Turbo Mod finally released for DmC

#1Japanese_JadePosted 4/6/2013 7:50:24 PM
http://dmcmods.com/2345-turbo-mode

The guy even got it to meet the speed equivalence for DMC3's turbo mode. Its a shame Ninja Theory didn't add this feature in the original business model along with Bloody Palace (which still came anyway but pretty late in the game). I heard they even considered it at one point before scrapping it.

Gotta love the DmC modding community though. They just keep ramping up the fun for this game for me.

*Happy dance*
---
Don't like DmC? Well, come on down to the DmC (PS3) board where liking the game is considered trolling and moving on is a thing of the past! :D
#2RukumouruPosted 4/6/2013 8:45:30 PM
Hey, thanks for all the attention my mod is getting!

I wish I could make it work for the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game. The PC modding community is amazing, so if you can, get this game on PC!

Let me tell you, the bloody palace with DMD difficulty in all rooms, no bull**** elemental enemies and my turbo mod is pretty intense.

If people think the game is still too slow with the 1.2x speed modifier (DMC3, DMC4) I'll increase it even further.
#3zhaoyun99Posted 4/6/2013 8:49:53 PM
It's a sad day when a game that need their fan to fix their s*** up. Good probs to you, RU.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#4GoombaXPosted 4/6/2013 8:57:14 PM
zhaoyun99 posted...
It's a sad day when a game that need their fan to fix their s*** up. Good probs to you, RU.

thats been going on for years now, look at all of bethesda's games
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#5zhaoyun99Posted 4/6/2013 9:00:58 PM
GoombaX posted...
zhaoyun99 posted...

thats been going on for years now, look at all of bethesda's games

I know that.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#6KyryloPosted 4/6/2013 9:29:00 PM
I think "fans" are better at programming than NT....shouldn't they kinda change team finally? Team that cant program = bad dev.
#7ScreamingMidgetPosted 4/7/2013 2:44:58 AM
zhaoyun99 posted...

Bethesda has been relying on fans to fix their games since forever now.
#8Psychochild27Posted 4/7/2013 4:06:34 AM
Rukumouru posted...
Hey, thanks for all the attention my mod is getting!

If people think the game is still too slow with the 1.2x speed modifier (DMC3, DMC4) I'll increase it even further.

I wouldn't put it past some people. There were a small number of players who had modified DMC4 to go up to 30% faster and could still put out some amazing looking gameplay in real time. Very nice effort though - It doesn't do much to make those animations look any more decent (That run animation in particular stands out as pretty awful), but it does make combat a good bit more interesting for its inclusion.
#9Some_HoarPosted 4/7/2013 4:16:58 AM
Kyrylo posted...
I think "fans" are better at programming than NT....shouldn't they kinda change team finally? Team that cant program = bad dev.

all these mods are just tiny .ini edits and reskins
---
Bald_Money posted...
How many alternate accounts does Some_Hoar have? From the look of things, it's something like 6.
#10RukumouruPosted 4/7/2013 5:14:17 AM
Yes, they are tiny, simple edits. Which begs the question, why the hell weren't they in the game in the first place?

Regardless, gotta give kudos to Ninja Theory for using the Unreal Engine 3 instead of the MT Framework as far as the PC version goes. UE3 is extremely flexible and easy for modding. It's sad that the game runs at 30 fps on consoles, but UE3 was definitely the best choice for the PC version.

It's all tradeoffs I suppose. Maybe DMC4 PC sales warranted this? Who knows.