Ninja Theory's insulting, offensive GDC conference

#71Orange00Posted 4/4/2013 8:55:49 PM
ON TOPIC, i didn't see the presentation like that. (although i only read a small article about that it and i might be missing something) NT also show'd a pic of fight club with Dante copy-pasted in there next to brad pit. I thought the whole point of those pics were to show how much Dante stands out from western media. So i don't see how brokeback mountain or gay people were shown in a bad colour. They probably wanted to have a western, as in cowboys n stuff, there as it doesn't get any "western" than a western movie.

you're looking too deep into this.
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#72sworderPosted 4/4/2013 9:05:48 PM
Yeah umm the only thing to be insulted by is from how stupid the comparison was. Brokeback Mountain is as far from video games as possible

If you're bisexual or gay and felt insulted for some reason then you need to grow a pair
#73darkslayer001Posted 4/4/2013 9:18:33 PM
shatterstar posted...
darkslayer001 posted...
shatterstar posted...
If they're still talking about new Dante at GDC 2013, that should tell you that this is the direction Capcom are sticking with...lol.

Because it makes no sense to go this route with Hollywood standing right behind you in full support, only to go against it by reverting back to the original.

I think the whole purpose of DmC is to attract a new and younger fanbase and not a fanbase that's in it's late 20's and early 30's now.

so M rated games are targeting young teenagers?
Shatter never fails to amuse

You never failed to amuse me mate.

Because don't act like you never played an M rated game when you were a kid or seen a rated R movie.

The rating system exist to prevent publishers from being sued by over protective parents. But not every parent is over protective now are they?

Nobody really cares about that damn rating system and it sure in hell won't stop kids from playing those games either...lol.

you do make a point, so i guess thats how CoD does it....
then why not DmC?
#74KyryloPosted 4/4/2013 9:38:14 PM
Orange00 posted...
ON TOPIC, i didn't see the presentation like that. (although i only read a small article about that it and i might be missing something) NT also show'd a pic of fight club with Dante copy-pasted in there next to brad pit. I thought the whole point of those pics were to show how much Dante stands out from western media. So i don't see how brokeback mountain or gay people were shown in a bad colour. They probably wanted to have a western, as in cowboys n stuff, there as it doesn't get any "western" than a western movie.

once again your opinion is "no, no, no they didn'T mean it like that". Aren't you tired of it yourself?
90% of people know B.Mountain as movie about 2 gays. And if they photoshoped old dante in there it wasn't an accident. They question is: why than they didn't photoshopped Donte in there to show how wonderfully he passes into background
#75NostalgiaRulesPosted 4/4/2013 10:01:41 PM
Orange00 posted...

But Tameem said that original DMC is too Japanese-y, yet they put DMC 4 Dante in a western setting. Doesn't that mean that DMC Dante actually IS western enough to "relevant" according to todays standards?
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#76Orange00Posted 4/4/2013 10:06:32 PM
Kyrylo posted...
Orange00 posted...

once again your opinion is "no, no, no they didn'T mean it like that". Aren't you tired of it yourself?
90% of people know B.Mountain as movie about 2 gays. And if they photoshoped old dante in there it wasn't an accident. They question is: why than they didn't photoshopped Donte in there to show how wonderfully he passes into background

lol are you seriously saying that NT threw a presentation just to say "this is how gay we think old Dante is, and just so you don't misunderstand anything, being a gay is bad!"

let's face it, it's you guys who keep digging more material to hate NT, capcom and DmC. It's starting to reach absurd heights really, i mean why are you even following what NT does? Even i, a DmC pro, don't care of their actions as much. If you want to be insulted by something that wasn't meant to be taken that way, go ahead. I'm starting to think you deserve it.
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#77Orange00Posted 4/4/2013 10:08:50 PM
NostalgiaRules posted...
Orange00 posted...

But Tameem said that original DMC is too Japanese-y, yet they put DMC 4 Dante in a western setting. Doesn't that mean that DMC Dante actually IS western enough to "relevant" according to todays standards?

they put him there to show how out-of-place he is in a western media. That supports "he's too japanesy" all the way.
---
#78SandOnMyBootPosted 4/4/2013 10:27:31 PM
If NT was simply trying to compare old Dante to a western movie, why not pick a movie that is well-known amongst the western genre? Has nobody ever heard of The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly? Or Fistful of Dollars?

Don't deny that pop culture remembers Brokeback Mountain as a movie about 2 gay cowboys. All the jokes and parodies that were made of Brokeback Mountain focused solely on the sexual aspect of it. Out of any famous movie with cowboys, NT chose that one. And with all of NT's little potshots about Old Dante being a wussy, long-haired, pretty boy, you know what the implication of that picture was.

And are people overlooking the fact that NT also took those pics of cosplayers, using it as if they're inherently stupid, a group of crazy weeaboos that doesn't deserve any respect?

And are you people actually denying that NT did this to insult the fans? WITH ALL THOSE COMPARISON PICTURES THEY MADE?! WHY ELSE WOULD THEY MAKE THEM?! WHAT OTHER PURPOSE COULD THEY POSSIBLY SERVE?!
"Old Dante is like this stupid picture, New Dante is like this awesome picture. Oh but I don't mean to be insulting. This is a very professional presentation. That's why we have these horribly photoshopped pics bringing up old controversies for no reason."

It can't be more obvious. They had a presentation to do, they needed material to fill it, they threw these insults together to rile up the fans and get some of that attention they crave so damn much.
#79syctheweilderPosted 4/4/2013 10:31:15 PM
"Old Dante is like this stupid picture, New Dante is like this awesome picture. Oh but I don't mean to be insulting. This is a very professional presentation. That's why we have these horribly photoshopped pics bringing up old controversies for no reason."
#80NostalgiaRulesPosted 4/4/2013 10:32:08 PM
Orange00 posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...
Orange00 posted...

they put him there to show how out-of-place he is in a western media. That supports "he's too japanesy" all the way.

I see. What's really weird is that the only "Japanese-y" thing in all of DMC was Yamato. Everything else was western style. Even in its untranslated format, DMC always had English voice actors. In the video games, there was no over exaggerated sweat drops, no huge watery anime eyes and none of the usual anime anything in DMC.

In any case, even if the Brokeback Mountain picture was taken out of the equation altogether, it seemed as if NT was still trying to stick their finger in the eye of people who still like DMC. I think they're angry because DmC didn't sell so well.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.