Ninja Theory's insulting, offensive GDC conference

#1515hadowsPosted 4/5/2013 9:21:54 AM
RetsuxD posted...
produner posted...
RetsuxD posted...
produner posted...
RetsuxD posted...
Hey, I actually got modded for saying "omelette du fromage", so I dunno lol.

Don't tell me it was modded because of being " offensive" ?

Disruptive posting.
In a thread regarding el Dónte.
While replying to a post written in french.
While also getting a post that was actually related to this game modded...
On a thread made by me.

So, anything that is not understandable for mods is disruptive posting.. its not your fault that the mod was ignorant or didn't understand french, unless that mod was a grammar nazi but that would mean modding 90% of Gfaqs users.

A sentence in french was modded because it wasn't understandable but my post was a complete gibberish but the mod read it in reverse and modded the post for the meaning of the reversed word.... LOL nitpicking at its best. I suggest that mods should research such terms or learn french instead or reading backwards.

The worst part is that omelette du fromage is actually a joke based on Dexter.

Most everyone knows this.

Anyone older than 18 should know this, cod/NT fanbots shouldn't so that's why they think it's disruptive.
---
Ill add something here later....
#152shatterstarPosted 4/5/2013 9:53:39 AM(edited)
FireMage7777 posted...
shatterstar posted...
produner posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...
Shatterstar187 Just look at it this way sir. By you not buying or playing the new Xbox, will also free up more time for you to workout and cut some of that weight you have there. Because it's pretty obvious that the only workout you've ever had in years, was hitting that old Xbox with that axe. You almost had a heart attack there my friend.

Shatter on a Boogie video.

He was spouting crap about the gameplay's depth and about helping people, clearly he's ass at the game and he himself claimed that he's an average DMC player.

The best thing about him is, his trolling is like DmC's writing, plot holes and contradictions everywhere.

Well the writing didn't stop you from renting or buying it and playing the game after complaining about it for 2 years and I'm pretty sure it didn't stop your complaining after playing it several more times on all it's difficulty setting either.

Give me a break mate. Why are you still here and what are you waiting for? Because I don't think it really matters if they announce a DmC2 or DMC5 because you'll play them both anyway and still complain.

Pisspoor argument mate. If so many people who hate it bought it...then why is this game stuck at less then 700,000 sales. Oh and BTW

shatterstar Posted 5/20/2012 9:39:31 AM

I'm 100% sure DmC will succeed and sell a million or even 2.5 million so please feel free to quote me on this months after it's released or even before. The pre-orders will speak in volumes.

I will come back in here and gloat when it does:) When Capcom announces that NT will be taking over the franchise here on out, I'll take my gloating even further with You Tube footage.

Anything you'd like to eat? Maybe your words?

Read my post. I said rent or bought. Buying as end used. Because we've all played the game or we wouldn't be here arguing about it with no substance to support our opinions...correct?

PS: Send me a link to the overall amount that DmC sold because you seem to know all this as fact. Because I don't have a damn clue how much this game has sold.

So I'll pass on your offer so now you can eat it for me...lol.

Also stop blowing up your search engine with DmC if you consider this a piece of crap. But you basically got DmC, NT, and Capcom on the brain so that's not even an option now is it? Because you're still here, waiting, complaining, and hoping.
#153DuuuDe14Posted 4/5/2013 9:44:56 AM
You clearly stated sold shatter. dont try and play it offf.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#154shatterstarPosted 4/5/2013 9:47:07 AM
DuuuDe14 posted...
You clearly stated sold shatter. dont try and play it offf.

Like I said. Not too bright.
#155FireMage7777Posted 4/5/2013 10:19:58 AM
shatterstar posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
shatterstar posted...
produner posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...
Shatterstar187 Just look at it this way sir. By you not buying or playing the new Xbox, will also free up more time for you to workout and cut some of that weight you have there. Because it's pretty obvious that the only workout you've ever had in years, was hitting that old Xbox with that axe. You almost had a heart attack there my friend.

Shatter on a Boogie video.

He was spouting crap about the gameplay's depth and about helping people, clearly he's ass at the game and he himself claimed that he's an average DMC player.

The best thing about him is, his trolling is like DmC's writing, plot holes and contradictions everywhere.

Well the writing didn't stop you from renting or buying it and playing the game after complaining about it for 2 years and I'm pretty sure it didn't stop your complaining after playing it several more times on all it's difficulty setting either.

Give me a break mate. Why are you still here and what are you waiting for? Because I don't think it really matters if they announce a DmC2 or DMC5 because you'll play them both anyway and still complain.

Pisspoor argument mate. If so many people who hate it bought it...then why is this game stuck at less then 700,000 sales. Oh and BTW

shatterstar Posted 5/20/2012 9:39:31 AM

I'm 100% sure DmC will succeed and sell a million or even 2.5 million so please feel free to quote me on this months after it's released or even before. The pre-orders will speak in volumes.

I will come back in here and gloat when it does:) When Capcom announces that NT will be taking over the franchise here on out, I'll take my gloating even further with You Tube footage.

Anything you'd like to eat? Maybe your words?

Read my post. I said rent or bought. Buying as end used. Because we've all played the game or we wouldn't be here arguing about it with no substance to support our opinions...correct?

PS: Send me a link to the overall amount that DmC sold because you seem to know all this as fact. Because I don't have a damn clue how much this game has sold.

So I'll pass on your offer so now you can eat it for me...lol.

Also stop blowing up your search engine with DmC if you consider this a piece of crap. But you basically got DmC, NT, and Capcom on the brain so that's not even an option now is it? Because you're still here, waiting, complaining, and hoping.

