If Capcom wanted a reboot

#11KyryloPosted 4/6/2013 12:13:33 AM
Mixorz posted...
docman864 posted...
why didn't they simply do it themselves just like Crystal Dynamics?

Outsourcing to save money. It was cheaper for a small dev team (NT in this case) than for Capcom themselves to do it. DMC was always a niche franchise. They would never do this with Street Fighter or any of their big essential franchises.

but since it was very untalented and incapable studio they have to feed those so called "developers" for 3+ year, cause poor guys couldn'T do elementar programming themselves, that aside from good writing. As for "not doing it with cash franchises" ....ORC anybody? And finally outsourcing cash franchise = win. Outsourcing niche = dead. If you don't know it you can't add 1+1.
#12Ink-RibbonPosted 4/6/2013 4:28:55 PM
HecateX posted...
Mixorz posted...
docman864 posted...
why didn't they simply do it themselves just like Crystal Dynamics?

Outsourcing to save money. It was cheaper for a small dev team (NT in this case) than for Capcom themselves to do it. DMC was always a niche franchise. They would never do this with Street Fighter or any of their big essential franchises.

And yet they expend a lot of money on the Avatar motion capture technology.
Also, both Street Fighter 4 and Marvel vs Capcom 3 where made by outsourced studios, Dimps and 8ting respectively

But that was NT's money, not Capcom's.

Capcom paid NT to produce a game. However, NT is the one that had to show the big dollars to produce it...Not hard to notice I guess...
#13syctheweilderPosted 4/6/2013 4:32:14 PM
Where on God's green earth is a tiny no-name studio in cambridge who've never made a profit on any of thier four(!) games who needed a bailout from sony just five years ago going to get the money to pay for the most expensive motion capture technology currently available?
#14torey_caylorPosted 4/6/2013 4:52:49 PM(edited)
I wish they gave DmC to Platinum. God knows with what sort of craziness they'd come up with. I'm sure the game would be amazing.

Platinum has tons of projects though, so i doubt they'd find the time and resources even if Capcom approached them. Maybe if they ditched that crappy MMO beat em up they've been working on.
#15SiLVeR_420Posted 4/6/2013 5:06:21 PM
torey_caylor posted...
I wish they gave DmC to Platinum. God knows with what sort of craziness they'd come up with. I'm sure the game would be amazing.

Platinum has tons of projects though, so i doubt they'd find the time and resources even if Capcom approached them. Maybe if they ditched that crappy MMO beat em up they've been working on.

DMC2...the real DMC2.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#16KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 4/6/2013 6:51:50 PM
torey_caylor posted...

With all the bad blood between Capcom and the Platinum gang, it unfortunately would never happen. P* seems like they're all for it, but Capcom would never hand work to a studio that walked away from them and came out greater for it.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]