So since DmC2 isn't ever happening

#41darkslayer001Posted 4/6/2013 7:09:21 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
What's next for this series?

0/10

What's next is either DmC 2 or DMC 5, for obvious reasons. ;)

By the way, talking about reasons, I wonder what happened to your topic about legit reasons to dislke the game...You know, the one that only I took it seriously, unlike most of your friends...XD

i like your optimism regrading that franchise is still alive. But DmC failed financially, i take it your using capcom logic, in that case both are a possibility.
#42NostalgiaRulesPosted 4/6/2013 10:30:27 PM
nukeboy777 posted...
GoombaX posted...
Lol man this board is full of pathetic kids who just cant get over dante's new look. You are a sad group of gamers. I pity each and every one of you.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Staying on topic however, most likely DMC is as dead as Onimusha and Viewtiful Joe. Which in my opinion kind of sucks, I wouldn't mind a true sequel to DMC 2 with the angel and demon whip from DmC.

Actually, the people who reported the glitches, the lack of lock-on, the lack of taunt and other things.......those were people who bought and/or played DmC from beginning to end. So...
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#43nukeboy777Posted 4/6/2013 10:40:37 PM
NostalgiaRules posted...
nukeboy777 posted...
GoombaX posted...
Lol man this board is full of pathetic kids who just cant get over dante's new look. You are a sad group of gamers. I pity each and every one of you.

Staying on topic however, most likely DMC is as dead as Onimusha and Viewtiful Joe. Which in my opinion kind of sucks, I wouldn't mind a true sequel to DMC 2 with the angel and demon whip from DmC.

Actually, the people who reported the glitches, the lack of lock-on, the lack of taunt and other things.......those were people who bought and/or played DmC from beginning to end. So...

I think when 'fans' bring up glitches, there are just desperately looking for something to complain about. Sure, there are glitches, in fact the carnival boss on my 2nd play through just stood still and never attack me. But what game doesn't have glitches? Just earlier I was playing Infinite and i needed to have a lock picked but Elizabeth got stuck in a wall. All I had to do was walk outside and come back, boom glitch solved. If you encounter a glitch on DmC die on purpose or restart from a checkpoint.

Honestly a lot of people here make it seem like the game is just one big unplayable mess. Sure, you may not like it because you feel it doesn't compare to previous DMC games, but DmC on its own is a fine game.
#44NostalgiaRulesPosted 4/6/2013 10:55:18 PM
nukeboy777 posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...
nukeboy777 posted...
GoombaX posted...

I think when 'fans' bring up glitches, there are just desperately looking for something to complain about. Sure, there are glitches, in fact the carnival boss on my 2nd play through just stood still and never attack me. But what game doesn't have glitches? Just earlier I was playing Infinite and i needed to have a lock picked but Elizabeth got stuck in a wall. All I had to do was walk outside and come back, boom glitch solved. If you encounter a glitch on DmC die on purpose or restart from a checkpoint.

Honestly a lot of people here make it seem like the game is just one big unplayable mess. Sure, you may not like it because you feel it doesn't compare to previous DMC games, but DmC on its own is a fine game.

These aren't antis that reported these glitches, no lock-on, no taunt and other things. The people who reported these things are pros and people that were genuinely hyped for this game. I actually made a multiple choice thread a while ago and made three options. The title was even called "For the people that bought and played DmC..." So, that pretty much leaves most antis out. Anyway, the options were as follows:

A. Loved the game
B. It was average
C. Didn't like it at all.

There were a couple of A's, but the majority was B's and a few C's. Most people (this was people who bought and played the game fully, not outsiders who only watched gameplay videos on Youtube and listened to outside opinions) thought DmC was simply average. Actually, many people were rather disappointed and underwhelmed with DmCs performance.

I know that as a DMC fan, I have to be careful with how I word things, since I'm in DmC territory. So if you ever see me post things like "DMC has glitches, lack of lock-on and no taunt," that's not my opinion. Those were reports by people who bought and played DmC. And the people who paid their good money for this game...surely what they have to say matters. Plus, their opinion must mean the most since they're the ones who've had first hand experience with DmC.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#45No_one_specialPosted 4/6/2013 11:14:31 PM
GoombaX posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
GoombaX posted...
Yea the franchise is prolly dead now. O well. 1 and 3 were really good.
We got better hack n slash franchises out now.

