Ninja Theory's insulting, offensive GDC conference

#1PunkMcThrustPosted 4/4/2013 1:38:48 PM
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201303/29031133.html
Just for those who don't know.

Now to get to the point. This is completely unacceptable. Absolutely and completely insulting. As a bisexual man I am honestly offended - for the first time ever - honestly offended at a video game company.

Using gay as an insult is hate speech. It is hate speech and should not be forgiven.
So why are journalists everywhere just not even talking about this at all? This is a HUGE issue but it's being entirely glossed over. Why?

Well I say we shouldn't allow it to happen. If we raise enough of a ruckus about it hopefully Ninja Theory will get what they deserve and journalists won't have any plausible room to ignore it. So take to the Twitter, send emails, do whatever you have to do to get word out about this.
---
Armstrong for President
#2JELIFISH19Posted 4/4/2013 1:43:34 PM
By pointing out that he doesn't belong there?
---
I <3 my HRAP EX-SE
Capcom, ASW, & NRS fighting games 4 Life
#3produnerPosted 4/4/2013 1:47:56 PM
JELIFISH19 posted...
By pointing out that he doesn't belong there?

No, they meant that original Dante belongs there, and the redesign should not be something like that ( not homosexual). They've also insulted the anime style and community.

lrn2 understanding
---
Huskies are quite the handful.
When i'm alone, i pretend to be a black hole.
#4produnerPosted 4/4/2013 1:52:52 PM(edited)
All that moaning about the character design and stupid the environment. The gameplay got dumbed down, and it will be forever like that.

Ironically, DMC had more realistic character designs, character models, facial features, animations and environments, textures and colors. DmC feels cartoony and the colors are overused and random.
---
#5PunkMcThrust(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 2:22:51 PM
I mean, I know video game journalism is corrupt and journalists love Ninja Theory but it honestly makes me angry that no one but us is paying this any mind.

If any other studio or publisher did this they would be ****ing crucified for it
---
Armstrong for President
#6produnerPosted 4/4/2013 2:32:09 PM
PunkMcThrust posted...
I mean, I know video game journalism is corrupt and journalists love Ninja Theory but it honestly makes me angry that no one but us is paying this any mind.

If any other studio or publisher did this they would be ****ing crucified for it

Well, that is human psychology, people are biased are hypocrites by nature. Adams sessler got attention over something silly.

If you really feel offended, report that to the authorities or highlight it just like tameem did with trolls on twitter and "death threats" (lol).
---
#7QCTeamkillPosted 4/4/2013 2:41:37 PM
I can't read Japanese. So all I see is images with no context. Is that because of brokeback montain?

The way you're saying it, NT is stating that old Dante is looking gay and new Dante isn't. It's quite obvious new Dante is into chicks, twosome timing strippers and all, old Dante has seen no action so far.

If they indeed establish that old Dante is gay, I thought you'd be GLAD to find out, of all people.
#8StrelokPosted 4/4/2013 3:06:43 PM
They were using the thing in an offensive way, as if being homosexual is a bad thing.

THAT is our issue here.
That you fail to see that...
I'm disappoint son.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#9Ether101Posted 4/4/2013 3:21:26 PM
There's also that Batman & Robin which some people think has very strong gay undertones.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#10RetsuxDPosted 4/4/2013 3:28:20 PM
It took one year of development to decide on a design.

One year.

You NEVER start working your game with grafix before the actual core.