Quality of the game aside....

#31syctheweilderPosted 4/9/2013 2:02:19 PM
Thanks, strelok
#32demonfang178Posted 4/9/2013 2:19:35 PM
Now that I think about it, didn't they say that the immense backlash was not only expected, but welcomed (because bad publicity is good publicity, hyuk hyuk)? Let's see, an action intentionally designed to enrage another...What is that called again...?

An any case, if a representive insults you in real life and then you turn around and you support them anyway, it kinda makes you look like a punk. Not sure why it gets a free pass on the internet.
#33Dark_EpathyPosted 4/9/2013 4:39:34 PM(edited)
If you consider the initial reaction to be the first punch then your not to bright. Not only are you saying that people don't have the right to react but also saying that they don't have freedom of speech. Then there the fact that Capcom and Ninja Theory were trying to get that type of reaction. So by your logic Ninja Theory still threw the first punch.

I'm not saying people don't have the right to react, and I would never deny someone's freedom to voice his or her own thoughts--in a constructive manner. That's not what happened. A few reasonable people do not compensate for the immense backlash. It was an overreaction, just like much of everything else on the Internet.

Even if Capcom and Ninja Theory were looking for to make waves and jolt people, do you really think they would have wanted it to the extent that they got it? No, of course not. The backlash was (and still is) incredibly overblown. It turned into a monster they couldn't control. Is it their fault? Sure. Is it right? Debatable, and I've never agreed with it.

EDIT: I should clarify--you can say what you will about what you will. It may not necessarily be prudent to do so, however. If there are consequences, there are consequences. Ninja Theory and Capcom were not the only ones responsible for how this situation with DmC escalated, as every one of us contributed to the maelstrom.
---
"We are the greater good." -- Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead
#34ZeroX91Posted 4/9/2013 4:54:20 PM
Dark_Epathy posted...
EDIT: I should clarify--you can say what you will about what you will. It may not necessarily be prudent to do so, however. If there are consequences, there are consequences. Ninja Theory and Capcom were not the only ones responsible for how this situation with DmC escalated, as every one of us contributed to the maelstrom.

Gaming "journalists" played a bigger role than NT and the fanbase in all of this, it's like they wanted the situation to escalate. I don't blame NT for being defensive, but I do blame them for being blatantly unprofessional. Fans are fans, backlash is to be expected. Deal with them in a respectful manner and they will give your product a chance.

Just look at another western reboot that happened around the same time, LoS.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJuLGBjjf6g
#35SiLVeR_420Posted 4/9/2013 5:29:03 PM
ZeroX91 posted...
Dark_Epathy posted...

Gaming "journalists" played a bigger role than NT and the fanbase in all of this, it's like they wanted the situation to escalate. I don't blame NT for being defensive, but I do blame them for being blatantly unprofessional. Fans are fans, backlash is to be expected. Deal with them in a respectful manner and they will give your product a chance.

Mercury Steam respected the past games to. NT...not so much.
Seeing as LoS became the best selling(?) Castlevania shows how far being respectful and professional will go.

Not sure if LoS is the best selling Castlevania of all time but u do know its the best selling 3D Castlevania.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#36PunkMcThrustPosted 4/9/2013 5:33:11 PM
ZeroX91 posted...
Dark_Epathy posted...

I wasn't even aware Lords of Shadow was a reboot until Mirror of Fate came along. I figured it was just some spinoff, and get this, the trailers for the game weren't disastrous and terrible like with DmC, they were AMAZING.

The E3 2010 trailer for LoS is still my favorite video game trailer even though the game wasn't great, that trailer was perfect.
---
Armstrong for President
#37SiLVeR_420Posted 4/9/2013 5:36:40 PM
PunkMcThrust posted...
ZeroX91 posted...
Dark_Epathy posted...

I wasn't even aware Lords of Shadow was a reboot until Mirror of Fate came along. I figured it was just some spinoff, and get this, the trailers for the game weren't disastrous and terrible like with DmC, they were AMAZING.

The E3 2010 trailer for LoS is still my favorite video game trailer even though the game wasn't great, that trailer was perfect.

Its unclear what LoS really is...its story arc is ending with LoS2.
---
Forgive the name.
#38KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 4/9/2013 5:38:24 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
PunkMcThrust posted...
ZeroX91 posted...
Dark_Epathy posted...

LoS is pretty much an alternate Universe.... especially to those of us who weren't fond of it.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#39SiLVeR_420Posted 4/9/2013 5:44:21 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
PunkMcThrust posted...
ZeroX91 posted...
Dark_Epathy posted...

LoS is pretty much an alternate Universe.... especially to those of us who weren't fond of it.

Makes sense.
I'm in the minority that actually liked the game. And am looking forward to LoS2 news.
---
Forgive the name.
#40nukeboy777Posted 4/9/2013 5:47:49 PM
TheSL1Club posted...
Why would you support NT when they actually insult the original fan base and the source material? The original fans made DMC franchise possible, which in turn made DmC reboot possible, that to me looks like a pretty linear relationship, why would they insult the people that made their game possible in the first place?

I don't even know whom NT are when I purchased my DMC1. Not only that, but if they hate the original source material that much, why would they accept the job? For money? Because I don't see how anyone could make a good reboot when they actually hate the original that much for a lack of passion to make it. In fact I've never seen it, whether it be games or movies.

Not only that but they have to make that little conference to show their unprofessionalism to insult not only the fans but the gay community as well. Let's face it , there always will be extreme fans in any genre even Mario or Zelda communities (family friendly games). A simple silence would be more professional than that conference. NT and Tameem really has a lot to learn, quality of the game aside (which doesn't really help), I refuse to support developers that behave this way, just my 2 cents.

I think you might be taking that conference a bit out of proportion.

NT did not insult the fan base. In fact, they did not even mention the fan base. All they did was make a couple of off color jokes about a fictional video game character. I'm confused as to why some of you guys find that personally insulting.

Also, as for insulting the gay community, they most definitely did not. Putting Dante in silly poses with a homosexual theme is not an insult, why do you think that? The LGBT are some of the most outspoken group of individuals today, and they don't even give two s****. I think people are just looking for another reason to complain about DmC and NT.