No one thinks Devil May Cry 2 is better than DmC, right?

#41RD_21Posted 4/6/2013 6:32:08 PM(edited)
darkslayer001 posted...
objectively speaking DmC has better gameplay than DMC, but boss battles, character designs and maybe the same, But then again gameplay is priority.
BUT considering the standards of HnS gaming has changed so much since DMC2, and the amount of knowledge and resources of today, DmC is many steps backwards.

But is it supposed to be a hack and slash still? The way I see it (not making excuses) is that they were going for something different, just like there are fans of Tomb Raider who are pissed because they changed what TR games where about to create a new experience, there's clearly a bigger emphasis on platforming in DmC for example.
#42darkslayer001Posted 4/6/2013 6:27:19 PM
littlechan posted...
This is maybe a bit out of topic, but:

1. Are the antis exaggerating the frequency of glitch in order to stop people from buying
2. Or, are the pros hide the fact that this game glitch frequently (by saying like "I've never encountered a glitch in this game in my xx hour playing this game etc") to temp people into buying
3. Or, both?
4. Or that some of the copies are defect and thus, full of glitch and the pros and antis are honestly just reporting what they've experienced?

i love the fact that some people think "pros" and "antis" around these boards have some power over the affect the sales of this game...lol
#43RD_21Posted 4/6/2013 6:30:29 PM(edited)
Strelok posted...
@RD:
Simple. Nothing from the demo has been fixed in the game. Youtube vids are all over the place. These glitches are common. It is that simple. Try moving your camera in a fight. Enjoy the slowdown in FPS to a slideshow.
Just because YOU PERSONALLY didn't encounter them doesn't mean they aren't there.

In all my posts in this topic I have ALWAYS said that I wasn't denying that the bug where there, but the exaggeration of their frequency.
#44darkslayer001Posted 4/6/2013 6:37:29 PM(edited)
RD_21 posted...
darkslayer001 posted...
objectively speaking DmC has better gameplay than DMC, but boss battles, character designs and maybe the same, But then again gameplay is priority.
BUT considering the standards of HnS gaming has changed so much since DMC2, and the amount of knowledge and resources of today, DmC is many steps backwards.

But is it supposed to be an hack and slash still. The way I see it (not making excuses) is that they were going for something different, just like there are fans of Tomb Raider who are pissed because they changed what TR games where about to create a new experience, there's clearly a bigger emphasis on platforming in DmC for example.

Actually the intentions of NT and Capcom are crystal clear. They catered to the casuals or the "majority" of gaming community (aka COD players according to devs) by dumping down the gameplay and by making it highly rewarding for just pulling of moves that required no skill. They know that this "casualness" will suite well for the people who dont play HnS and i completely agree with them (too bad people dont care about HnS other than HnS player)

Also they TRIED to make it more cinematic by including a lot of dialogues and character interactions, not realizing that DMC already was a cinematic action game, with the action part being missing in DmC. They did not change it for the better, the gameplay is just flat out inferior to DMC4 gameplay which came out 5yrs ago.
The new Tomb Raider did sacrifice the gun fight mechanics of the game for a better narrative and it worked.
And personally i don't consider "platforming" in DmC to be platforming. Its not even time based reflex related which is platforming, DmC is kinda like QTE type platforming. (press button move to other platform)
DmC sacrificed a lot of what DMC is but what it sacrificed for actually didnt work out for the genre, well at least imo.
#45RD_21Posted 4/6/2013 6:44:52 PM
darkslayer001 posted...
RD_21 posted...
darkslayer001 posted...

But is it supposed to be an hack and slash still. The way I see it (not making excuses) is that they were going for something different, just like there are fans of Tomb Raider who are pissed because they changed what TR games where about to create a new experience, there's clearly a bigger emphasis on platforming in DmC for example.

Actually the intentions of NT and Capcom are crystal clear. They catered to the casuals or the "majority" of gaming community (aka COD players according to devs) by dumping down the gameplay and by making it highly rewarding for just pulling of moves that required no skill. They know that this "casualness" will suite well for the people who dont play HnS and i completely agree with them (too bad people dont care about HnS other than HnS player)

Also they TRIED to make it more cinematic by including a lot of dialogues and character interactions, not realizing that DMC already was a cinematic action game, with the action part being missing in DmC. They did not change it for the better, the gameplay is just flat out inferior to DMC4 gameplay which came out 5yrs ago.
The new Tomb Raider did sacrifice the gun fight mechanics of the game for a better narrative and it worked.
And personally i don't consider "platforming" in DmC to be platforming. Its not even time based reflex related which is platforming, DmC is kinda like QTE type platforming. (press button move to other platform)
DmC sacrificed a lot of what DMC is but what it sacrificed for actually didnt work out for the genre, well at least imo.

Personally I think it makes for a good product overall even if it's not what connoisseur wants out of a hack and slash game, but as a game I think it's good, but we may just agree to disagree here, to each his own.
#46darkslayer001Posted 4/6/2013 6:53:22 PM
RD_21 posted...
darkslayer001 posted...
RD_21 posted...
darkslayer001 posted...

Personally I think it makes for a good product overall even if it's not what connoisseur wants out of a hack and slash game, but as a game I think it's good, but we may just agree to disagree here, to each his own.

i am completely aite with video games being made for fun, afterall games are made to be enjoyed and to have fun. For me i have tons of fun playing DMC than DmC, so no harm done, except for part where DmC jeopardized the franchise but hey what can we do other than to vote with our wallets, which many has already done.
a game can be "fun" for a couple of hrs, but for 60$ and at the cost of a franchise that many has attached to, we cannot turn a blind eye to NT and Capcom's practices.
#47SpecterVonBarenPosted 4/6/2013 8:32:30 PM
DMC2 had much better boss designs.
---
George Carlin~ Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.
My Father~ Failure is ALWAYS an option... but giving up is not.
#48zhaoyun99Posted 4/6/2013 9:43:33 PM
DMC2 tried something new but failed (but was MAJORLY improved thanks to DMC3). However, boss, characters design, and OST still kicked ass. DmC tried to use Heaven Sword style combine with Red-bellion and let's be honest here, Donte was like a BAD remake of Nero from character design, personality to rebellion combo. 90% of Red-bellion combo was came from red queen which also contained its sluggish (if only worse) speed. Bad balance of weapon (demon weapon are more useful than angel). Basically, DMC2 was like long range OP while this game was like BS Demon Weapon B*****. Also, Bad auto lock on system with only target the attacking units (SOOOOOOO, you want to be another NG clone huh? Gosh, even the warriors series have more control of the direction and camera than this). For me, those games failed in an equal term but DmC for a slight worse thanks to the controversy of actually making fun of the old series offensively. Casuallize the game smartly like Hard Corps Uprising or Easy Automatic like like DMC3 and 4 could be a good thing. But dragging the WHOLE GAME DOWN with it was not a good idea AT ALL.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#49NostalgiaRulesPosted 4/6/2013 10:07:19 PM
I actually did like DMC 2 more than DmC.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#50tehdudPosted 4/7/2013 1:13:36 AM
dmc2 was at least a playable game

this things just a steaming wet turd
---
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png