Ninja Theory's insulting, offensive GDC conference

#191Japanese_JadePosted 4/9/2013 8:28:14 PM
JELIFISH19 posted...
By pointing out that he doesn't belong there?

^^This.

Its nice to see people are still dragging on this presentation thing and blowing it out of proportion. It was to show that Dante doesn't fit in Western movies.

Ninja Theory probably enjoys seeing hardcore fanboys upset. The rage is always delivered too i.e. this thread.
---
Favorite games of 2013: DmC: Devilishly Modded Compilation (PC), Bioshock Infinite: The Cyndi Lauper Edition (PC), Killer is Dead (Precognitive judgement)
#192A_Nonny_MoosePosted 4/9/2013 9:42:14 PM
Admittedly I can't read Japanese, so I may be completely wrong, but isn't the idea of the Brokeback Mountain image, along with the Fight Club image, to demonstrate that old Dante doesn't fit in those settings?
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#193nukeboy777Posted 4/9/2013 9:45:08 PM
A_Nonny_Moose posted...
Admittedly I can't read Japanese, so I may be completely wrong, but isn't the idea of the Brokeback Mountain image, along with the Fight Club image, to demonstrate that old Dante doesn't fit in those settings?

They all know this. They are looking for pointless things to complain about, because their idol was rebooted.
#194Ink-RibbonPosted 4/9/2013 9:54:30 PM
A_Nonny_Moose posted...

Exactly.

It's useless when you're dealing with people that chose to dislike and hate a game, no matter what you do....

Dante isn't even gay at first place, thus showing their complaints are useless...XD

Just imagine if they had put Dante with some dogs. Antis would probably think NT was calling Dante a dog.

Antis don't use logic, they lack common sense and they try to find small and silly excuses to justify their hate. I wonder why they're even here now. DmC was released 3 months ago, it didn't have good sales, we don't knw if a sequel is going to happen...

They need to come here, they need to stay here, they must come here in order to find excuses to keep hating. I was seriously considering using gamefaqs as a serious experiment for the university...
#195Malus_X6Posted 4/9/2013 10:05:14 PM
So basically;

Tammy - Our game sold badder dan the other Dovil Moy Vroy series! Let's call the other Donte gay!! Lulz!!

All because they made a **** game and couldn't take that anyone with half a brain cell knew it was inferior to the proper series, so they decided to photoshop proper Dante onto a gay cowboy image and... and... *Dies because of NT's sheer stupidity*

That's my wife! :P

Nobody worry, she'll pull a Captain Jack Harkness and wake up in a minute or so.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#196Ether101Posted 4/9/2013 10:30:40 PM
A_Nonny_Moose posted...

No, the Brokeback Mountain was used solely as a jab at the original Dante during the original NYCC slideshow. The whole point of the all of the original clips of him in Fight Club and believe Forest Gump was to say how Dante being a character for the East, which according to Ninja Theory is the Land of Anime, could never fit in at all in the West, the Land of Movies. It was another case of Ninja Theory insinuating that Japan is inferior to the West while also saying that if you weren't with their Dante then you were against America.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#197Orange00Posted 4/9/2013 11:11:27 PM
Ether101 posted...
A_Nonny_Moose posted...

No, the Brokeback Mountain was used solely as a jab at the original Dante during the original NYCC slideshow. The whole point of the all of the original clips of him in Fight Club and believe Forest Gump was to say how Dante being a character for the East, which according to Ninja Theory is the Land of Anime, could never fit in at all in the West, the Land of Movies. It was another case of Ninja Theory insinuating that Japan is inferior to the West while also saying that if you weren't with their Dante then you were against America.

wut?? That's quite a view you got there. Lots of hidden agendas Nt got going. Sharp eyes.

how about just "west is different than japan", you guys are making this stuff up as you go seriously
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#198Orange00Posted 4/9/2013 11:33:01 PM(edited)
actually now that i think of this, you guys might be onto something.

according to NT:
fight club= OG dante(aka big brother) is mentally unstable loser
forest gump= he is also a r*****.. Uh handicapped i mean.
brokeback= he is super gay.
it's not said anywhere but i read between the lines that OG dante is also a racist.

damn you NT !! I'm becoming anti on this very moment!
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#199MrStarkillerPosted 4/9/2013 11:40:46 PM
So what's all this you ladies are going on about? Playing nice in here, I should hope.
#200Ether101Posted 4/10/2013 12:25:11 AM
Orange00 posted...
wut?? That's quite a view you got there. Lots of hidden agendas Nt got going. Sharp eyes.

It's propaganda and it's what all of NT's PR has been about.

how about just "west is different than japan", you guys are making this stuff up as you go seriously

That doesn't work as Devil May Cry US sales always out ranked Japan's. DMC was always more popular over here. To say that the series need to be drastically remade so that it could do well state side is idiotic.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.