DmC2 more likely than DMC5...

#331Rising_shadowPosted 4/10/2013 8:46:28 PM
Outsourcing is done on the cheap. A prime example is Fallout: Vegas over Fallout 3.

More shatter ignorance. Obsidian was hired because Obsidian is composed of the Fallout creators, including Chris Avellone, whose writing is widely praised when it comes to western games. In case you don't know and of course you don't, he's the chap who wrote Planescape Torment, widely regarded to have one of the best video game stories ever created.

Obsidian wasn't hired because they were some cheapass studio, they were hired specifically to appeal to the Fallout fans who weren't taken in by FO3's more FPS than RPG take.
And obviously NV wasn't nearly as expensive to create. They already had a game engine and assets developed and the story was written based on materials Avellone had already written for Van Buren and the Fallout encyclopedia.

You seem to think development costs of a game depend on the studio alone. Except you know, costs are higher when starting development for a new engine that demands new resources and models to be made. DmC was made from scratch for the Unreal Engine which by itself must have taken at least a year since they didn't even have a completed design for Donte at that point.

So really, show us the money or go away, trollstar.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#332Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 9:32:10 PM
None of what anyone is saying is any indication of DMC5 happening over DmC2. Again look at trends within the GAMING INDUSTRY. All these comparisons to coke zero or whatever are horribly out of place and just illustrate desperation arguments. Again there is an established general trend in the industry to NOT revisit the old games after a reboot. And don't confuse reboot with spinoffs, or implementing different gameplay features along the way with new consoles and capabilities.

Again, Capcom will likely either give the series a second try since they're behind NT and DmC, or just bury the series and focus on established big money makers (Monster Hunter, RE, etc) as well as series that have promising futures (Dragons Dogma). That's just a simple fact based on observations and trends in the gaming industry, as well as Capcoms reaction.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#333SiLVeR_420Posted 4/10/2013 10:08:49 PM
Mixorz posted...
None of what anyone is saying is any indication of DMC5 happening over DmC2. Again look at trends within the GAMING INDUSTRY. All these comparisons to coke zero or whatever are horribly out of place and just illustrate desperation arguments. Again there is an established general trend in the industry to NOT revisit the old games after a reboot. And don't confuse reboot with spinoffs, or implementing different gameplay features along the way with new consoles and capabilities.

Again, Capcom will likely either give the series a second try since they're behind NT and DmC, or just bury the series and focus on established big money makers (Monster Hunter, RE, etc) as well as series that have promising futures (Dragons Dogma). That's just a simple fact based on observations and trends in the gaming industry, as well as Capcoms reaction.

Except the general trend is not to continue with failed reboots. The trend is leave the IP alone then eventually make a reboot that's close to the original games like Deus Ex H+.

Successful reboots continue. Failed one kill the game for a few years then a reboot. DmC2 has no chance

And about focusing on things that have a future what do you think operation crazy and all the hate for DmC showed Capcom? People want DMC.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#334AkanesasusoraPosted 4/10/2013 10:38:51 PM
All these comparisons to coke zero or whatever are horribly out of place and just illustrate desperation arguments. Again there is an established general trend in the industry to NOT revisit the old games after a reboot.

Just because you think the gaming industry acts unlike any other doesn't mean it's a fact. Gaming, like other industries, is run by companies looking to make a product. Do you actually think any company, regardless of industry, will continue with a drastically changed product that fails? Especially one with such lofty goals as DmC's? No, they either drop that or go back to what actually sold.

It's only an "established rule" because few reboots fail so utterly as to be among the lowest sold and least well-received in a franchise. This has happened many times before, and continuously saying these are "exceptions" to some stupid "rule" you think exists won't change that it would be in Capcom's best interest to make a DMC5 before a DmC2.

Aw who'm I kidding, you'll just quote me without actually responding to what I'm saying, continue spouting that stupid "those are exceptions/don't count!!!1!" thing you've been doing half the f****** topic.
---
http://images.4chan.org/vg/src/1365045761646.gif
#335StrelokPosted 4/10/2013 10:40:54 PM
@ Malus:
I am reminded of a book where Hell opens its gates to conquer Earth.
They get pushed back.

Then at the end, Satan finds out about our nuclear arsenal and declares "They were toying with us".
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#336darkness1018Posted 4/10/2013 11:49:01 PM
DmC got good reviews, its just the fans who refused to except change. Im lucky in that i enjoy DMC and DmC and would be happy with BOTH continuing in the future. But the game wasnt a critical failer so that may make Capcom take another look at DmC and try and make DmC2 so it it not only reviews well but also sells well. If the fanbase was more open minded the game couldve done so much better. Me, ive done my part by buying the game twice new (gave one to a friend) and buying all the DLC avail.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita)
#337StrelokPosted 4/11/2013 12:07:34 AM
Translation:
"Four legs gooooood. Two legs beeeeeeetter"
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#338AkanesasusoraPosted 4/11/2013 12:11:49 AM
its just the fans who refused to except change.

Why do people keep saying this? No, the fans don't hate change. They hate bad change.
DMC2->DMC3 was probably the biggest change in the series, and DMC3 is arguably the most loved DMC game. Why's that? Because DMC3 changed many of DMC2's bad features for the better and introduced several good features.
As it is, DmC is almost a complete downgrade from DMC3 and 4 that brings very little new to the table, besides an excessive amount of "platforming".
---
http://i.imgur.com/qQLJe62.jpg
#339SiLVeR_420Posted 4/11/2013 12:26:12 AM
darkness1018 posted...
DmC got good reviews, its just the fans who refused to except change. Im lucky in that i enjoy DMC and DmC and would be happy with BOTH continuing in the future. But the game wasnt a critical failer so that may make Capcom take another look at DmC and try and make DmC2 so it it not only reviews well but also sells well. If the fanbase was more open minded the game couldve done so much better. Me, ive done my part by buying the game twice new (gave one to a friend) and buying all the DLC avail.

Yeah it was.

It won't. It has more of a chance to sell worse.

Also as for fans not accepting change Bonnie MacFarlane said it best.

"Change is only welcomed when it makes things better"
DMC1-DMC3 is good change.
DmC made a lot if things worse.

Also lrn2grammar.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#340akira_hisyamPosted 4/11/2013 1:54:32 AM
darkness1018 posted...

we dont hate change we hate bad change.
---
i wont let the last heaven honor die with it champion-war