DmC2 more likely than DMC5...

#361AkanesasusoraPosted 4/15/2013 6:24:38 AM
It's all common sense. You outsource because its cheaper. No one says, "Hai guys lets hire a company to do something were able to do, but lets pay them more than what it would cost us to just develop it." Yup makes sense, do you guys think about what you write? I know you blindly hate DmC but don't let it affect common sense.

Far as I'm aware, most devs outsource games so that they can still have games worked on while their own teams are busy making other games.
That's not even taking into consideration the fact that Capcom said they wanted to revolutionize their IPs by handing them off to western companies, or whatever it was they said.

And there's no way in hell DmC was cheap to make, what with being in development for over three years, and using Avatar's mocap studio. Unless you seriously want to say that studio is cheap?

So stop this crappy propaganda. You are making fool of yourself.

Also, this. This is just sad at this point.
---
http://i.imgur.com/6gwx6Rm.jpg
#362KyryloPosted 4/15/2013 6:31:28 AM
Akanesasusora posted...
It's all common sense. You outsource because its cheaper. No one says, "Hai guys lets hire a company to do something were able to do, but lets pay them more than what it would cost us to just develop it." Yup makes sense, do you guys think about what you write? I know you blindly hate DmC but don't let it affect common sense.

Far as I'm aware, most devs outsource games so that they can still have games worked on while their own teams are busy making other games.
That's not even taking into consideration the fact that Capcom said they wanted to revolutionize their IPs by handing them off to western companies, or whatever it was they said.

And there's no way in hell DmC was cheap to make, what with being in development for over three years, and using Avatar's mocap studio. Unless you seriously want to say that studio is cheap?

oh, yeah, Avatar studio's totally cheap. I can buy it with my lunch money. Think I gonna do it, to show how cheap it is :P
Seriously Mixorz, your babbling turned into circus. Now please leave before somebody puts that awesome red nose on your face.
#363OracleGunnerPosted 4/15/2013 6:59:20 AM
Still no legit reason why DmC2 is more likely than DMC5.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
PM me if you get from where is my sig. People who got it:1
#364produnerPosted 4/15/2013 10:43:32 AM
Mixorz posted...

DmC wasn't completely outsourced, and capcom handled most of the gameplay. The game had a large budget so that NT would advertise it and make it mainstream as possible. Instead of that, tam tam spent a whole year redesigning donte then made a cheap game, while pissing off 80% of guaranteed customers.

DmC had a large budget, but the game was cheap because most of that went to advertising. More importantly, outsourcing is most likely practiced to give work to professionals for maximum efficiency and less costs that are related to cheap labor that is specific to certain countries/states. NT is a UK based studio which means more taxes, demanding staff and it isn't the holy grail of programming and video games.

There, outsourcing DMC wasn't in fact outsourcing, and capcom didn't completely resort to cutting costs, but had a large budget on a project for westernization, advertising and making the game mainstream.

Not taking mixorz' bait, but i'll leave this for a "certain" group of "serious" people.
#365KyryloPosted 4/15/2013 10:58:22 AM
produner posted...
Mixorz posted...

DmC wasn't completely outsourced, and capcom handled most of the gameplay. The game had a large budget so that NT would advertise it and make it mainstream as possible. Instead of that, tam tam spent a whole year redesigning donte then made a cheap game, while pissing off 80% of guaranteed customers.

DmC had a large budget, but the game was cheap because most of that went to advertising. More importantly, outsourcing is most likely practiced to give work to professionals for maximum efficiency and less costs that are related to cheap labor that is specific to certain countries/states. NT is a UK based studio which means more taxes, demanding staff and it isn't the holy grail of programming and video games.

There, outsourcing DMC wasn't in fact outsourcing, and capcom didn't completely resort to cutting costs, but had a large budget on a project for westernization, advertising and making the game mainstream.

Not taking mixorz' bait, but i'll leave this for a "certain" group of "serious" people.

and let's not forget about those monthly lessons for poor NT who can't program themselves.
#366produnerPosted 4/15/2013 11:39:45 AM
Kyrylo posted...
produner posted...
Mixorz posted...

and let's not forget about those monthly lessons for poor NT who can't program themselves.

I don't know how can someone screw up the framework; losing items permanently after saving and freezing.... and all of that in a small-cheap 7 hours HnS game.
#367OracleGunnerPosted 4/15/2013 11:41:18 AM
produner posted...
Kyrylo posted...
produner posted...
Mixorz posted...

I don't know how can someone screw up the framework; losing items permanently after saving and freezing.... and all of that in a small-cheap 7 hours HnS game.

Less if you take out the cutscenes.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
PM me if you get from where is my sig. People who got it:1
#368produnerPosted 4/15/2013 11:45:06 AM
OracleGunner posted...

Less if you take out the cutscenes.

Cutscenes? 35% of the game is platforming, 35% walking empty corridors, 20% cutscenes and zooming into donte's face ( hiding loading time) and 10% fighting.
#369ShengaliPosted 4/15/2013 12:46:56 PM
Kyrylo posted...

Non-functional elbow blades are FANTASTIC!! Especially when the grunt doesn't ever use them, cuz he attacks with his feet instead - what a brilliant designer!

/sarcasm
#370Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 1:04:09 PM(edited)
The purpose of outsourcing is to cut costs. It's a known fact and common sense. Nobody hires a small company for a side job, and then pays them more than they would pay their own staff to do it. That whole idea is stupid and I simply cannot believe you guys think they brought in NT and paid them more than it would've cost Capcom to make. You guys got serious denial issues.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz