DmC 2

#1nukeboy777Posted 4/6/2013 7:57:51 PM
So out of curiosity, if and most likely, when DmC 2 is announced, what will most of you guys do? Quit the boards? Commit Hairi Kiri? Remember, this is Capcom we're dealing with, they are seriously the epitome of stubbornness.

Resident evil 5 is criticized due to the action > horror. So what do they do? Make a sequal with 3 times as much action! Me personally, I doubt Capcom even knows about the rabid fans who hated DmC because of the slight changes from the original. And if they do, those fans most likely aren't on their radar.

I noticed a lot of people brag because DmC 'failed'. We don't know how many copies they sold. Obviously, DmC didn't do as well as its predecessors. But from a financial standpoint, the most important thing for a companies product is to break even and make a profit.

DMC is one of Capcoms lessar franchises today, so I seriously doubt they are willing to forgoe the DmC universe and pore millions into building a completely new DMC from the ground up. Most likely on next gen consoles we'll se a more mature older white haired Dante inhabiting the same DmC universe.

Finally, here's a word to the wise, games with not so spectacular sales but excellent reviews do get sequels. Okami, Beyond Good and Evil, and Viva Piņata are a few.
#2Pesmerga255Posted 4/6/2013 8:04:57 PM(edited)
It's not happening.

Did Heavenly Sword or Enslaved ever get a sequel?
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#3NaturalEvil1Posted 4/6/2013 8:05:04 PM
Capcom won't waste time with DmC2.
#4KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 4/6/2013 8:05:40 PM
DMC is Capcom's 5th best selling franchise, games that sell poorly only get sequels if there's enough demand for them, DmC2 won't get announced because it would be a bad business decision, RE6 was hated and now Capcom wants to reboot RE but go back to survival horror, and it's "Harakiri" which is just a another way of saying seppuku.

I think I covered everything...
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#5Lord_MizerPosted 4/6/2013 8:08:08 PM
Even if DmC2 is announced, I won't buy, rent or play it in any fashion. I've no faith in NT, so I'm not obligated to buy any of their products.

Seriously, it's exactly rocket science.
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
#6nukeboy777(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 8:24:13 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
It's not happening.

Heavenly sword had excellent reviews and sold over a million. It can receive a sequel at anytime.

Enslaved received bad reviews and it got the bad sales it deserved.

I don't see the correlation between those games and DmC
#7KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 4/6/2013 8:28:14 PM
nukeboy777 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
It's not happening.

Heavenly sword had excellent reviews and sold over a million. It can receive a sequel at anytime.

Heavenly sword didn't even break even. For a game like that that broke a million not to break even, DmC has literally no chances of breaking even.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#8nukeboy777(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 8:32:30 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
DMC is Capcom's 5th best selling franchise, games that sell poorly only get sequels if there's enough demand for them, DmC2 won't get announced because it would be a bad business decision, RE6 was hated and now Capcom wants to reboot RE but go back to survival horror, and it's "Harakiri" which is just a another way of saying seppuku.

I think I covered everything...

Thanks for the harakiri correction. However, I disagree with the rest of your statement. There wasn't a high demand for Okami or Beyond Good. If there were a high demand for those games, they wouldn't have sold poorly in the first place.

Games that sell poorly but receive high reviews only get a sequal if the company believes in said franchise. DmC 2 will most likely be on next gen consoles, and trust me if they increase the graphics and scale in the sequel, as well as add an older Dante that fans can appreciate, there is no reason why DmC 2 should fail.
#9nukeboy777(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 8:34:13 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
nukeboy777 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
It's not happening.

Heavenly sword didn't even break even. For a game like that that broke a million not to break even, DmC has literally no chances of breaking even.

And how do you know know this? Would you mind directing me to a site that shows Heavenly Swords budget? I don't mind admitting when I'm wrong, I just prefer proof over speculation.
#10Ink-RibbonPosted 4/6/2013 8:38:46 PM
If DmC 2 is announced, you can bet this board is gonna stay at number 1 again,for the next 3 or 4 years. XD

I can't imagine the havoc and chaos that will be here if DmC 2 gets a go, lol. It's going to be fun, though.