Honestly, once you think about it, Dante in DmC controls more like Nero.

#1marvel_fan333Posted 4/3/2013 3:10:37 PM
Rather than Classic Dante.

I think that says a lot about Ninja Theory's flawed direction on the game.

In an odd sort of way, DMC4 is like what DmC sort of been, since Nero in that game just plays like a better Donte anyway.

Well, Donte plays sort of like a Dante-Nero hybrid actually.
---
Not changing sig until The Wonderful 101 is in my veins.
http://www.abload.de/img/wondjajwf.gif vs. http://i.minus.com/ib6nYQvGCeQxk.gif
#2DagorhaPosted 4/3/2013 3:15:06 PM
yeah but I don't have to deal with the Red Queen in this game which I was not a huge fan of. DMC4 was still better though
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#3RayconPosted 4/3/2013 3:27:55 PM
Dagorha posted...
yeah but I don't have to deal with the Red Queen in this game which I was not a huge fan of. DMC4 was still better though

D =

The Red Queen was amazing! You take that back!

On a serious note, you didn't have to master the exceed system (I don't think...). But it was tons of fun once you did (or I thought, anyway).
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#4DagorhaPosted 4/3/2013 3:29:02 PM
Raycon posted...
Dagorha posted...

D =

On a serious note, you didn't have to master the exceed system (I don't think...). But it was tons of fun once you did (or I thought, anyway).

got any tips for someone who has yet to master that finicky thing? :p
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#5heartlesshero17Posted 4/3/2013 3:33:52 PM
Raycon posted...
Dagorha posted...

D =

Max act was my favorite new addition to the series honestly
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#6ScreamingMidgetPosted 4/3/2013 3:36:10 PM
Actually, no.

Nero's controls are fluid and without a noticable input delay.
#7RayconPosted 4/3/2013 3:38:12 PM
Dagorha posted...
Raycon posted...
Dagorha posted...

D =

Eh, I started by mashing the button compulsively (with about 50% success). Started picking up on the timing for some swings and it became muscle memory over time.

Other people say there's a certain noise that plays with each swing that you can time it to, but I haven't tried it. Probably works better than my trial and error method. >_>
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#8Ink-RibbonPosted 4/3/2013 3:39:50 PM
I don't get it, does that mean it's a bad thing?

Considering that a lot of people claimed to like DMC 4, including Nero ( who took Dante' s spot for basically 80% of the game), I guess it's a good thing when NT brings the new Dante with a gameplay similar to Nero from DMC 4...

Is there anything that can be done to make you guys happy? You complain that the gameplay is nothing like earlier games, then you complain that the gameplay is way too similar to Nero's...

I was studying here, studying there...NT probably thought: "They don't like it...To the hell with that! They'll never be satisfied anyway", lol. XD

No matter what they do, some of you will always complain and complain. Well, at least the topic isn't about hair, which is already a sign of a fresh attempt to make something different and actually reasonable. ;)

Let's give time to time.
#9StrelokPosted 4/3/2013 3:44:03 PM
It doesn't play like Nero.

It TRIES to play like Nero and fails miserably.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#10Psychochild27Posted 4/3/2013 5:19:53 PM(edited)

Is there anything that can be done to make you guys happy? You complain that the gameplay is nothing like earlier games, then you complain that the gameplay is way too similar to Nero's...

Sweeping generalizations of a large fanbase are fun!

If you're talking just getting Ex-Acts, a yellow slash icon appears when it makes contact on an enemy to nail the Ex-Act timing. Max-Acts, first frame it appears.

Nero's controls are fluid and without a noticable input delay.

And most definitely this. Shame they also stripped Nero's most interesting mechanic out of DmC, but I suppose Exceed would be a nightmare in a game with such chunky performance as this.