No one thinks Devil May Cry 2 is better than DmC, right?

#1ZoraPrincessPosted 4/6/2013 12:59:29 PM
I know they might not be happy with the new direction, but nobody can actually believe that, can they?
---
I hate farting
#2RetsuxDPosted 4/6/2013 1:02:33 PM
It has better soundtrack and character design.
#3RichterB17Posted 4/6/2013 1:03:13 PM(edited)
I kinda do. I can't finish either of them, but at least DMC2 has a Dante I kinda like, 60fps, and controls that don't cramp up my hands, and a story that doesn't piss me off.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#4produnerPosted 4/6/2013 1:03:45 PM
Huskies are quite the handful.
#5ZoraPrincess(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 1:07:04 PM
RetsuxD posted...

Worse combat, worse story, worse graphics, worse controls, worse gameplay...

DMC2 was like a budget game.
---
I hate farting
#6produnerPosted 4/6/2013 1:09:31 PM
ZoraPrincess posted...
RetsuxD posted...

You seem to have an extreme case of denial and anger, letting your emotions out won't help until you accept facts.
#7KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 4/6/2013 1:10:18 PM
ZoraPrincess posted...
RetsuxD posted...

Graphics are due to an worse tech. Of course the graphics on a PS2 game will be worse. Worse story is highly debatable. Combat, controls, and gameplay are all basically the same thing, and again it's debatable. Both games have some awful gameplay features, it's just up to the individual to decide which games are worse.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#8RetsuxDPosted 4/6/2013 1:15:23 PM(edited)
ZoraPrincess posted...
RetsuxD posted...

DMC2 was made for the exact same reason as DmC and had pretty much the same core story, except one was edgier.

Worse controls? The same as every other DMC game but with a different use for the circle button.

And stop arguing "worse graphics", just stop it, graphics are the lowest factor that comes into play when rating a game, framerate is the important part.

As for combat and gameplay, it was fine, but it seems they didn't bother to implement it to suit the rest of the game, what with overpowered guns and no safety with close quarter combat.
#9RichterB17Posted 4/6/2013 1:12:50 PM
ZoraPrincess posted...
RetsuxD posted...

"Worse combat" That's subjective I think it was fine for the time.

"worse story" That's also subjective, They are both boring, they are both bland, but at least DMC2 doesn't try so hard to be some edgy social commentary that is actually a rip off of They Live.

"worse graphics" Are you really comparing a PS2 game to a 2013 current gen game. That's just dumb.

"Worse controls" DmC cramps the hell out of my hands, I've never experienced anything like that with any DMC game. Also two dodge buttons.

"worse gameplay" Isn't that the same as saying worse combat?
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#10StrelokPosted 4/6/2013 1:14:25 PM
What Kame and Richter said.

For me, DMC2 at least brought new things to the entire GENRE, unlike DmC which was just disastrous in every way.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg