DmC2 more likely than DMC5...

#191shatterstarPosted 4/6/2013 6:32:17 PM
Akanesasusora posted...
Sorry but all the evidence points to DmC2 being more likely than DMC5. Even another reboot is more likely. Face it, DMC is dead. Capcom squashed it to start all over and they're still supporting DmC. They're still behind it. Again it's just simple realization at this point. DMC is done. And that's not according to me, but according to Capcom. You know, the devs who made the game. That's all the evidence I need. Sad antis (Im going to coin the new hot term of this board, Santi's = sad antis, you heard it here first) may agree with you but they have no power other than their cry moar special ability. Capcom agrees with me, and they decide what gets made.

*Grabs a cane and pimp walks out of topic*

Capcom is still supporting DmC? Oh, I guess that explains why Capcom, and the media in general, hasn't said a word about the game in months.

You're still ignoring the other series that got rebooted and reverted back to the original direction because their reboots failed. Don't pull up that BS "rule" you keep saying these series are exceptions to, because I highly doubt many of them experienced anywhere near the level of backlash DmC had from the moment of its announcement all the way up to its release.

But then, you're just going to ignore what I say anyway because you're a troll (and not even a good one >_>), so I guess I'm just wasting my time.

But when have Capcom ever given into fans demands?

Fans demanded Mega Man Legends and they said....F-you....canceling it. The fans demanded that DMC stay a Playstation exclusive and once again, another.....F-you, still doing it.

You rage about this reboot and they also replied with another F-you and still supporting the new direction with NT standing right by their side.

Buy a clue mate! They don't care how much you rage and call them names, just as long as you continue to play their games.

If you weren't raging or talking about them, they'll probably be worried because they're not maintaining your interest.

So make sure you're the first to hit the gate when it's feeding time. Just like a good little sheep.
#192shatterstarPosted 4/6/2013 6:52:12 PM
darkslayer001 posted...
shatterstar posted...
Rising_shadow posted...
Oh yes, sessler is a great barometer for honesty. Seeing as he goes from hating the game to licking its hairy balls from one video to another. Guess the Capcom check finally cleared.

I thought that Sessler video was hilarious!

I'm watching 3 grown ass intelligent adult males, basically saying that the originals have become downright ridiculous and silly over the chores of 4 installments. But here's the funny part.....

I'm in this very forum, reading post from fans, that are now grown ass adults themselves, still trying to make sense of all this madness and also trying to defend it...lol.

(Here's DMC's endgame)

At the end of the original DMC's life, Capcom tries to introduce a new protagonist that looks just like Dante with a demon arm to make it feel fresh and new. How original is that....lol. That's just plain laziness on their part.

That's when Capcom knew that it was time to jump ship and start over.

They havent played DMC3 or 4... and they made judgement even though they dont have the right to...anway dont want to bring that whole video discussion here.
why do i bother to respond to Shatter...

But you're missing the whole point. They got to a point where they weren't interested in playing this ridiculous and outright over the top silly mess any further. They lost interest and that's a problem.

In order for a franchise to survive. You have to make it more appeal and also current for a new audience to increase the fanbase. You can't keep dishing out the same crap 10 years ago every 2 years.

Capcom goals are to speed up production and produce DMC games every 2 years. So you honestly believe that they're going to go backwards to some old stuff and throw it back at you like it's new and fresh? Instead of moving forward and trying to improve what's current. You clearly don't know business.

Reverting backwards instead of forwards goes against the plan mate.
#193darkslayer001Posted 4/6/2013 7:06:08 PM(edited)
shatterstar posted...
darkslayer001 posted...
shatterstar posted...
Rising_shadow posted...
Oh yes, sessler is a great barometer for honesty. Seeing as he goes from hating the game to licking its hairy balls from one video to another. Guess the Capcom check finally cleared.

I'm watching 3 grown ass intelligent adult males, basically saying that the originals have become downright ridiculous and silly over the chores of 4 installments. But here's the funny part.....

