Ninja Theory's insulting, offensive GDC conference

#11StrelokPosted 4/4/2013 4:46:07 PM
Ether101 posted...
There's also that Batman & Robin which some people think has very strong gay undertones.

It actually does, Schoemacher practically said it was all on purpose.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#12Lord_MizerPosted 4/4/2013 5:00:38 PM
I think George Clooney said that he played Batman as if he was gay.
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
#13Dark_EpathyPosted 4/4/2013 6:23:18 PM
Where does it suggest he was gay? I thought it was just a reference to the cowboy boots.
---
"We are the greater good." -- Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead
#145hadowsPosted 4/4/2013 6:31:00 PM
Dark_Epathy posted...
Where does it suggest he was gay? I thought it was just a reference to the cowboy boots.

Think about Brokeback Mountain and two words about that movie. You thought "gay cowboys", I also thought "gay cowboys and everyone else did the same.
---
Ill add something here later....
#15Jereth6Posted 4/4/2013 6:41:22 PM
AHAhAHAHAHAahahHAAHAHAHAHA
#16shatterstarPosted 4/4/2013 7:15:52 PM
PunkMcThrust posted...
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201303/29031133.html
Just for those who don't know.

Now to get to the point. This is completely unacceptable. Absolutely and completely insulting. As a bisexual man I am honestly offended - for the first time ever - honestly offended at a video game company.

Using gay as an insult is hate speech. It is hate speech and should not be forgiven.
So why are journalists everywhere just not even talking about this at all? This is a HUGE issue but it's being entirely glossed over. Why?

Well I say we shouldn't allow it to happen. If we raise enough of a ruckus about it hopefully Ninja Theory will get what they deserve and journalists won't have any plausible room to ignore it. So take to the Twitter, send emails, do whatever you have to do to get word out about this.

Wow!

You're taking this way too seriously. It's only a videogame and besides, from what I've read, it's not meant to be taken in an offensive manner. But by you being a bisexual person, I can see why you've viewed it as such..lol.

It's just a game mate and also someone's opinion. Because if I've seen someone dressed as the original Dante, I would think he was a homosexual or just plain crazy. So I guess that would be considered offensive to you right?

Give me a break!
#17NostalgiaRulesPosted 4/4/2013 7:22:39 PM
I think this is just Ninja Theory being their usual bitter and controversial selves. And if you take the Brokeback Mountain picture out of the equation, there's still other pictures that they showed mocking the DMC franchise.

Example: They showed pictures of Batman and Robin to say, "DMC Dante is as outdated and irrelevant as old school Batman and Robin." They showed other pictures to try to get that point across as well.

DMC fans and DmC fans, do not let this get you riled. Remember, Ninja Theory lives for controversy. To them, any attention is good attention. DmC did poorly sales wise, so this is what they're trying to do to stay relevant. <----- (oh, the irony)

Writing them angry letters and yelling at them via Twitter...that's exactly what they want. They want you to say something, anything, about them and to them. Even if it's negative. Let your money do the talking. Purchase nothing from Ninja Theory and maybe not even Capcom. Action speaks louder than words and that's what they'll be looking at.

*sharpens and polishes Force Edge*
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#18DuuuDe14Posted 4/4/2013 7:22:56 PM
Two back to back troll posts. And Shatter, did DmC sell 2 million copies yet?
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#19smithkakarotPosted 4/4/2013 7:23:31 PM
NostalgiaRules posted...
I think this is just Ninja Theory being their usual bitter and controversial selves. And if you take the Brokeback Mountain picture out of the equation, there's still other pictures that they showed mocking the DMC franchise.

Example: They showed pictures of Batman and Robin to say, "DMC Dante is as outdated and irrelevant as old school Batman and Robin." They showed other pictures to try to get that point across as well.

DMC fans and DmC fans, do not let this get you riled. Remember, Ninja Theory lives for controversy. To them, any attention is good attention. DmC did poorly sales wise, so this is what they're trying to do to stay relevant. <----- (oh, the irony)

Writing them angry letters and yelling at them via Twitter...that's exactly what they want. They want you to say something, anything, about them and to them. Even if it's negative. Let your money do the talking. Purchase nothing from Ninja Theory and maybe not even Capcom. Action speaks louder than words and that's what they'll be looking at.

*sharpens and polishes Force Edge*

Yeah, well, Batman and Robin >>> DmC.
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#20shatterstarPosted 4/4/2013 7:28:01 PM(edited)
DuuuDe14 posted...
Two back to back troll posts. And Shatter, did DmC sell 2 million copies yet?

Don't know but I'm pretty sure it sold a million already and if I'm a troll, you must be a super troll because you're still here flaming an old game and still attacking NT and Capcom.

They've moved on, so why don't you.