No one thinks Devil May Cry 2 is better than DmC, right?

#21AkanesasusoraPosted 4/6/2013 3:14:09 PM
ZoraPrincess posted...
Worse combat, worse story, worse graphics, worse controls, worse gameplay...

DMC2 was like a budget game.

DMC2 didn't have an unnecessary dodge button, and didn't force you to hold down either of two shoulder buttons simply to access 80% of your moveset.
...Granted, it didn't have very many moves anyway, but the point still stands.

And DMC2's story may be worse, but at least there's much, much less of it than DmC's story.
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m02x87FEgu1qbftofo2_1280.png
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m02x87FEgu1qbftofo1_r1_1280.png
#22RD_21Posted 4/6/2013 3:45:27 PM(edited)
Strelok posted...
RD_21 posted...
UbberDevil posted...
ZoraPrincess posted...
RetsuxD posted...
It has better soundtrack and character design.

Worse combat, worse story, worse graphics, worse controls, worse gameplay...

DMC2 was like a budget game.

And yet DMC2 wasn't full of glitches like this game.

And yet I had no glitches in 50 hours of DmC so far.

And yet, I had:
Enemies going passive on me
Teleporting in a wall, needed to reset game
D-SSS in one attack (Unless this was INTENTIONAL, which is even more dumb)
Camera going apes***.
Enemies not spawning (Battlemusic still goes, can't leave area, no enemies on screen, likely spawned inside a building/out of map boundries)

And this was the DEMO...

You said it, it was the demo and they may still be present in the final game for some, but in 5 playthroughs I've had none of these.

I've never had enemies going passive on me, unless you are talking about off screen enemies going passive and that's normal as it's a design choice to avoid frustration just like in GoW from being hit by enemies you couldn't see, but they never go passive when I think about it because they re still coming back and once they are in the camera they will attack again, so you may had a glitch I didn't encountered.
#23Rising_shadowPosted 4/6/2013 3:42:22 PM
And yet most of those are in the final version, along with other great top hits such as bosses humping the air and infinite gliding.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#24StrelokPosted 4/6/2013 3:45:11 PM
NOTHING from the demo was fixed in the final game.
Tameem outright said that there was nothing to fix.
The glitches are still present in the game too if youtube vids have anything to say about it.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#25RD_21Posted 4/6/2013 3:50:01 PM(edited)
Funny that most of you who've never played the game talk about the glitches from DmC like they are happening all the time based on a demo or YouTube videos made by others, yet people who've played the game for 50 hours on this board had none or almost none.

Not saying there's no bugs and glitches, but they are not that frequent I guess.
#26Rising_shadowPosted 4/6/2013 4:00:08 PM
Just because you've never stepped on dog turds doesn't mean there aren't turds on the streets and that others aren't stepping on them.
For the record, I've played the game and I found these glitches with ease without triggering them on purpose. And even without the glitches the gameplay is still questionable. Guns doing little to no damage, guns suspending enemies in mid air forever, yeah, they actually put that in from DMC2, with the added bonus of them doing garbage damage so that you'll never use them anyway. At least DMC2 guns did damage, even if they were overpowered.
---
#27RD_21Posted 4/6/2013 4:15:51 PM(edited)
Rising_shadow posted...
Just because you've never stepped on dog turds doesn't mean there aren't turds on the streets and that others aren't stepping on them.
For the record, I've played the game and I found these glitches with ease without triggering them on purpose. And even without the glitches the gameplay is still questionable. Guns doing little to no damage, guns suspending enemies in mid air forever, yeah, they actually put that in from DMC2, with the added bonus of them doing garbage damage so that you'll never use them anyway. At least DMC2 guns did damage, even if they were overpowered.

Look someone else who's either not reading the post or didn't understand it before replying.

Your analogy is bad because for me it would be more that there is never any dog turd on the streets I walk on.

But if we get back to my previous post and read it this time you would realize that I said that I wasn't questioning the glitches themselves, but the exaggerate frequency of them that you guys are claiming. If the game is SO glitchy they would be happening at LEAST once to me in 50 hours, AT LEAST once.

They exist and they are there just like in other games, but they are not frequent enough to give it the title of glitchy game you want to give it and it may have more glitches than previous DMC games, but it's not a glitchy game. Also most of the bugs are hardly game breaking.

As for the gameplay yeah I barely used my guns, just like every DMC.
#28RayconPosted 4/6/2013 4:18:49 PM
All it takes is not having a story as poorly written as DmC or a character as unlikeable as Donte to be better than DmC for me.

Granted, there's not much of anything in DMC2, but less of something terrible is better than more in this case.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#29Rising_shadowPosted 4/6/2013 4:24:56 PM
Your analogy is bad because for me it would be more that there is never any dog turd on the streets I walk on.

No, it means that you never stepped on a turd by accident. The turds are unquestionably there, to say otherwise is deliberately lying. The turds exist, this is a simple fact.

But if we get back to my previous post and read it this time you would realize that I said that I wasn't questioning the glitches themselves, but the exaggerate frequency of them that you guys are claiming. If the game is SO glitchy they would be happening at LEAST once to me in 50 hours, AT LEAST once.

Just because they're not occurring every three minutes doesn't mean it's fine for them to exist. Bosses humping the air? How can someone let this by? Was there any quality control even done?

They exist and they are there just like in other games, but they are not frequent enough to give it the title of glitchy game you want to give it and it may have more glitches than previous DMC games, but it's not a glitchy game. Also most of the bugs are hardly game breaking.

Just because other games are glitchy doesn't mean this game gets a free pass. And no, no other DMC game is half as glitchy as this one and any glitch in them is not half as easy to reproduce as in this. Very few games have glitches this ridiculous. Enemies and bosses suddenly stopping any motion? How many games have this?

That's your problem if you want to ignore half your arsenal. In previous DMC games guns were perfectly viable as offensive weapons, not mere style maintainers. In this game they're window dressing.
---
#30RD_21Posted 4/6/2013 4:35:40 PM
Rising_shadow posted...

No, it means that you never stepped on a turd by accident. The turds are unquestionably there, to say otherwise is deliberately lying. The turds exist, this is a simple fact.

Just because they're not occurring every three minutes doesn't mean it's fine for them to exist. Bosses humping the air? How can someone let this by? Was there any quality control even done?

Just because other games are glitchy doesn't mean this game gets a free pass. And no, no other DMC game is half as glitchy as this one and any glitch in them is not half as easy to reproduce as in this. Very few games have glitches this ridiculous. Enemies and bosses suddenly stopping any motion? How many games have this?

That's your problem if you want to ignore half your arsenal. In previous DMC games guns were perfectly viable as offensive weapons, not mere style maintainers. In this game they're window dressing.

Never said it was fine for them to exist, just that it's not the worst game ever created most of you want to pass it as.

I used the gun in this DmC more than any other DMC, not only for style, but to keep enemies at range or de-enrage some enemies, that's your problem if you don't see their utility just because they lack damage.

As for the analogy, I guess from your point of view it's a good one, I agree. What I meant is that I don't see any on my way and I don't try to avoid them, but both way work when I rethink about it.