DmC2 more likely than DMC5...

#61PunkMcThrustPosted 4/5/2013 2:50:48 PM
Mixorz posted...

DMC as a series sold about 10 million. That's less than some Monster Hunter games. Capcom does not consider DMC a cash cow, and its really always been more of a fan service since they could just have been putting more money into games like SF, Resident Evil, and Monster Hunter (success in Japan). With DmC they probably attempted to make that leap, but were not able to.

I don't think they'll give up though because if they succeed they'll have created another staple franchise. If they go back to DMC it will simply be continuation of a stagnant series appealing to a niche fanbase. It will be more likely they just put DmC on the shelf than make DMC5, and funnel resources into their cash cows.

Selling over 1million (even 2million) every single entry is FAR from being stagnant or unpopular. DMC is their 5th biggest franchise, Capcom has been making games since 1983 and is one of the most famous, important, and prolific developers/publishers in the industry.

DMC was far from a small series.
---
Armstrong for President
#62RetsuxDPosted 4/5/2013 2:51:10 PM
RetsuxD posted...
Okay guys, I've got this, it's 100% foolproof, here's my plan:

See the poster's username:
Is it that of a known baiter?
Yes -> Ignore it, report it if it breaks any ToU and move on.
No -> Do whatever.

For god's sake do I have to put it all in fancy bold?
#63Yuber255Posted 4/5/2013 2:52:34 PM
Mixorz posted...
Rising_shadow posted...
Don't bother talking with this troll. He's just baiting the board again since the mods are apparently blind, deaf and dumb to the fact he's blatantly trolling, flame baiting and even harassing a user by calling him fat and out of shape, even insulting him on several different topics.

Really when did I say that in this topic? Oh I didn't.

And tbh I did it once (simply to call out a blatant lie he told on another board) and he kept bringing it up (as well as other users continue to bring it up). I'm content letting it go, but I think posters here (yourself included) just want to watch a flame war rather than have an intelligent discussion.

lol that's why I'm here.
This topic is a powder keg ready to blow and I can't wait for the fireworks baby! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
---
Son of the Legendary Troll Knight Shatter
#64ShengaliPosted 4/5/2013 2:59:25 PM
Ugh... I shouldn't waste such time, but I'm bored and I can't help it. First, a few things:

> DMC dead
No, it isn't. Interview from Capcom state that they think DMC is "better with every iteration", "is still doing really well", and "still quite viable". The reboot was a challenge.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/13/capcom-we-didnt-want-devil-may-cry-to-fizzle-out-before-rebooting-it/

DMC4 was also the highest selling in the series.

DMC characters are so popular that when they made UMvC3 they decided to add in two more.

Classic Dante is a character in the upcoming Project X Zone - showing he's still used and usable; whereas Dino was only thrown into PS All-Stars for the same reason as Raiden: to promote their upcoming game, and hasn't been in anything else.

> Future game
At least you acknowledge one should be coming. Different interview: Capcom wants more DMC by 2015

http://www.gamespot.com/news/capcom-aims-for-more-devil-may-cry-in-2015-6378261

- which one was dependant upon the sales of DmC. I'd say the results skew this in favor of DMC.

I can understand and say it even makes sense why you'd think they'd pick DmC - and going by "Capcom logic" it does seem to fit. They've spent money and time on the resources and the world. However, everywhere else says no. DmC sold poorly, worst in the franchise actually. To invest more would be financial suicide. Besides, it isn't like they don't have the resources still around from DMC4.

Besides, given how much the rumors are that the fans are to blame "just because we wanted DMC5" doesn't it make sense to make DMC5 and rake in the cash? It's been proven time and again, it's basically the "New Coke" effect. So many people wanted DMC5 and were denied. They're apparently the "reason DmC failed", and I can see them coming out in droves to support the game they DID want.

Hampering factors: previous director would probably rather work on Dragon's Dogma more. Could have burned too many bridges for it to matter. DMC5 could be way worse. All these are valid, and it's probably part of the reason they're being so quite on things. Honestly, given their backwards logic I wouldn't be surprised by a DmC2 announcement - but I'd also expect to hear they're closing soon afterwards. More than likely they'll just remain silent on it while they "decide the future direction the franchise should go", which basically means they'll bury it next to Mega Man and Onimusha.

R.I.P. DMC. We'll miss you, terribly so.

I'm sure there's more, but it's Friday and I can't think much anymore.
#65RetsuxDPosted 4/5/2013 3:00:20 PM
PxZ was released last year, actually.
#66Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 3:09:16 PM
Shengali posted...
Ugh... I shouldn't waste such time, but I'm bored and I can't help it. First, a few things:

> DMC dead
No, it isn't. Interview from Capcom state that they think DMC is "better with every iteration", "is still doing really well", and "still quite viable". The reboot was a challenge.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/13/capcom-we-didnt-want-devil-may-cry-to-fizzle-out-before-rebooting-it/

DMC4 was also the highest selling in the series.

DMC characters are so popular that when they made UMvC3 they decided to add in two more.

Classic Dante is a character in the upcoming Project X Zone - showing he's still used and usable; whereas Dino was only thrown into PS All-Stars for the same reason as Raiden: to promote their upcoming game, and hasn't been in anything else.

> Future game
At least you acknowledge one should be coming. Different interview: Capcom wants more DMC by 2015

http://www.gamespot.com/news/capcom-aims-for-more-devil-may-cry-in-2015-6378261

- which one was dependant upon the sales of DmC. I'd say the results skew this in favor of DMC.

I can understand and say it even makes sense why you'd think they'd pick DmC - and going by "Capcom logic" it does seem to fit. They've spent money and time on the resources and the world. However, everywhere else says no. DmC sold poorly, worst in the franchise actually. To invest more would be financial suicide. Besides, it isn't like they don't have the resources still around from DMC4.

Besides, given how much the rumors are that the fans are to blame "just because we wanted DMC5" doesn't it make sense to make DMC5 and rake in the cash? It's been proven time and again, it's basically the "New Coke" effect. So many people wanted DMC5 and were denied. They're apparently the "reason DmC failed", and I can see them coming out in droves to support the game they DID want.

Hampering factors: previous director would probably rather work on Dragon's Dogma more. Could have burned too many bridges for it to matter. DMC5 could be way worse. All these are valid, and it's probably part of the reason they're being so quite on things. Honestly, given their backwards logic I wouldn't be surprised by a DmC2 announcement - but I'd also expect to hear they're closing soon afterwards. More than likely they'll just remain silent on it while they "decide the future direction the franchise should go", which basically means they'll bury it next to Mega Man and Onimusha.

R.I.P. DMC. We'll miss you, terribly so.

I'm sure there's more, but it's Friday and I can't think much anymore.

Hardly think DMC5 will rake in the cash as you say. Most fans of the series seem to have bought this game anyway. It's a gamble, but it doesn't look like Capcom is giving up on DmC just yet, but many business decisions are a gamble. Why keep making DMC and sell like 1 million per game, when you can try to make this series a huge hit by appealing to as big an audience you can. And if it doesn't pay off just funnel the resources that would go to DMC into something that yields huge profit.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#67Rising_shadowPosted 4/5/2013 3:11:21 PM
And tbh I did it once (simply to call out a blatant lie he told on another board) and he kept bringing it up

Once? You hounded him in several topics constantly insulting him and calling him fat. Really, just go away, troll.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#68SirenaLoreleyPosted 4/5/2013 3:30:26 PM
Mixorz posted...

Hardly think DMC5 will rake in the cash as you say. Most fans of the series seem to have bought this game anyway. It's a gamble, but it doesn't look like Capcom is giving up on DmC just yet, but many business decisions are a gamble. Why keep making DMC and sell like 1 million per game, when you can try to make this series a huge hit by appealing to as big an audience you can. And if it doesn't pay off just funnel the resources that would go to DMC into something that yields huge profit.

...they already tried this... with DmC...
...and you really think most fans of DMC bought this? well, 670.000 copies sold until now doesn't seem much compared to 4 million copies sold by DMC4... obviously the 'big audience' ignored this game, and after all the bad PR and the glitchy as hell actual gameplay they did the right thing.

Dunno if the next game will be a DmC2 (I doubt it) or a DMC5... but, knowing Capcom, is more easy to think they will drop the franchise for good...
---
**I will choose a path that's clear... I will choose Free Will**
#69StrelokPosted 4/5/2013 3:40:29 PM
Not to mention that this "blatant lie" was completely exaggerated by you and you outright twisted words and context, everyone who looked at the topics you linked could see that.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#705hadowsPosted 4/5/2013 3:41:49 PM
I`ve been gone for a while and things escalated so much. We need some tranquility in here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agR5aaQL2PY
---
Ill add something here later....