I'm in this very forum, reading post from fans, that are now grown ass adults themselves, still trying to make sense of all this madness and also trying to defend it...lol.

(Here's DMC's endgame)

At the end of the original DMC's life, Capcom tries to introduce a new protagonist that looks just like Dante with a demon arm to make it feel fresh and new. How original is that....lol. That's just plain laziness on their part.

They havent played DMC3 or 4... and they made judgement even though they dont have the right to...anway dont want to bring that whole video discussion here.

But you're missing the whole point. They got to a point where they weren't interested in playing this ridiculous and outright over the top silly mess any further. They lost interest and that's a problem.

In order for a franchise to survive. You have to make it more appeal and also current for a new audience to increase the fanbase. You can't keep dishing out the same crap 10 years ago every 2 years.

Capcom goals are to speed up production and produce DMC games every 2 years. So you honestly believe that they're going to go backwards to some old stuff and throw it back at you like it's new and fresh? Instead of moving forward and trying to improve what's current. You clearly don't know business.

But they dont matter....
because they dont play that genre...
its aite to cater HnS genre with other fans of the genre, but at the cost of fans of the very genre its made for...hmm
also games like COD, GOW, AC, and games that make millions makes your argument invalid.... and what is also funny is that DmC is a few steps bacwards in HnS but that doesnt matter to the casuals. Just because something is may or may not be stale doesn't mean one can make an inferior version of the supposed stale one to solve the problem.
DMC at least made considerable progression in combat compared to the games i listed.
#194shatterstarPosted 4/6/2013 7:31:09 PM(edited)
darkslayer001 posted...
shatterstar posted...
darkslayer001 posted...
shatterstar posted...
Rising_shadow posted...

(Here's DMC's endgame)

But they dont matter....
because they dont play that genre...
its aite to cater HnS genre with other fans of the genre, but at the cost of fans of the very genre its made for...hmm
also games like COD, GOW, AC, and games that make millions makes your argument invalid.... and what is also funny is that DmC is a few steps bacwards in HnS but that doesnt matter to the casuals. Just because something is may or may not be stale doesn't mean one can make an inferior version of the supposed stale one to solve the problem.
DMC at least made considerable progression in combat compared to the games i listed.

What do you mean they don't matter?

They're videogame journalist and they play every genre.

They have the power to make or break a game. If a game gets and overwhelmingly negative review with all gaming critics in agreement, your game will probably land on the top 10 worst game list of 2013. Just like The Walking Dead: Survival Instincts and Aliens: CM will probably land on.

Believe me, they matter more than you and I. Because they're a huge part of the industry.
#195VesperasPosted 4/6/2013 10:49:43 PM
"But ask yourself this. Have you ever seen a company revert back to the original format after trying to reinvent a franchise and make it current? That kinda defeats the purpose and also their goals and dreams for the future. I've seen companies abandon their franchises to only comeback 10 years later with a fresh reboot."

Megaman x7 to x8, got rid of bad 3D gameplay

Armor Core 4/fa to 5, got rid of the superfast flashly garbage.

Dynasty Warrior 6 to 7, brought back classic attack string and historically inaccurate weapons because fans were upset.

Although I liked BoF 5, I could bet mad $ money that fans would like the 6th one, if ever, to be classic.

After FFX, the brought back the ATB.

Look at Mario Wii, revamping a game made when I was still in diapers. Not that the galaxy's did bad, but companies do go back to their roots.

"I've played them all and DMC4 is the only DMC game out of the 4 that I couldn't even stomach enough to complete. It was just the same old crap with a new coat of next gen paint and with a new protagonist taking the lead role that I can't even stand still this day".

You liking DMC2 over 4 just says you have bad taste.

I believe shatter said all this crap.

And to those who say Cap didn't pay reviewers? That's hilarious. Why do you think they ran DmC in gameinformer, yet held back on MGR till an extra month? It might have something to do with KP/P* having integrality to not blatantly bribe, because they know there games do well.

