DmC2 more likely than DMC5...

#311shatterstarPosted 4/9/2013 11:49:17 PM
Wow!

You still don't get it.

The internal sale expectations are set high due to how well the game is being received and development cost.

Basically they put a lot of money into developing those games and the sales didn't measure up to the cost. Those games failed to hit their target, therefore they flopped and SE lost a substantial amount of money. Because they've decided to depend solely on those Western IP's instead of releasing a big budget title in the East. So the president of SE was forced to step down. Meaning....(he got fired for causing SE to lose a lot of money.)

If those games were made on the cheap, like Capcom is doing. It would be a different story. So expect the next installment of Hitman and Tomb Raider to be made on the cheap.

They sold well to a consumer or gamers eyes. But business wise (meaning to the company that owns those IP's), they're failures.

That's about as clear as I can explain it to you lots..
#312SiLVeR_420Posted 4/9/2013 11:53:23 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Kyrylo posted...
shatterstar posted...
Darkace9194 posted...
tomb raider considered a failure? shatterclown just go away and never come back we now run this board

You obviously don't know much about business or how the industry works.

But here you go...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/09/square-enix-reveals-sales-expectations-for-tomb-raider

yeah and it sold 5 times more units than DmC. LOL

But DmC was probably cheaper than TR, I guess.

So, if TR is more expensive, it needs to sell even more, in order to break even...

They probably made a lot back with sales. And all profits are theirs. No third party engine to pay for like NT.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#313produnerPosted 4/10/2013 3:03:02 AM
shatterstar posted...
Wow!

You still don't get it.

The internal sale expectations are set high due to how well the game is being received and development cost.

Basically they put a lot of money into developing those games and the sales didn't measure up to the cost. Those games failed to hit their target, therefore they flopped and SE lost a substantial amount of money. Because they've decided to depend solely on those Western IP's instead of releasing a big budget title in the East. So the president of SE was forced to step down. Meaning....(he got fired for causing SE to lose a lot of money.)

If those games were made on the cheap, like Capcom is doing. It would be a different story. So expect the next installment of Hitman and Tomb Raider to be made on the cheap.

They sold well to a consumer or gamers eyes. But business wise (meaning to the company that owns those IP's), they're failures.

Mate, have you ever heard of basic stuff in business like profit ? You know anyone in any sort of business would calculate his profits and the overall costs, just in case if that thing flopped, then it must at least cover the budget but not return profit.

Well, why the hell would capcom reduce the sales expectations below their budget? That is obviously stupid and something that they won't do. No one would reduce their income into something 1/5 of the overall costs .

Mate! lrn2 business.
#314UtaNapishtiPosted 4/10/2013 3:26:03 AM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
syctheweilder posted...
mahroflcopter posted...
I don't know if anyone gave Shatterstar the links to the sales which he was asking for before, but here they are anyway. And yes, NPD and Media Create are legit and are often used by the industry itself.

DmC under 200,000 (insiders say it was 189,000) first month in NA according to NPD:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:HZ8zFqiqv1IJ:www.giantbomb.com/forums/dmc-devil-may-cry-6240/npd-rankings-are-in-dmc-bombs-in-the-us-and-world--1424617/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

DmC under 50,000 second month in NA according to NPD:

http://www.gamechup.com/npd-dmc-devil-may-cry-bombs-badly-in-february-ni-no-kuni-sells-more/

DmC under 170,000 after a month in Japan according to Media Create:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514390

So DmC sold under 410,000 units in retail in the two largest markets in the world after 2 months. Assuming that Europe managed to pull 200,000 sales for DmC (and this is being generous) still means that DmC barely sold 600,000 copies in 2 months and then promptly stalled and dropped off all charts.

And if you want to bring up shipments:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-05-capcom-reduces-devil-may-cry-sales-target-by-800k

So not only did DmC do poorly at the retails, it did so poorly that Capcom had to reduce shipment expectations by nearly half.

"PUT A SPIN ON THIS"

I love when antis use quotes from a game that they hate with passion...

Seriously guys, I love you, I really do. I wonder what you think about it. XD

"Making humourous references to the game of the board they're on = TOTALLY FRIGGIN' OBSESSED WIT DA GAME LOL. My logic is flawless!"

