did anyone else think DmC was similar to Ink & Vellum?

#1Orange00Posted 4/8/2013 1:14:20 AM(edited)
Did anyone else find the general *feel* of DmC similar to Hal Duncan's book of all hours: Ink and Vellum? It's not rip off or even striking resemblance but some themes match and i have had this feeling from the get-go, since DmC was revealed.

both try to be edgy and mature, both got demon's and angel's, both got main character that is sorta outcast, overthetop fighters and punk. Especially after i heard NT was thinking of making Dante gay, i thought of Jack in those books. Both got this semi-forced punk attitude and both try to appear deeper than they perhaps really are.

Oh and also with a dash of Hal Duncan's Escape from Hell, with all the eye-camera surveillance in hellcity.
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#2KyryloPosted 4/8/2013 1:21:23 AM
If I start to count what films/books/ games DmC similar to, I gonna lost my count and overspam this thread.
#3smithkakarotPosted 4/8/2013 1:28:13 AM
Kyrylo posted...
If I start to count what films/books/ games DmC similar to, I gonna lost my count and overspam this thread.

You could probably get up to 500 posts easily by doing that.
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#4KyryloPosted 4/8/2013 2:11:48 AM
smithkakarot posted...
Kyrylo posted...

You could probably get up to 500 posts easily by doing that.

much harder is to find something unseen and not like the other in DmC.