No one thinks Devil May Cry 2 is better than DmC, right?

#31Gogito4Posted 4/6/2013 3:52:28 PM
ZoraPrincess posted...
RetsuxD posted...
It has better soundtrack and character design.

Worse combat, worse story, worse graphics, worse controls, worse gameplay...

DMC2 was like a budget game.

D.E.N.I.A.L.
---
Excited for: MHTri U, Fire Emblem Awakening, FFVSXIII (It will come out... eventually. Right?)
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.
#32Ether101Posted 4/6/2013 3:56:55 PM
RD_21 posted...
Funny that most of you who've never played the game talk about the glitches from DmC like they are happening all the time based on a demo or YouTube videos made by others, yet people who've played the game for 50 hours on this board had none or almost none.

Not saying there's no bugs and glitches, but they are not that frequent I guess.

Really, and what about the people that have played through the game and experienced them? Do they not count because that's exactly what your saying.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#33syctheweilderPosted 4/6/2013 4:36:27 PM
If you actually play the game, then all those videos of glitches in the full game magically vanish.
#34Ink-RibbonPosted 4/6/2013 4:37:30 PM
Strelok posted...
What Kame and Richter said.

For me, DMC2 at least brought new things to the entire GENRE, unlike DmC which was just disastrous in every way.

Which news things?

Most of the new stuff in DMC 2 was useless anyway...

Oh, and I love how some people say " at least is good, because rainstorm and some trickster moves were better used in DMC 3 and 4".

Well, that's no excuse. That's like saying I got a better hamburguer because you ate a bad hamburguer before me...So, the bad hamburguer didn't need to be made, just like DMC 2 didn't need to be made...;)
#35StrelokPosted 4/6/2013 4:43:45 PM
@RD:
Simple. Nothing from the demo has been fixed in the game. Youtube vids are all over the place. These glitches are common. It is that simple. Try moving your camera in a fight. Enjoy the slowdown in FPS to a slideshow.
Just because YOU PERSONALLY didn't encounter them doesn't mean they aren't there.

@ Ink:
It added things that were improved upon later. Yes in DMC2 it isn't that great, but the CONCEPT was there. This game brought absolutely nothing other than Heavenly Sword style controls, and HS is absolutely atrocious in each and every way.
Also, the DDT was awesome. Sad we didn't see more of that.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#36littlechanPosted 4/6/2013 4:49:22 PM
This is maybe a bit out of topic, but:

1. Are the antis exaggerating the frequency of glitch in order to stop people from buying
2. Or, are the pros hide the fact that this game glitch frequently (by saying like "I've never encountered a glitch in this game in my xx hour playing this game etc") to temp people into buying
3. Or, both?
4. Or that some of the copies are defect and thus, full of glitch and the pros and antis are honestly just reporting what they've experienced?
---
Darkness is Absence of Light
#37StrelokPosted 4/6/2013 4:51:10 PM
1: No. I don't care if people buy it or not. Their money.
2: No idea. The trolls here definitely do so though.
3: Eh
4: Not quite, some glitches ARE hard to replicate, but that still doesn't mean they aren't there.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#38darkslayer001Posted 4/6/2013 5:25:33 PM(edited)
objectively speaking DmC has better gameplay than DMC2. But boss battles, character designs, and soundtrack of DMC2 imo are better, But then again gameplay is priority.
BUT considering the standards of HnS gaming has changed so much since DMC2, and the amount of knowledge and resources of today, DmC is many steps backwards.
#39RD_21Posted 4/6/2013 5:22:43 PM(edited)
littlechan posted...
This is maybe a bit out of topic, but:

1. Are the antis exaggerating the frequency of glitch in order to stop people from buying
2. Or, are the pros hide the fact that this game glitch frequently (by saying like "I've never encountered a glitch in this game in my xx hour playing this game etc") to temp people into buying
3. Or, both?
4. Or that some of the copies are defect and thus, full of glitch and the pros and antis are honestly just reporting what they've experienced?

1. I don't know
2. I truly never encountered them and I don't count turning my camera and getting lower FPS as a glitch (by the way they never became unplayable for me either, but I am not over sensitive on FPS either, I notice changes, but most of the time I am too busy playing the game to bother about them and if they want to talk about slideshows, I played WoW at 5 FPS in 40 man raids).
3. Who knows
4. I doubt it, Skyrim was FULL of glitches, yet some people had near perfect experience but the boards were flooded by glitch report, which is clearly not the case here.
#40darkslayer001Posted 4/6/2013 5:23:16 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Strelok posted...
What Kame and Richter said.

For me, DMC2 at least brought new things to the entire GENRE, unlike DmC which was just disastrous in every way.

Which news things?

Most of the new stuff in DMC 2 was useless anyway...

Oh, and I love how some people say " at least is good, because rainstorm and some trickster moves were better used in DMC 3 and 4".

Well, that's no excuse. That's like saying I got a better hamburguer because you ate a bad hamburguer before me...So, the bad hamburguer didn't need to be made, just like DMC 2 didn't need to be made...;)

well DMC2 came out in a time where the standards of HnS were pretty minimal...
DMC 1 pretty much was the standard back then honestly. it did bring a lot of new stuff, but that fact that it was not fast action, and boring makes it a inferior game.