So was 4

no it wasnt. DmC played better than 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUDP5WT1eSs

Your statement is objectively WRONG.
---
http://tinyurl.com/d76kaod
http://i.imgur.com/qQLJe62.jpg
#46darkness1018Posted 4/7/2013 12:52:31 AM
We dont really know whats gonna happen with the series. While i like both DMC and DmC i would like to see where the story would go in DmC 2 as i was kinda into the DmC story and would like to see Dante and Virgil fight in that universe.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita)
#47NessaJ_TuNPosted 4/13/2013 11:27:27 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
GoombaX posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
GoombaX posted...
Yea the franchise is prolly dead now. O well. 1 and 3 were really good.
We got better hack n slash franchises out now.

So was 4

no it wasnt. DmC played better than 4

That's a bold faced lie

Yes someone disagree with your opinion liking DmC better than 4 and still complimenting DMC and DMC3(Which clearly superior game) means they are lying?/smh.

Fyi I am one of the few guys that like DmC a little better than 4, because 4 is downright lazy development yep nearly 50% of the chapter are rehash, I can't believe someone from here defending that crap. Gameplay is good an improvement from DMC3, but didn't backed up by unique and fun weapons from DMC3, I mean seriously Lucifer and Gilgamesh are crap weapon compare to A&R, Cerberus, Nevan and Beowulf and DMC3 offer more styles too, the level design in DMC4 is lazy as f*** and the story also pretty much laughable. Nero is annoying as hell and they butchered the cool silent taunting Dante character in DMC3 to cocky guy that talked too much.

Honestly now I think about it, there is nothing good about DMC4 except the gameplay. Its one of my most disappointed game this gen, While DmC has laughable dialogue in some parts, there are also a good moment(Spoiler: the scene when Donte is trying to save Kat from getting trapped) and DMC4 has no single memorable moment that I know, but DMC3 is pretty much the best story and have lots of memorable moment compare to two, also the best gameplay from weapons stand point, but ofcourse before you bashed me, this all my "opinion".

Now talking about DmC combat compare to DMC combat, its all matter of preference, but I am not compare both, because they have different style DmC is western hack and slash, DMC is japanese hack and slash. DmC emphasize on hard hitting combat like Darksiders, GoW, Castlevana LoS did and imo its the best HnS combat coming from western, it plays like DMC mixed with Heavenly sword which is unique and what I expected, now DMC is emphasize more stylish combat like Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden. Personally I love both "style" for what it is.

Now what I have a problem with, you pros talked like your preference = fact, just grow up the hell up and learn to respect other's opinion that liking this game. The funny thing is you brought up DMC4 like the best DMC, while I think DMC4 is one of the worse DMC from development stand point. Atleast DmC doesn't rehash the same s*** in first half to second half, which what DMC4 did because Capcom is lazy as f***.

I paid 60 bucks for a full game and half of it is replaying the same level with different character, so its like a DLC character put into the game and calling it "yep the game is done, thats your second half". Its very lazy and unacceptable, one of the reason why critics bashed it so much. Just because the combat is a little bit improvement over DMC3(Switch style on real time), you shouldn't defended this obvious lazy development and personally I rather have DmC2 than DMC5 if they still keeping this lazy ass tradition for their DMC series, but if its more like DMC3, I guess I'm all in for DMC5, considering DMC3 is still my most favorite hack and slash of all time.
#48DuuuDe14Posted 4/13/2013 11:34:02 AM
Whole lot of trolls in here. Someone nuke the topic.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#49FireMage7777(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2013 1:27:51 PM
NessaJ_TuN posted...
Wall of text

It is a lie as DMC4 is better than DmC. This is a fact

The chapter rehash is massively exaggerated. You play 6 rehashed chapters as Dante. 6/20=30% Oh and DMC1&3 also rehashed the same amount. Lucifer and Nero are awesome.

Everything about DMC4 is awesome, including the story

Combat is objectively inferior

I don't respect peopl trying to pass off their taste as fact, especially when it contradicts fact

DmC is even lazier. With DMC4 that had to unexpectedly cut corners and still put out a polished game. DmC had years, multiple pushbacks in release dates, and was glitchy as all f***
---
The amount of people that don't get Bioshock Infinite's story is too big
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#50OracleGunnerPosted 4/13/2013 1:38:39 PM
DuuuDe14 posted...
Whole lot of trolls in here. Someone nuke the topic.

*Brings Buster Machine 3*
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
PM me if you get from where is my sig. People who got it:1