The Legendary Dark Knight Sparda (SPOILERS FOR FRANCHISE)

#1DagorhaPosted 4/7/2013 5:08:35 AM
just in case the title wasn't an indicator (SPOILERS FOR THE FRANCHISE)

One of the bigger things that bothered me about this game was how gutted the characters were and Sparda had to be amongst the worst. He was literally amongst the strongest characters in the original series, maybe surpassed only by Dante and Mundus.

I mean it's weird to talk about this character because so much is shrouded in mystery like how he came to awaken to justice and defeated Mundus' army and Mundus himself. Then sealed the demon world away from the human world making it extremely difficult for the demons to get through. Even stranger is the fact that we don't really know what happened to him or how he died do we?
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#2produnerPosted 4/7/2013 5:10:07 AM
He died alongside DMC1,2,3 and 4.

R.I.P DMC 2001-2008.
#3Dagorha(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 5:10:51 AM
produner posted...

R.I.P DMC 2001-2008.

don't be like that
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#4Aura_of_ApathyPosted 4/7/2013 5:28:09 AM
produner posted...

R.I.P DMC 2001-2008.

He has a point though. He was absolutely gutted in DmC's depiction. We see a badass portrait of him in the armor, then the cutscenes make him look so damn weird. And his legend was changed for the worse, he isn't legendary anymore. Just a man that failed, was easily imprisoned and had two kids.
I miss the old Sparda of legend. Almost every game mentions were made about comparing his power, his fame, his demon form looking like him (DMC 1 mostly). Most of the big bads you face were owned BY Sparda and can tell from the scent of his offspring. Dante clearly had issues with the idea of his disappeared dad, but came to terms with who he is, while aiming to just be everything he can. None of that for Sporda in DmC.
#5PunkMcThrustPosted 4/7/2013 5:49:35 AM
The most we see of Spurdo is him in gay bondage gear and chains being dragged along by two Dreamrunners (at least I think that's what those dual sword guys are called) probably for some hot nonconsensual male relations.

From invincible legendary dark knight to unknown rape victim. Good going Ninja Theory, great reinvisioning of the character.
---
Armstrong for President
#6KyryloPosted 4/7/2013 6:27:08 AM
Dagorha posted...
produner posted...

R.I.P DMC 2001-2008.

don't be like that

why? he's right.
#7Psychochild27Posted 4/7/2013 6:33:17 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Dagorha posted...
produner posted...

R.I.P DMC 2001-2008.

don't be like that

why? he's right.

Pretty much. Sporda's entire legacy is that he ran away and banged an angel before being banished to an eternity of S&M. Sparda meanwhile single-handedly destroyed the armies of Hell including Mundus himself and spent the rest of his life kicking ass and sealing off hell gates until his death while getting a bit of lady action on the side.

Sparda's legacy isn't solely defined by his children. Sporda's is.
#8shatterstarPosted 4/7/2013 7:06:58 AM
Dagorha posted...

One of the bigger things that bothered me about this game was how gutted the characters were and Sparda had to be amongst the worst. He was literally amongst the strongest characters in the original series, maybe surpassed only by Dante and Mundus.

I mean it's weird to talk about this character because so much is shrouded in mystery like how he came to awaken to justice and defeated Mundus' army and Mundus himself. Then sealed the demon world away from the human world making it extremely difficult for the demons to get through. Even stranger is the fact that we don't really know what happened to him or how he died do we?

I find this quite funny because the originals never really elaborated on Sparda much nor his relationship with Eva to the point of getting some idea of how it all played out. DmC explained this very well and even explained Spada's fate.

So there was no need to even create your very own fan fiction like the DMC fanbase are well known for doing. Trying to make sense out of something that doesn't make sense at all. Basically trying to add substance to non-cohesive plot.

So how did it bother you when DmC explained each and every character so clearly?
#9FireMage7777Posted 4/7/2013 7:10:11 AM
shatterstar posted...
Dagorha posted...

I find this quite funny because the originals never really elaborated on Sparda much nor his relationship with Eva to the point of getting some idea of how it all played out. DmC explained this very well and even explained Spada's fate.

So there was no need to even create your very own fan fiction like the DMC fanbase are well known for doing. Trying to make sense out of something that doesn't make sense at all. Basically trying to add substance to non-cohesive plot.

So how did it bother you when DmC explained each and every character so clearly?

Mystery made Sparda awesome...
---
http://images.4chan.org/vg/src/1365045761646.gif
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#10KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 4/7/2013 7:28:15 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
shatterstar posted...
Dagorha posted...

Mystery made Sparda awesome...

^This. That added layer of mystery created such an amazing character, one that was larger than life. We didn't know much about DMC Sparda, only that he was feared by just about every demon and that he took on the entire demon army single handed. The guy was a pure badass that desrved the title of "Legendary Dark Knight", he was a true legend.

DmC Sparda was a joke, he wasn't even a threat. He banged an angel and got caught.... that's literally his entire story. I don't know if Guile beat Sparda recently, but this "Family Man" Sparda is beyond awful. There's nothing badass about him, he's just a joke.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]