Quality of the game aside....

#1TheSL1ClubPosted 4/8/2013 7:29:17 PM(edited)
Why would you support NT when they actually insult the original fan base and the source material? The original fans made DMC franchise possible, which in turn made DmC reboot possible, that to me looks like a pretty linear relationship, why would they insult the people that made their game possible in the first place?

I don't even know whom NT are when I purchased my DMC1. Not only that, but if they hate the original source material that much, why would they accept the job? For money? Because I don't see how anyone could make a good reboot when they actually hate the original that much for a lack of passion to make it. In fact I've never seen it, whether it be games or movies.

Not only that but they have to make that little conference to show their unprofessionalism to insult not only the fans but the gay community as well. Let's face it , there always will be extreme fans in any genre even Mario or Zelda communities (family friendly games). A simple silence would be more professional than that conference. NT and Tameem really has a lot to learn, quality of the game aside (which doesn't really help), I refuse to support developers that behave this way, just my 2 cents.
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.
#2smithkakarotPosted 4/8/2013 7:26:45 PM
Tameem is mentally 13 years old, what didja expect?
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#3DuuuDe14Posted 4/8/2013 7:27:01 PM
Because people don't care about that stuff. They just want to play the game.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#4TheSL1Club(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 7:30:47 PM
DuuuDe14 posted...
Because people don't care about that stuff. They just want to play the game.

But the average gamers are actually in their 20's to 30's so I would assume alot of them cares beyond just the game itself, it's an art form and it's business.
---
#5NostalgiaRulesPosted 4/8/2013 7:59:42 PM(edited)
TheSL1Club posted...
Why would you support NT when they actually insult the original fan base and the source material? The original fans made DMC franchise possible, which in turn made DmC reboot possible, that to me looks like a pretty linear relationship, why would they insult the people that made their game possible in the first place?

I don't even know whom NT are when I purchased my DMC1. Not only that, but if they hate the original source material that much, why would they accept the job? For money? Because I don't see how anyone could make a good reboot when they actually hate the original that much for a lack of passion to make it. In fact I've never seen it, whether it be games or movies.

Not only that but they have to make that little conference to show their unprofessionalism to insult not only the fans but the gay community as well. Let's face it , there always will be extreme fans in any genre even Mario or Zelda communities (family friendly games). A simple silence would be more professional than that conference. NT and Tameem really has a lot to learn, quality of the game aside (which doesn't really help), I refuse to support developers that behave this way, just my 2 cents.

It's kind of like the rebellious kid that hates his/her parents for some unknown reason. The parents gave their child the perfect balance of discipline, love and guidance, and the kid was never abused in any way, shape or form, but the kid still hates his/her parents. And the parents, for the life of them, can't figure out why. Said kid will gladly siphon money from the parents as long as they're willing to give it, but will continue to treat them like garbage. Yes, there are some kids out there who are like that and no, there's no explanation for why it happens.

Of course, that's a dramatization, but I think people get the gist of it. By the way, this is talking about Ninja Theory's behavior, not the people who supported DmC.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#6Dark_EpathyPosted 4/8/2013 8:09:28 PM
I've never thought of Ninja Theory throwing the first punch, personally. When the original teaser trailer landed, the backlash was immense and pretty outrageous. I was part of it, at least for a short while. A few misconstrued (and admittedly badly worded) quotes from Tameem later, and the seeds were sown for disaster.

Since then, everything Ninja Theory has done to mine the controversy has been in jest. Is any of it remotely professional? No, not really, and some of it is kind of offensive if you look at it in a certain light--but the controversy is certainly still absurd and kind of a parody of itself. It's hard for me to sympathize when the whole thing was overblown to begin with.

Regardless, all of that stuff doesn't really affect my view of quality. If the games they produce deserve merit and support--and I think DmC does, looking at it for what it is--then I'll support them. You can be the biggest ass on the planet, but I won't deny you do good work if you do. A lot of celebrities, authors, musicians, and the like are undoubtedly haughty, arrogant, and self-absorbed, but we still support them because we enjoy the content they produce and, for the most part, the content is good.
---
"We are the greater good." -- Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead
#7Malus_X6Posted 4/8/2013 8:10:56 PM
It's kind of like the rebellious kid that hates his/her parents for some unknown reason. The parents gave their child the perfect balance of discipline, love and guidance, and the kid was never abused in any way, shape or form, but the kid still hates his/her parents. And the parents, for the life of them, can't figure out why. Said kid will gladly siphon money from the parents as long as they're willing to give it, but will continue to treat them like garbage. Yes, there are some kids out there who are like that and no, there's no explanation for why it happens.

Kinda like Ted Bundy... or someone like that.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#8NostalgiaRulesPosted 4/8/2013 8:13:20 PM
Dark_Epathy posted...
I've never thought of Ninja Theory throwing the first punch, personally. When the original teaser trailer landed, the backlash was immense and pretty outrageous. I was part of it, at least for a short while. A few misconstrued (and admittedly badly worded) quotes from Tameem later, and the seeds were sown for disaster.

Since then, everything Ninja Theory has done to mine the controversy has been in jest. Is any of it remotely professional? No, not really, and some of it is kind of offensive if you look at it in a certain light--but the controversy is certainly still absurd and kind of a parody of itself. It's hard for me to sympathize when the whole thing was overblown to begin with.

Regardless, all of that stuff doesn't really affect my view of quality. If the games they produce deserve merit and support--and I think DmC does, looking at it for what it is--then I'll support them. You can be the biggest ass on the planet, but I won't deny you do good work if you do. A lot of celebrities, authors, musicians, and the like are undoubtedly haughty, arrogant, and self-absorbed, but we still support them because we enjoy the content they produce and, for the most part, the content is good.

I'm a bit more picky myself. If someone's a jerk, I can easily get along without their product. This doesn't just apply to Ninja Theory. This goes for anyone. Oddly enough, it's not that hard for me to do. It's not to sound pious or anything, but that's just how I roll.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#9TheSL1Club(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 8:17:41 PM
Dark_Epathy posted...

But the products are mediocre, that's the thing, in fact all their products are kinda bad and sold poorly. If Kojima openly trolled the MGS fanbase with MGS5, I wouldn't have a problem, the guy is a legend and he has the status to do so, he got the products to back him up. NT on the other hand...
---
#10Orange00Posted 4/8/2013 9:04:05 PM
pretty much what dark_epathy said. It's not like NT just one day decided to start trolling DMC fanbase. It's definitely fanbase who threw first hundred stones.

truthfully i would have done the same. When someone constantly b*****s and moans, i'm not the kind of person who'll listen to it long, professional or not.
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!