Why is Tomb Raider a success but DmC isn't?

#1JELIFISH19Posted 4/3/2013 4:02:55 AM
Both were radical departures from previous games
Neither character fits the old series
Both were origin stories
Both were darker than older games
Both had a lot of fan backlash
Both got good reviews

So what happened?
---
I <3 my HRAP EX-SE
Capcom, ASW, & NRS fighting games 4 Life
#2Yuber255Posted 4/3/2013 4:12:14 AM
Because Tomb Raider had good gameplay actually better in alot of ways than old games. DmC is not better than old games in no way gameplay-wise. In action game this is most important ingredient mate.

Also DmC not origin unless you mean it be origin of reboot but that just sound curaazy since it only game now.
---
Son of the Legendary Troll Knight Shatter
#3Orange00Posted 4/3/2013 4:15:53 AM
another one of these topics? It's pretty simple really. Tomb Raider was turned into a VERY casual cover based shooter. That's where all the big bucks lie. next DMC5 will most likely be one. With dante, his trusted ak-47 "olga" and his trademark combat knife "rebellion" wreaking havoc against middle eastern terrorist organisation "charlie's devils"
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#4Sephivengeance9Posted 4/3/2013 4:16:42 AM
Tomb Raider actually turned out to be a good game, DmC turned out to be a very average action game that had trouble standing apart from other average action games when it had the standards of its predecessors to live up to.
---
My Agent Hunt vids.
http://tinyurl.com/caoo5f3
#5DagorhaPosted 4/3/2013 4:46:52 AM
Tomb Raider was as good if not better then its predacessors.

DmC was worse then those that came before it and an insult to its fans due to a lot of bad publicity and overall changes

DmC was an ok game while Tomb Raider was pretty great
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#6Modest_ModsoulPosted 4/3/2013 5:09:55 AM
Crystal Dynamics didn't "hilariously" compared old Lara with the new one, the way Ninja Theory did with DmC.
---
If you show me how to die... Then I'll show you how to live.
#7Yuber255Posted 4/3/2013 5:17:37 AM
Modest_Modsoul posted...
Crystal Dynamics didn't "hilariously" compared old Lara with the new one, the way Ninja Theory did with DmC.

lol those dum dums, how you gon make da money like that?

Be like if they remade the original Star Wars but then "hilariously" compared old Luke Skywalker to the new one then somehow still expect make money off old fans, no good.
---
Son of the Legendary Troll Knight Shatter
#8Gogito4Posted 4/3/2013 5:19:28 AM
TR:Reboot>/= The best the others had to offer.

DmC<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<The worst the others had to offer.

Any questions?
---
Excited for: MHTri U, Fire Emblem Awakening, FFVSXIII (It will come out... eventually. Right?)
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.
#9Orange00Posted 4/3/2013 5:22:51 AM
Gogito4 posted...
TR:Reboot>/= The best the others had to offer.

DmC<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<The worst the others had to offer.

Any questions?

yes, why?
TR got aesthetics of a Tomb Raider game but DmC retains a whole lot more in gameplay department.

aesthetics > gameplay?
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#10HeX4869Posted 4/3/2013 5:40:49 AM
A good reboot can revive any serious and be successful. But DMC was in the hands of inexperienced lunatics with ridiculous ideals.
---
Surface Velocity!