Ninja Theory's insulting, offensive GDC conference

#51darkslayer001Posted 4/4/2013 8:21:06 PM
ss14knight posted...
I don't think NT is trying to be offensive with the whole Dante in Brokeback Mountain thing, I think they're just too clueless to understand that after some **** they've pulled, this isn't funny or seen in any sort of joking way. It's the same story it's always been with NT, they aren't bad people, they're just stupid.

this^
I think NT is so confused and clueless at this point, they are gonna have to leach of some other companies to stay alive.
#52shatterstarPosted 4/4/2013 8:48:06 PM(edited)
Rising_shadow posted...
DmC also received overwhelming positive reviews and made #1 on the top 10 list, even out shining God of War, MGS, and any other current game of this genre in the critics eyes.

And yet it hasn't even sold half of what those sold.

If the game was slammed by critics and received Aliens: Colonial Marines and The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct scores, Capcom would abandon it and not still support it at GDC 2013.

But that wasn't the case now was it?

Yeah, we're totally seeing some support. If by support you mean lowering sales expectations dramatically and shoving any talk of it to the ditch where nobody can see it flop in a pool of its own faeces.

Well the new Tomb Raider, Hitman: Absolution, Sleeping Dogs, and even Darksiders 2 are considered flops. Even if they did sale a million or 3 million units.

If it doesn't reach companies expectations in sales, it's a lost mate...period. But that won't stop them from continuing to produce these IP's. They'll just produce them at a lower cost with lower sale expectations next time around.

But in Capcom's case. DmC was produced with low funding and outsourced to a relatively unknown independent developing company.

A majority of their games are now done on the cheap and they use the money made by those projects to fund games like Dragon Dogma and Monster Hunter. All done internally by Capcom.

Didn't you get the memo 4 or 5 years ago?
#53Rising_shadowPosted 4/4/2013 8:26:54 PM
DmC was produced with low funding

Show me the money, troll. Put your money where your mouth is and show me the budget allocation for DmC. Show me how Capcom profited from this flop when only a quarter of their sales projections was met.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#54shatterstarPosted 4/4/2013 8:31:27 PM
darkslayer001 posted...
shatterstar posted...
If they're still talking about new Dante at GDC 2013, that should tell you that this is the direction Capcom are sticking with...lol.

Because it makes no sense to go this route with Hollywood standing right behind you in full support, only to go against it by reverting back to the original.

I think the whole purpose of DmC is to attract a new and younger fanbase and not a fanbase that's in it's late 20's and early 30's now.

so M rated games are targeting young teenagers?
Shatter never fails to amuse

You never failed to amuse me mate.

Because don't act like you never played an M rated game when you were a kid or seen a rated R movie.

The rating system exist to prevent publishers from being sued by over protective parents. But not every parent is over protective now are they?

Nobody really cares about that damn rating system and it sure in hell won't stop kids from playing those games either...lol.
#55Rising_shadowPosted 4/4/2013 8:33:28 PM
Shatter is the authority on broke teenagers, being one himself.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#56ZeroX91Posted 4/4/2013 8:34:07 PM
shatterstar posted...
darkslayer001 posted...
shatterstar posted...
If they're still talking about new Dante at GDC 2013, that should tell you that this is the direction Capcom are sticking with...lol.

Because it makes no sense to go this route with Hollywood standing right behind you in full support, only to go against it by reverting back to the original.

I think the whole purpose of DmC is to attract a new and younger fanbase and not a fanbase that's in it's late 20's and early 30's now.

so M rated games are targeting young teenagers?
Shatter never fails to amuse

You never failed to amuse me mate.

Because don't act like you never played an M rated game when you were a kid or seen a rated R movie.

The rating system exist to prevent publishers from being sued by over protective parents. But not every parent is over protective now are they?

Nobody really cares about that damn rating system and it sure in hell won't stop kids from playing those games either...lol.

:o
He's got you there.
*eats popcorn*
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJuLGBjjf6g
#57ss14knightPosted 4/4/2013 8:43:10 PM
ZeroX91 posted...
Malus_X6 posted...
ss14knight posted...
I don't think NT is trying to be offensive with the whole Dante in Brokeback Mountain thing, I think they're just too clueless to understand that after some **** they've pulled, this isn't funny or seen in any sort of joking way. It's the same story it's always been with NT, they aren't bad people, they're just stupid.

See this guy gets it.

Well yeah, but Tameem? He's definitely bad people.

ehh...I wouldn't know never had a drink with him, he strikes me as the guy from dinner date though so yea...

My favorite way to describe him is that kid in class you wouldn't mind hanging out with, but would really piss you off when you get partnered with him in a project that he'll probably end up doing no work in.
#58shatterstarPosted 4/4/2013 8:47:10 PM
Rising_shadow posted...

Show me the money, troll. Put your money where your mouth is and show me the budget allocation for DmC. Show me how Capcom profited from this flop when only a quarter of their sales projections was met.

Why don't you do the same troll. Because I don't think it'll make a difference if Capcom even announced a DmC2 made by NT. You'll probably play it anyway..=)

But to answer your question.

Capcom are now producing triple the amount of IP's within a year and they're all done by unknown or low budget developers.

Not by big budget developers that won't even work on an IP unless they're getting a large amount of money and funding to work on that said project.

It's called cutting corners mate. If you can't see it or understand it, I'm sorry for you. Because Capcom doesn't have the funding to product triple the amount of IP's within a year at full cost. No company does.
#595hadowsPosted 4/4/2013 8:53:18 PM(edited)
shatterstar posted...
Rising_shadow posted...

Why don't you do the same troll. Because I don't think it'll make a difference if Capcom even announced a DmC2 made by NT. You'll probably play it anyway..=)

But to answer your question.

Capcom are now producing triple the amount of IP's within a year and they're all done by unknown or low budget developers.

Not by big budget developers that won't even work on an IP unless they're getting a large amount of money and funding to work on that said project.

It's called cutting corners mate. If you can't see it or understand it, I'm sorry for you. Because Capcom doesn't have the funding to product triple the amount of IP's within a year at full cost. No company does.

I've missed this amount of effort put into something that doesn't even make any sense.
---
Ill add something here later....
#60shatterstarPosted 4/4/2013 8:58:06 PM
ss14knight posted...
ZeroX91 posted...
Malus_X6 posted...
ss14knight posted...

See this guy gets it.

Well yeah, but Tameem? He's definitely bad people.

ehh...I wouldn't know never had a drink with him, he strikes me as the guy from dinner date though so yea...

My favorite way to describe him is that kid in class you wouldn't mind hanging out with, but would really piss you off when you get partnered with him in a project that he'll probably end up doing no work in.

Well that should make you the complaining and I hate everybody because I'm such a loser kid I guess. T

Because you're still here complaining about a damn 3 month old game, that's not even important to you're overall life. Unless you plan on playing DMC at age 55..lol.

Move on mate. I'm playing Skyrim. See.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q9Tt3n9p1c

Recorded that yesterday...lol.