Capcom and Ninja Theory underestimate DMC

#21Rising_shadowPosted 4/8/2013 2:13:09 PM
So what you're saying is that DMC would have sold less than 400.000 units were it mono console.
That multi console thing is a **** argument and you know it. The fact of the matter is that DMC4 still sold the best even without adding PC numbers.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#22Ether101Posted 4/8/2013 2:26:24 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
DMC4 is the highest selling one in the franchise.

That's only because it was released for both PS3 and XBOX...

If DMC 4 had followed previous games by being PS exclusive, it would have sold even less than DMC 2...

DMC 1 sold almost 3 million for PS2 only.XD

A lot of people that bought in on the 360 were originally going to buy it on the PS3. Plus if they had stuck to the original plan, I feel that there's a good chance that version of DMC4 would have been a completely different game.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#23Ink-RibbonPosted 4/8/2013 2:27:59 PM
Rising_shadow posted...
So what you're saying is that DMC would have sold less than 400.000 units were it mono console.
That multi console thing is a **** argument and you know it. The fact of the matter is that DMC4 still sold the best even without adding PC numbers.

Well, you're now overreacting, which is something that only antis do...I'm not surprised, considering that the 400.000 copies is a useless argument and something that I didn't even say.

Without XBOX sales, DMC 4 would have sold something between 1 million and 2 for PS3, but I doubt it would have been more. DMC 2 sold 1.700.000 copies, so I guess DMC 4 would probably have sold the same, if not a little less than that.

No matter what you say, DMC 4 being released for 2 consoles, helped the game A LOT and you know that. ;)
#24SiLVeR_420Posted 4/8/2013 2:29:15 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...

If DMC 4 had followed previous games by being PS exclusive, it would have sold even less than DMC 2...

Why didn't DmC sell the most then? It came much later when most people have a current gen console.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#25Ink-RibbonPosted 4/8/2013 2:31:50 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...

Why didn't DmC sell the most then? It came much later when most people have a current gen console.

I'm not talking about DmC, i'm talking about DMC 4.

They're both different games. DmC failed at sales, but that's not what I was discussing some posts ago.

Then again, I guess DmC sold less because lots of peole just saw how poor DMC 4 was, if compared to DMC 1 and 3.
#26SiLVeR_420Posted 4/8/2013 2:38:54 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...

I'm not talking about DmC, i'm talking about DMC 4.

They're both different games. DmC failed at sales, but that's not what I was discussing some posts ago.

Then again, I guess DmC sold less because lots of peole just saw how poor DMC 4 was, if compared to DMC 1 and 3.

Not that many people hated DMC4.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#27produnerPosted 4/8/2013 3:00:44 PM
Huskies are quite the handful.
#28Ether101Posted 4/8/2013 3:07:36 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Rising_shadow posted...

Well, you're now overreacting, which is something that only antis do...I'm not surprised, considering that the 400.000 copies is a useless argument and something that I didn't even say.

Without XBOX sales, DMC 4 would have sold something between 1 million and 2 for PS3, but I doubt it would have been more. DMC 2 sold 1.700.000 copies, so I guess DMC 4 would probably have sold the same, if not a little less than that.

No matter what you say, DMC 4 being released for 2 consoles, helped the game A LOT and you know that. ;)

That's not true. DMC4 being forced to go mutli is the main reason it wasn't finished when it was released.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#29Ink-RibbonPosted 4/8/2013 3:10:43 PM
Ether101 posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Rising_shadow posted...

That's not true. DMC4 being forced to go mutli is the main reason it wasn't finished when it was released.

I was saying that it helped DMC 4, regarding sales.

The game being finished or not, that's another discussion that I didn't even bring here.

I like how some of you try to derail and change the focus of what I say, just to suit your views better. One user said something about 400.000 copies ( which clearly I didn't say) and you talked about DMC 4 being unfinished, which is something that I didn't even mention here. XD

It's time to focus on love now. ;)