Honestly, once you think about it, Dante in DmC controls more like Nero.

#11syctheweilderPosted 4/3/2013 8:19:13 PM
Not to mention ophion is a pale imitation of the devil bringer.
#12produnerPosted 4/3/2013 10:04:18 PM
Dagorha posted...
Raycon posted...
Dagorha posted...
yeah but I don't have to deal with the Red Queen in this game which I was not a huge fan of. DMC4 was still better though

D =

The Red Queen was amazing! You take that back!

On a serious note, you didn't have to master the exceed system (I don't think...). But it was tons of fun once you did (or I thought, anyway).

got any tips for someone who has yet to master that finicky thing? :p

Start with practicing the timing for one move. Use the rev right when the slash connects , works with nearly all moves but you need to get the timing for some moves.
---
Huskies are quite the handful.
When i'm alone, i pretend to be a black hole.
#13Xtreme65Posted 4/4/2013 10:17:05 AM
They replaced rev in favor of more weapons so I can forgive that as I grew bored with Nero's lack of weaponry and Ophinion is more versatile than DB as with Angel Pull and Demon Pull you can decide whether to pull enemies or pull yourself toward them, something that Nero didnt have a choice in. I guess you can say buster isnt there but the uppercut and kick moves kinda act like buster, just isnt as cinematic in most cases. Sorry but Dante in DmC is almost an upgraded Nero in every way. (except no rev)
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#14StrelokPosted 4/4/2013 10:31:32 AM
Only his gun is weaker, his weapons are weaker, he is forced to fight colour coded enemies, his pull deals no damage, he has no lockon, he has no Rev, he has no motivation whatsoever and Nero is more likable.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#15SKEWER_007Posted 4/4/2013 10:40:07 AM
Strelok posted...
his pull deals no damage,

just saying, snatch doesn't deal damage either, just knocks enemies down for free combos...

speaking of which, does ophinion knock enemies down with demon pull and stun enemies with angel lift?
#16StrelokPosted 4/4/2013 10:55:29 AM
Not that I know of, in the end, Neros Snatch is more useful due to combo potential.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#17bigdom93Posted 4/4/2013 11:09:21 AM
marvel_fan333 posted...
Rather than Classic Dante.

I think that says a lot about Ninja Theory's flawed direction on the game.

In an odd sort of way, DMC4 is like what DmC sort of been, since Nero in that game just plays like a better Donte anyway.

Well, Donte plays sort of like a Dante-Nero hybrid actually.

did you notice that they both hold their sword with their left hand, and their swords look very similar
---
Trust no one, the minute god cr@pped out the third caveman, there was a conspiracy against one of them
#18MoreFunThanTVPosted 4/4/2013 11:33:56 AM
Dagorha posted...
Raycon posted...
Dagorha posted...
yeah but I don't have to deal with the Red Queen in this game which I was not a huge fan of. DMC4 was still better though

D =

The Red Queen was amazing! You take that back!

On a serious note, you didn't have to master the exceed system (I don't think...). But it was tons of fun once you did (or I thought, anyway).

got any tips for someone who has yet to master that finicky thing? :p

I tend to get Ex-Acts 90% of the time if I press the exceed button exactly when you can see the huge ripply wave of Nero's sword the most.

As for Max-Act I still suck at that, I can do it well enough outside of battle when focused on getting it but in battle is another story completely.

Overall though I liked the system and wouldn't mind seeing Nero return with more exceedable weapons like the angelo's big jousting poker thingy (f*** if I know the names of weapons derp)
---
Divine Goddess of All That Is Prolix.
#19Edward_R_MurrowPosted 4/4/2013 12:07:31 PM
Which pretty much begs the question of a why a reboot was done in the first place. There was plenty of design space to go with Nero (and Dante as well); no need to make a reboot, especially one that had a lot less mass appeal than the old franchise. Newsflash to Capcom and TamTam; you can't get more mainstream than old DMC games were. They had a fun, inoffensive protagonist who resonated with people. They had an aesthetic style, visual and aural, that didn't scare folks away. And they weren't total, pseudo-intellectual, try-hard **** when it came to the plot.

What were Capcom and TamTam thinking? That there was such a huge, untapped market out there for a slightly more accessible Devil May Cry gameplay style that they could afford to throw the fanbase out the window and develop a game with a very, very niche aesthetic style (WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUB SCREAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMM! for instance)?
---
dfsdfsddfsdfsddf
#20zhaoyun99Posted 4/4/2013 12:09:36 PM
This kind of topic is what I have been waiting for. From the moment I saw the new Donte, I already saw what kind of character that was built from. Starting from appearance, it's obviously based on Nero's design except a malnutrition body, shorter black hair, and change of clothes' color. While people was raging that Donte was a hipster wannabe, I saw him as a BAD copy of Nero especially that Jacket (which was obviously from Nero). Now with his Rebellion combo. That was 90% based off Red Queen rather than the Original Rebellion. Both Ground and Air combo have a slow speed (but more sluggish) and similar move like Red Queen. The only move that covered the original Rebellion were Stinger and Stinger>Million Stabs. And with Demon and Angel Pull function EXACTLY like Demon Bringer w/o Buster. It's an obvious remake of Nero rather than Dante. The personality was trying to be both Nero and Dante but FAILED MISERABLY. Long story short Donter was not new but just a bad Nero remake.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun