Ninja Theory's insulting, offensive GDC conference

#111NostalgiaRulesPosted 4/5/2013 4:06:13 AM
Hmm...like I've said before, let's completely remove the Brokeback Mountain picture from the equation. NT still showed pictures of old school Batman and Robin, a group of teenagers cosplaying and other pictures that basically said, "original DMC Dante is the equivalent to these uncool weird things over here. But DmC Dante, this is what real life grown up people look like and how they should look like."

Again, I'm not angry at Ninja Theory for this, but I do notice that they're still making these jabs. There's no reason for me to be. Yes, it's okay for a gaming company to have a little fun, but not at the expense of the fans.

Let's put it this way. Let's say that the roles were reversed and it was DmC Dante in those pictures instead. And let's also say that it was the DmC fans that Ninja Theory had been taking jabs and digs at for these past couple of years. Then what would the reaction be? I don't think DmC fans would be very pleased.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#112StrelokPosted 4/5/2013 4:48:02 AM
TalesOfGod posted...
PunkMcThrust posted...
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201303/29031133.html
Just for those who don't know.

Now to get to the point. This is completely unacceptable. Absolutely and completely insulting. As a bisexual man I am honestly offended - for the first time ever - honestly offended at a video game company.

Using gay as an insult is hate speech. It is hate speech and should not be forgiven.
So why are journalists everywhere just not even talking about this at all? This is a HUGE issue but it's being entirely glossed over. Why?

Well I say we shouldn't allow it to happen. If we raise enough of a ruckus about it hopefully Ninja Theory will get what they deserve and journalists won't have any plausible room to ignore it. So take to the Twitter, send emails, do whatever you have to do to get word out about this.

Oh for the love of....
GROW THE F*** UP!!

Seriously, I know that you people are weak but it's just pathetic when you say that an insult is a big deal. Also, they are entitled to their opinion so it isn't hate speech, you *insult*.

The LGBT community baffles me...
It is just annoying, childish and a stomp on the face of humanity every time another one of these posts come up where someone is b****ing about how why there wasn't "this" included or "that" insulted. Get a life, learn to man up and move on.

(I haven't seen any race, religious or even political group be so offended and complaining as much as you guys/girls all across gamefaqs so the whole community needs to learn to stop forcing their opinions on other people and stop complaining about every damn little thing.)

1: Nice censor bypass
2: Nice flame
3: Who are you?
4: Don't tell us what to do
5: You're a hypocrite by saying we should complain about everything, yet here you are, insulting us, calling us homosexuals and rail on the LGBT group who have absolutely nothing to do with this whatsoever.
6: And I did. Just about every religious organization goes apecrap when you dare to speak out against them, or draw a picture of their prophet or something. Last time someone did that there were calls for bombings and beheading those that dared to make a drawing. Worldwide at that.

Come back when you are clearheaded. and less ignorant of the world.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#113Gandalf the IstariPosted 4/5/2013 5:28:19 AM
shatterstar posted...
Because if I've seen someone dressed as the original Dante, I would think he was a homosexual or just plain crazy.

Seriously...?
#114IAmMC2Posted 4/5/2013 5:29:37 AM
What can you say? NT are childish and ignorant, just like their audience clearly.
---
PWB Fave five: Sheamus, ADR, Orton, Cesaro, Sandow
Not changing this sig until Kanji becomes viable in P4 Arena(started 8/21/2012)
#115Orange00Posted 4/5/2013 5:41:10 AM
Gandalf the Istari posted...
shatterstar posted...
Because if I've seen someone dressed as the original Dante, I would think he was a homosexual or just plain crazy.

Seriously...?

well he doesn't look like your everyday-person now does he? I'd probably think he was coming from some theather act or something..

but since when do videogame characters have to look like normal folks? This the grunge era of games, where evetything has to be toned down, brown and boring? So i don't really understand why NT tries to justify their direction, pretty silly. But i also certainly don't see anything to be offended by either.
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#116rockman11_zPosted 4/5/2013 6:22:23 AM
Oh ho ho. Looks like the all star pros are here in this topic.

Hehehhehehe
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#1171wingedmooglePosted 4/5/2013 6:35:15 AM
This just makes me smile. NT must be very upset about nobody buying their game. It's even more hilarious that they don't even understand why.
---
Not changing this sig until Little Big Adventure 3 is announced. In other words, never.
#1185hadowsPosted 4/5/2013 6:35:51 AM
rockman11_z posted...

Hehehhehehe

Shatter probably pmed some of the sheeps from the xbox board to back up his claims
since even pros from this board(the non idiotic ones) thinks he's a clown.
---
Ill add something here later....
#119Orange00Posted 4/5/2013 6:50:48 AM
5hadows posted...
rockman11_z posted...

Hehehhehehe

Shatter probably pmed some of the sheeps from the xbox board to back up his claims

this topic ain't about shatter, you guys are the ones who keeping talking about him.
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#1205hadowsPosted 4/5/2013 6:51:44 AM
Orange00 posted...
5hadows posted...
rockman11_z posted...

Hehehhehehe

this topic ain't about shatter, you guys are the ones who keeping talking about him.

Hello there sheep, could you please return to your horde?
---
Ill add something here later....