Nope, you said SOLD. Your words not mine

You may look it up yourself. Whichever sales figures site you choose, not one has it over 700,000

Nope, you don't get to pass, open up for the choo choo
---
DmC flopped flipped, PM me if you like this sig!!! People who like this sig so far: 24
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#156ZeroX91Posted 4/5/2013 11:42:55 AM
Yar har fiddle dee dee~
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJuLGBjjf6g
#157xhominidPosted 4/5/2013 12:07:58 PM
Are you serious? They are obviously in game costumes, but the intended effect was the same. NT wanted to goof off and make jokes with their character. It's the same thing as in game costumes used as comedy relief.

*insert facepalm here*
No, it doesn't work like that Nukie. If there's implications that point to something wrong, it's gonna be pointed out. You have Brokeback Mountain and Batman & Robin, 2 movies that have gay tones within them(Schumacher(messed up) stated that was intentional) and Dante was in one of those pictures and Dante was stated not to be that as a jab to his Older self.

The implications and attacks on the fanbase definitely doesn't make them look like they were goofing around, it looks like they are just sad their game flopped after alienating the fandom...

As for Dante. NT wasnt bashing the gay community or even insinuating that they were. All they did was make a few jokes and you all know this. If Capcom the creator and owner of the franchise doesn't care why are you guys whining? You don't make a dime off of DMC and it's pitiful that you guys look for any small insignificant detail in order to complain.

You're asking why Capcom doesn't care!? No **** Capcom doesn't care because they don't give a **** anymore...

You keep forgetting that this has some bad implications in them, forgetting that this wasn't out of either NT or Capcom to attack the fanbase for absolutely no reason. I'm sorry you can't see the issue, but this is a powder keg, waiting to explode.
---
When you're Minato it means putting them both doggy style, putting seals on their asses and teleport-popping them like a beast. -NaughtyGhost
#158StrelokPosted 4/5/2013 12:11:30 PM
RetsuxD posted...
produner posted...
RetsuxD posted...
produner posted...
RetsuxD posted...
Hey, I actually got modded for saying "omelette du fromage", so I dunno lol.

Don't tell me it was modded because of being " offensive" ?

Disruptive posting.
In a thread regarding el Dónte.
While replying to a post written in french.
While also getting a post that was actually related to this game modded...
On a thread made by me.

So, anything that is not understandable for mods is disruptive posting.. its not your fault that the mod was ignorant or didn't understand french, unless that mod was a grammar nazi but that would mean modding 90% of Gfaqs users.

A sentence in french was modded because it wasn't understandable but my post was a complete gibberish but the mod read it in reverse and modded the post for the meaning of the reversed word.... LOL nitpicking at its best. I suggest that mods should research such terms or learn french instead or reading backwards.

The worst part is that omelette du fromage is actually a joke based on Dexter.

Most everyone knows this.

OMLETTE DU FORMAGE!
I mean Indeed.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#159Malus_X6Posted 4/5/2013 12:23:36 PM
It's times like this that I wish I was proficient in the usage of a Shaolin spade...
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#160ss14knightPosted 4/5/2013 12:47:22 PM
JELIFISH19 posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...
I see. What's really weird is that the only "Japanese-y" thing in all of DMC was Yamato. Everything else was western style. Even in its untranslated format, DMC always had English voice actors. In the video games, there was no over exaggerated sweat drops, no huge watery anime eyes and none of the usual anime anything in DMC.

In any case, even if the Brokeback Mountain picture was taken out of the equation altogether, it seemed as if NT was still trying to stick their finger in the eye of people who still like DMC. I think they're angry because DmC didn't sell so well.

Many of the top Japanese franchises try to imitate the western aesthetic. Off the top of my head, there's Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Lost Planet, Silent Hill, Dead Rising, Castlevania, Devil May Cry, most Nintendo games, and most Namco and Capcom fighting games. Most of these games take place in the America or Europe and feature non-Japanese characters. The Nintendo and fighting games take a more ambiguous approach. But if Steven Spielberg directs a movie that takes place in Japan and has Japanese characters, it wouldn't be a Japanese movie. No one considers Chronicles of a Geisha to be a Japanese movie. One of the main issues with projects like these is things get lost in translation.

At the time that most of those franchises came out, studios in America and Europe weren't really making high quality games. So Japanese developers capitalized by making games that appealed to the American and European audience. But American and European developers started making good games this gen. The Japanese devs are having trouble keeping up because they can't deliver authentic American games. They often feel off compared to the real American games because they're kind of American but not really. Things just don't add up all of the time in those games. That was acceptable a few years ago but now we have games that feel right all around.

In DMC vs DmC terms, you've never seen someone in America talk or dress like DMC Dante but I'm sure you've seen people who are like DmC Dante. DmC Dante would fit much better in that Brokeback Mountain picture but they're not saying he's gay. In fact, most of us would fit in that picture better than DMC Dante. DmC Dante definitely fits right into that Fight Club picture. I personally didn't buy DmC since I don't buy $60 single-player games but I watched streams on twitch and walkthroughs on youtube. On many occasions, you would hear the commentator coincidentally say the same thing that Dante says while they're playing. That never happened in old DMCs. Those are the kinds of things that are lost in translation.

Both Dantes were made to be rebellious but that rebellion means different things to difference audiences. We don't see how rebellious DMC Dante is because we're not exposed to Japanese culture much. We're not going to outright say it's stupid and that you don't like that guy. But DmC Dante resembles something much more close to home for most of us so we can more easily say that we don't like him.

But back to the Brokeback Mountain picture. If you have a picture of circles and add a triangle to it. No one is going to say that the triangle is really a circle. They're going to say the triangle doesn't belong there. I don't get how people see that NT is saying old Dante is gay by putting him in a Brokeback Mountain picture. He just doesn't belong there.

I wish so bad GFAQs had a +1 system...