And you wonder why people say you're a troll. No, wait...no you don't.

Oh, and by the way,

"0/10"

Too late. You're predictable.
#315Ether101Posted 4/10/2013 3:55:19 AM
produner posted...
shatterstar posted...
Wow!

You still don't get it.

Mate, have you ever heard of basic stuff in business like profit ? You know anyone in any sort of business would calculate his profits and the overall costs, just in case if that thing flopped, then it must at least cover the budget but not return profit.

Well, why the hell would capcom reduce the sales expectations below their budget? That is obviously stupid and something that they won't do. No one would reduce their income into something 1/5 of the overall costs .

Mate! lrn2 business.

Not to mention that those games probably did cover their cost just that Square Enix expected them to do better. Kind of how Tron Legacy didn't make the major profit that Disney was looking for at first but did manage to cover the production and advertisement cost with its US sales alone. So when it finally got released in the rest of the regions it was only going to make money.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#316KyryloPosted 4/10/2013 7:16:46 AM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Kyrylo posted...
shatterstar posted...
Darkace9194 posted...
tomb raider considered a failure? shatterclown just go away and never come back we now run this board

You obviously don't know much about business or how the industry works.

But here you go...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/09/square-enix-reveals-sales-expectations-for-tomb-raider

yeah and it sold 5 times more units than DmC. LOL

But DmC was probably cheaper than TR, I guess.

So, if TR is more expensive, it needs to sell even more, in order to break even...

even though, they were developed for the same time. I doubt DmC was cheaper like x5 times. It would force Nt live on the street and doing part time job for their families cause that's like WAY to little money for game developer employee.
#317Pesmerga255Posted 4/10/2013 7:31:55 AM
Does shatter ever make a post that isn't about sales?
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#318StrelokPosted 4/10/2013 9:41:33 AM
shatterstar posted...
Strelok posted...
So, fiscal numbers going down doesn't tell you anything, yet lollerstar has the gall to tell us we don't know anything about a business...

Note to self.
Never, EVER do a joint venture with him.

It just tells me that they should stop setting and having high sell expectations is all. Sleeping Dog, Tomb Raider, and Hitman all sold well and broke the million mark and yet, they're considered failures.

When they stop selling off their IP's, canceling titles, closing down multiple studios, asking for loans from banks, and companies are looking to buy them out. That's when you know that they're in financial trouble....Tripweed. But that's not the case with Capcom.

But here's the strange thing though.

You've been in here for over 3 or 4 years, praying to the God's for the return of the original DMC and trash talking Capcom and Ninja Theory etc, etc... But yet, you continue to play their games and wanting more from them.

But if they're in this so called financial troubles that you claim they're in and hoping that they go bankrupt. What's the point of complaining and wanting stuff from them such as DMC5 and Mega Man: Legends? If they go under, you won't get it.

That doesn't make any sense. But you never make any sense anyway beyond being so negative all the time.

1: The board doesn't even exist for 3 years.
Way to fail.

2: I don't believe in any gods.

3: I started boycotting Capcom before the game came out and the only game I ever bought from NT was Heavenly Sword, which I returned for a 10 Euro credit to getting Little Big Planet (Best thing I ever did when it comes to trading in a game). I see no reason to support either company, and at this point, I doubt I'll EVER buy a game from either of them again. I absolutely loved Capcom, but over the last few years I've come to despise them. I didn't even pick up Dragons Dogma, despite it looking interesting. Nor will I get the Ducktales remake, nor will I get the DMC HD Edition unless it's second hand. I refuse to pay them a single cent.

And with Capcom?
As it is, BETTER NOTHING THAN THIS CONTINUED BUTCHERY!
I've only been saying that for 2 years, but you apparently never read it. Despite me saying it to you every other post.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#319Malus_X6Posted 4/10/2013 12:36:57 PM
Strelok, there are gods. Even goddesses. You might not believe in them, but they're aware of everyone, even you.

I've met a few. Trust me, some can be real dickheads.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#320StrelokPosted 4/10/2013 12:49:37 PM
Pfeh, then let them show themselves.

Unless they're beings like Azathoth and Great Cthulhu. Although Great Cthulhu has that Weakess vs Boats...
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg