DmC2 more likely than DMC5...

#271Pesmerga255Posted 4/7/2013 2:50:38 PM
It looks really good.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#272KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 4/7/2013 2:53:19 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
It looks really good.

I loved 2017, the game was kind of stupid imo but it was fun as hell to play with friends. Nothing is funnier than launching giant ants/spiders a million miles away with a rocket launcher.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#273Pesmerga255Posted 4/7/2013 2:56:45 PM
I played a lot of EDF2 Portable with a friend. The fight against the massive Godzilla-looking thing was awesome.
---
#274Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 4:12:19 PM
Dynasty Warriors was never rebooted, which is why they just released 8 like a couple months ago. They've had spinoffs, but it has yet to see a reboot.

Again, logic and reason don't work on you guys. Most of the games you listed were either spinoffs or sequels that simply implemented different gameplay features. Not reboots. But again, the Santi's here have spun a cocoon of denial and are housed safely inside. Again, Capcom is on my side here and that's really what matters most since they decide what gets made and what doesn't.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#275shatterstarPosted 4/7/2013 4:49:14 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Vigeta11 posted...
Out of curiosity, has anyone at ANYTIME in you life seen a company reboot a game or even a movie, and then gone back to the original? I highly doubt that DMC5 is going to be made, it is far more likely that DmC2 would be next in line.

Also, I didn't read all of the junk that apparently has taken up 27 pages, I just thought the topic was dumb and a waste of time. Thought I might help you out a little.

Prince of Persia for one.

Sonic 06 also had the same thing happen.

There's one fact people keep ignoring; Capcom likes money (like all companies). DmC has been proven to not make money, DMC however is their 5th best selling franchise. Capcom seems to be doing poorly financially right now, so wouldn't it make sense that they'd stick with the series that actually sells? DmC2 would be a huge gamble money wise, DMC5 would not. It makes sense that they'd take the safer option and make DMC5 right now. DmC2 might happen eventually, once the company is back on its feet, but that probably won't be for a while.

You're right.

Capcom does have money and that's why they can afford to abandon and reboot their money making IP's as many times as they want.

They've abandon Onimusha and that franchise made them millions. They've even abandon Street Fighter for several years and that franchise made them millions. Mega Man, Strider, Rival Schools, Bionic Commando, etc...etc.... The list goes on and on my friend.

But they never go back and produce the same thing. They always reboot it or re-invent it to make it current.

So if they ever decide to make a DMC game again, you best believe, it won't be like the originals. It will be a new and very different DMC.
#2765hadowsPosted 4/7/2013 4:54:29 PM
How can some people here tell others to "get a life" or that they don't post here much because they're busy with RL and they work out?

I mean I posted here about 10 hours earlier and you guys are still going at it.
---
Ill add something here later....
#277Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 4:54:34 PM
shatterstar posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Vigeta11 posted...
Out of curiosity, has anyone at ANYTIME in you life seen a company reboot a game or even a movie, and then gone back to the original? I highly doubt that DMC5 is going to be made, it is far more likely that DmC2 would be next in line.

Also, I didn't read all of the junk that apparently has taken up 27 pages, I just thought the topic was dumb and a waste of time. Thought I might help you out a little.

Prince of Persia for one.

Sonic 06 also had the same thing happen.

There's one fact people keep ignoring; Capcom likes money (like all companies). DmC has been proven to not make money, DMC however is their 5th best selling franchise. Capcom seems to be doing poorly financially right now, so wouldn't it make sense that they'd stick with the series that actually sells? DmC2 would be a huge gamble money wise, DMC5 would not. It makes sense that they'd take the safer option and make DMC5 right now. DmC2 might happen eventually, once the company is back on its feet, but that probably won't be for a while.

You're right.

Capcom does have money and that's why they can afford to abandon and reboot their money making IP's as many times as they want.

They've abandon Onimusha and that franchise made them millions. They've even abandon Street Fighter for several years and that franchise made them millions. Mega Man, Strider, Rival Schools, Bionic Commando, etc...etc.... The list goes on and on my friend.

But they never go back and produce the same thing. They always reboot it or re-invent it to make it current.

So if they ever decide to make a DMC game again, you best believe, it won't be like the originals. It will be a new and very different DMC.

Game. Set. Match.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#278Pesmerga255Posted 4/7/2013 4:55:16 PM
shatter, Megaman 9 and 10 would like a word with you.
---
#279AkanesasusoraPosted 4/7/2013 5:18:12 PM

What. Can you not read or something. He said "Capcom seems to be doing poorly financially right now, so wouldn't it make sense that they'd stick with the series that actually sells?" How did you gleam "They can afford to abandon and reboot their--" oh wait this is shatterstar nevermind.
---
http://i.imgur.com/vvdrYfB.jpg
#280Rising_shadowPosted 4/7/2013 6:12:36 PM
They've had spinoffs, but it has yet to see a reboot.

If you knew anything about Dynasty Warriors you'd know that each and every game essentially discards the previous by creating a new adaptation of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

The only Warriors game with a continuity is Orochi, which has always been a crossover with a stable storyline.
Keeping this in mind, Warriors games actually reboot themselves with every new iteration as they add new officers and create spotlights for them in the story where there were none at the same time older characters get physical makeovers and in many cases psychological ones. For example, when Pang De was cut for DW6, parts of his personality and his type of combat weapon and moveset were given to Zhang Liao.
In addition, the story itself shifts as What If scenarios are routinely added since the story is rewritten for each iteration.

So basically, you're wrong and your pseudo opinion can go eat a lemon.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!