DmC 2

#41produnerPosted 4/7/2013 3:38:16 AM
Guys, add TC to the ignore list and move on, he's a troll that resorts to outdated and uncreative baits.
#42DagorhaPosted 4/7/2013 4:09:20 AM
nukeboy777 posted...
So out of curiosity, if and most likely, when DmC 2 is announced, what will most of you guys do? Quit the boards? Commit Hairi Kiri? Remember, this is Capcom we're dealing with, they are seriously the epitome of stubbornness.

Resident evil 5 is criticized due to the action > horror. So what do they do? Make a sequal with 3 times as much action! Me personally, I doubt Capcom even knows about the rabid fans who hated DmC because of the slight changes from the original. And if they do, those fans most likely aren't on their radar.

I noticed a lot of people brag because DmC 'failed'. We don't know how many copies they sold. Obviously, DmC didn't do as well as its predecessors. But from a financial standpoint, the most important thing for a companies product is to break even and make a profit.

DMC is one of Capcoms lessar franchises today, so I seriously doubt they are willing to forgoe the DmC universe and pore millions into building a completely new DMC from the ground up. Most likely on next gen consoles we'll se a more mature older white haired Dante inhabiting the same DmC universe.

Finally, here's a word to the wise, games with not so spectacular sales but excellent reviews do get sequels. Okami, Beyond Good and Evil, and Viva Piņata are a few.

1. DMC is Capcom's 5th Largest franchise. Capcom has been around for a good long time, they have published a lot of games and DMC is one of their better known ones.

2. going back to the DMC universe is not going to be building from the ground up anymore then creating a sequel to DmC would be.

3. Yes, games that sell bad but are critically acclaimed often get sequels but you also have to understand that whether or not Capcom decided to back to the original universe was to be predicated on DmC's sales and they just don't have the figures to warrant a sequel. At the very least it doesn't have the figures that warrants that DMC5 wouldn't come out
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#43Xtreme65Posted 4/7/2013 4:48:42 AM
I just hope whoever does the next HnS game does something brilliant. We had DmC, MGR, and GoW:A this year and all of the titles (especially DmC and GoW:A) have a large list of shortcomings.

Well MGR was pretty good but it still had its share of flaws. (Look at the exploit Angry Joe found.)

Here's to hoping Bayonetta 2 succeeds, if not we may be looking at a dead genre here guys. And I don't even like Bayonetta.
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#44Psychochild27Posted 4/7/2013 6:18:46 AM
NostalgiaRules posted...

What will I do?....Um....continue to play the original DMCs...

Yep. Still dumping at least three hours a week into DMC4 five years after release.

Resident evil 5 is criticized due to the action > horror. So what do they do? Make a sequal with 3 times as much action!

RE5 was still the best selling game in the series to that point having shipped five million copies and it reviewed well. It was basically in the same exact position as DMC4 which met good reviews and sold the best of the series. RE6 however saw the one-two punch of a horrible critical reception and a failure to meet sales expectations which resulted in them scrambling to try to right that ship.

While DmC saw good reviews, you can't argue with the fact that it has sold only a third of its predecessor to this point and that the PR surrounding the game through all of its development has created a massive split in the DMC fanbase who have shown they're not interested. Capcom's very aware they ****ed up with this one if the scramble to put out a patch like with SxT and RE6 means something and they always made sure to leave a back door open for themselves with multiple claims that DMC's future hangs in the sales of DmC.

DmC2 isn't happening.
#45LordKaizerPosted 4/7/2013 6:32:32 AM
nukeboy777 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
nukeboy777 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
nukeboy777 posted...

Heavenly sword didn't even break even. For a game like that that broke a million not to break even, DmC has literally no chances of breaking even.

And how do you know know this? Would you mind directing me to a site that shows Heavenly Swords budget? I don't mind admitting when I'm wrong, I just prefer proof over speculation.

http://www.vg247.com/2010/03/29/ninja-theory-heavenly-sword-sales-still-not-enough-to-break-even/

Straight from NT themselves. Granted this was a while ago, but there's no way HS suddenly sold enough to make a profit.

Thanks for that it was an interesting read. Still my point stands, sure Heavenly Sword didnt break even, but over a million sales for a new franchise, and a HnS game? That's incredible. If they would've released Heavenly Sword on multi platform it would've succeeded

As for what you said about DMC being the 5th most successful Capcom game, I don't think that's saying much when another Capcom exclusive Monster Hunters Freedom Unite, sold half as much as the entire DMC franchise to date... Capcom only needs SF and RE to stay afloat, DMC is just extra money in Capcoms pocket. Regardless there is no reason why there shouldn't be a DmC with an older more likable Dante, instead of wasting money to rebuild the franchise AGAIN from the ground up...

mega man is 3rd most successful franchise that capcom own (it sold more than monster hunter by the way) and capcom killed him off easily and blaming the fans on it. so, why do you think they will make DmC 2 which just sold around 600,000 unit (almost half of what DMC 3 sell)?
---
I'll always sit on my royal chair next to dante's chair forever.
#46LordKaizerPosted 4/7/2013 6:43:41 AM
smithkakarot posted...
I think Roll Caskett is adorable, I wanna hug her.

*punch you on the face*
get out, she's mine.
---
I'll always sit on my royal chair next to dante's chair forever.
#47produnerPosted 4/7/2013 7:00:21 AM
Guys, all of you are missing an important detail, inafune was part of many problems and decisions in capcom. He was basically against SF4 till ono begged and convinced him, and he was moaning about westernization, which led to many low quality outsourced games and reboots. Now Inafune is gone, so is megaman since he is the lead designer of it, and recently capcom started to get their act together by listening to feedback in some games and fixing other games.

We might get something decent after the stupid plan that some people in capcom came up with about cutting developing costs, outsourcing and giving the finger to fans and customers.
#48shatterstarPosted 4/7/2013 7:21:13 AM
produner posted...
Guys, all of you are missing an important detail, inafune was part of many problems and decisions in capcom. He was basically against SF4 till ono begged and convinced him, and he was moaning about westernization, which led to many low quality outsourced games and reboots. Now Inafune is gone, so is megaman since he is the lead designer of it, and recently capcom started to get their act together by listening to feedback in some games and fixing other games.

We might get something decent after the stupid plan that some people in capcom came up with about cutting developing costs, outsourcing and giving the finger to fans and customers.

You don't have the slightest clue of what the hell you're talking about mate. Because you speak like you were actually there. So please keep your BS theories to yourself.
#49KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 4/7/2013 7:23:12 AM
shatterstar posted...
produner posted...

You don't have the slightest clue of what the hell you're talking about mate. Because you speak like you were actually there. So please keep your BS theories to yourself.

I-
But you-
GRRRRAAAAAGGGHHH!!!!

Hypocrisy at it's finest. I expect nothing less from shatter though -_-
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#50produnerPosted 4/7/2013 7:28:22 AM
shatterstar posted...
produner posted...

LOL you are butthurt because capcom won't make a DmC2, and i would like you to dispute my claims with evidence not insults.