DmC vs. Mindjack

#11syctheweilderPosted 4/6/2013 6:25:54 PM
I'm gonna have to disagree there. The combat in arkham isn't conventionally what we think of as combat in an action game, but it takes freeflowing combat to it's logical extreme, and the fun comes from how fluidly and efficiently you can take out the goons that are so obviously outmatched by the Batman.

Then again, Batman taking out a bunch of thugs is never the centerpiece of a batman story; it's how he tackles far more dangerous opponents using stealth and cunning, which are by far the most satisfying elements of gameplay in Arkham City.
#12splendidsorrowPosted 4/6/2013 9:30:11 PM
OracleGunner posted...
splendidsorrow posted...
I liked Mindjack and I like DmC as well. There's been much worse imo.

I respect your opinion but mindjack, at least for me, made superman 64 go from a 1.5 to a 4 in my gaming scale.

I respect yours as well. I wish there were more like us. A difference of opinion needn't devolve into a petty dispute. I'll have to admit to being in the minority if nothing else. Everyone was rather disappointed with Mindjack sans me.

What about Inversion? That's more recent, and it's arguably even worse. It has zero replay value .
---
"Fear is the mind-killer.The little death that brings total obliteration."
GT:Darkside Eugene
#13SiLVeR_420Posted 4/6/2013 9:36:01 PM
splendidsorrow posted...
OracleGunner posted...
splendidsorrow posted...

I respect your opinion but mindjack, at least for me, made superman 64 go from a 1.5 to a 4 in my gaming scale.

I respect yours as well. I wish there were more like us. A difference of opinion needn't devolve into a petty dispute. I'll have to admit to being in the minority if nothing else. Everyone was rather disappointed with Mindjack sans me.

What about Inversion? That's more recent, and it's arguably even worse. It has zero replay value .

Inversion had a neat premise. The game just...sucked.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#14OracleGunner(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 2:52:04 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
splendidsorrow posted...
OracleGunner posted...
splendidsorrow posted...

Inversion had a neat premise. The game just...sucked.

^^^^This. Mindjack felt like a cheap copy of psy-ops.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
PM me if you get from where is my sig. People who got it:1