****** and listen to facts

We've already established before that they would reboot street fighter and that it would be an edgy vampire game. Check it out, use the search bar.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=dillpickle61
#59KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 4/2/2013 5:56:23 PM
PunkMcThrust posted...
Qwesar23464 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Qwesar23464 posted...
dillpickle69 posted...

Man I remember in 1937 when Konami created the first artificial biomechanical planet

Boy does that take me back. That was what, 15 years after Zombie Lincoln defeated Robo Hitler? Or was it 16 years?
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#60PunkMcThrustPosted 4/2/2013 5:56:51 PM
ramzariot posted...
I remember 1999. Lavos arrived, bad year.

Luckily we had already colonized outer space centuries ago by that point so we really dodged a bullet there
---
Armstrong for President