Capcom did this with Azure's Wraith too, which was a joke of a game. Just as DmC, they knew it would fail, but a Capcom game can't go under the radar, so they pay in advance. Keep in mind, they gave AW a 9, DmC a 9.something, and MGR a 7.75. They bash the parry commands but give any soul caliber game using THE same inputs stacked 9's. Keep in mind, in high level play, you try not to block, you parry.

To say a game like AW that literally grades you on QTE accuracy and basically mash attack to fill a bar is a 9? LOL. You can fool little kids and casuals Cap, anyone with a clue knows they are dirty.... or is it a wonder that MM's creator left? Shinji? How about all the talent that is now Platinum games?

Last, you do know Capcom was voted top 3 most hated company, right? I'm not even going on a limb when I say it was around the time they had the trailer for DmC, as it was. (EA was #1, forget the other)
---
PSN: Vesperas
CEO of Fierce Uprising <3 Dejoule
#196KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 4/6/2013 10:56:49 PM
Asura's Wrath was actually an amazing experience. Totally worth it. If they had advertised it as having incredibly technical and advanced gameplay, yeah I'd be mad. I knew what I was buying though, and the whole experience was worth it. Hell, it's got some of my top 10 favorite video game moments of all time, and it has my number one fight of all time.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#197Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 11:27:42 PM
Vesperas posted...
"But ask yourself this. Have you ever seen a company revert back to the original format after trying to reinvent a franchise and make it current? That kinda defeats the purpose and also their goals and dreams for the future. I've seen companies abandon their franchises to only comeback 10 years later with a fresh reboot."

Dynasty Warrior 6 to 7, brought back classic attack string and historically inaccurate weapons because fans were upset.

Although I liked BoF 5, I could bet mad $ money that fans would like the 6th one, if ever, to be classic.

Look at Mario Wii, revamping a game made when I was still in diapers. Not that the galaxy's did bad, but companies do go back to their roots.

"I've played them all and DMC4 is the only DMC game out of the 4 that I couldn't even stomach enough to complete. It was just the same old crap with a new coat of next gen paint and with a new protagonist taking the lead role that I can't even stand still this day".

And to those who say Cap didn't pay reviewers? That's hilarious. Why do you think they ran DmC in gameinformer, yet held back on MGR till an extra month? It might have something to do with KP/P* having integrality to not blatantly bribe, because they know there games do well.

Capcom did this with Azure's Wraith too, which was a joke of a game. Just as DmC, they knew it would fail, but a Capcom game can't go under the radar, so they pay in advance. Keep in mind, they gave AW a 9, DmC a 9.something, and MGR a 7.75. They bash the parry commands but give any soul caliber game using THE same inputs stacked 9's. Keep in mind, in high level play, you try not to block, you parry.

To say a game like AW that literally grades you on QTE accuracy and basically mash attack to fill a bar is a 9? LOL. You can fool little kids and casuals Cap, anyone with a clue knows they are dirty.... or is it a wonder that MM's creator left? Shinji? How about all the talent that is now Platinum games?

Last, you do know Capcom was voted top 3 most hated company, right? I'm not even going on a limb when I say it was around the time they had the trailer for DmC, as it was. (EA was #1, forget the other)

Basically none of the games you listed were reboots. Nice fail though.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#198syctheweilderPosted 4/6/2013 11:33:38 PM
Mixorz posted...
Vesperas posted...

Called it.
#199Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 12:48:23 AM
syctheweilder posted...
Mixorz posted...
Vesperas posted...

Called it.

If you called it that just means even you recognized the failure of his post.

I will say it again: the ultimate evidence is behind me, because CAPCOM is still behind DmC and support NT. until Capcom comes out and says DmC was a mistake and they will revive The old franchise, we can conclude for a fact that DMC is dead. Again ROCK. SOLID. EVIDENCE.

/Topic win
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#200darkness1018Posted 4/7/2013 12:50:07 AM
I liked both DMC and DmC so getting either DmC 2 or DMC 5 would be fine with me but i would like to see the continued story of DmC more then DMC though.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita)