Quality of the game aside....

#61Ink-RibbonPosted 4/9/2013 7:18:15 PM
TheSL1Club posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
TheSL1Club posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
What happened? Didn't you like my post? I'm sad now. :(

That's a twist of fate! It seems that even you may have grammar mistakes. What kind of world is that? ;)

Anyway, let's keep the topic going, consdering that I'm reasonable and your topic is quite interesting, serious, cool, rough and informative.

I think NT and Capcom's major mistake was marketing and promotion. I stated that in my first post, which you ignored obviously. A good marketing and promotion would be the best way to deal with the hate and antis.

Both Capcom and NT failed in that regard. The best way to deal with it, would be saying clearly what the game was ( reboot, remake or whatever).

The problem isn't marketing, it's pr, there is a fundamental difference. Marketing has at its core a desire to reach consumers and make them think, believe or do what you want. Public relations is more focused on influencing reputation, whether corporate or personal.

Well, I really think Capcom failed to reach most of the consumers and to make them think. I fell they were lost, Capcom didn't know what to do.

Obviously both of them ( Capcom and NT) weren't expecting such level of hate. As soon as I saw the first trailer, I knew it would be hard to recover what they lost.

I can say you that half of fans gave up the game, due the bad trailer/teaser and confusing marketing and promotion that are entirely different things just like you stated quite well. XD

Because instead of marketing a game to reach the 20% of this non existent fan base, they chose to ignore building public relations with the other 80% established fan base. That's what it is at the core of it.

That maybe. I keep reading lots of complaints, and most of them are related to how poor marketing and promotion were...

Obviously they also talk about the game's flaws, but the pr had a major focus on the complaints.

Hopefully they'll do a better job with their next game, either DMC 5 or DmC 2 in that regard. XD
#62TheSL1Club(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 7:23:10 PM
NT ain't big enough for me to catch my attention about their pr management, but Capcom's pr has being going down hill since long ago, this is an established fact.
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.
#63Ink-RibbonPosted 4/9/2013 7:26:31 PM
TheSL1Club posted...
NT ain't big enough for me to catch my attention about their pr management, but Capcom's pr has being going down hill since long ago, this is an established fact.

NT should really have avoided making comments about the game.

I'm not against them, but PR was obviously Capcom's duty. Capcom was the main responsible and they really failed at promoting the game.
#64Ether101Posted 4/10/2013 3:00:47 PM
Because Big Boss is supposed to be the ultimate evil of the Metal Gear universe and for Kojima to pull a "He's a good guy a long." when we know for a fact that he did do those evil things the early games was complete BS. For you to say that it's okay for Kojima to do that but not Ninja Theory is hypocrisy.

For Revolver Ocelot to suddenly being the man was another childish attempt to please the masses that didn't work. Making bad guys good just because their popular never works.

For a game that was supposed to feature Solid Snake, he was surprisingly absent form the game. Old Snake is SSINO as nobody would be able to truly say they were the same character if the game hadn't tried to shove it down our throats all the time.

Old made it clear that he never used CQC because it didn't feel right to use something taught to him by a traitor. Which goes against what he said at the end of Metal Gear 2 about using Big Boss' lessons about never giving up against him. Then there's the problem that CQC is part of basic training meaning that Big Boss would have taught him everything so Old Snake's logic would lead to him not being able to do any kind of military action. And to make matters worse we clearly see Solid use CQC and CQB in MG2, MGS1 and MGS2 so that's complete BS.

It was made clear that Solid accelerated aging was the result of the technology used to create him being imperfect. In other words it was an accident. More over it was made clear that Solid was suffering from it well before the events of MGS1. The opposite is true with Old, he only started to suffer the effects of accelerated aging after the events of Big Shell and it was done on purpose. Once again the characters have two completely different histories and are in noway the same person.

None of the other characters fair any better and the whole plot was a mess. Solid and Otacon have EE's digital FOXDIE source code so there's no way in hell they wouldn't have understood what was happening to GW and that alone cuts the legs off the story.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#65RunothPosted 4/10/2013 3:35:28 PM
I don't really care, because ultimately, all I care about is the game's quality. If a game developer puts a moron on PR, I don't get butthurt when he denounces my favorite games; I just say, "Well, that's your opinion" and move on. If he makes a crappy game though, then hell no I won't support any future endeavors.
#66ResidentJunk7Posted 4/10/2013 3:36:40 PM
Runoth posted...
I don't really care, because ultimately, all I care about is the game's quality. If a game developer puts a moron on PR, I don't get butthurt when he denounces my favorite games; I just say, "Well, that's your opinion" and move on. If he makes a crappy game though, then hell no I won't support any future endeavors.

This
#67Ether101Posted 4/10/2013 3:40:01 PM
Runoth posted...

You just got to get your fix, huh?
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#68produnerPosted 4/10/2013 3:41:33 PM(edited)
Ink-Ribbon posted...
TheSL1Club posted...

NT should really have avoided making comments about the game.

I'm not against them, but PR was obviously Capcom's duty. Capcom was the main responsible and they really failed at promoting the game.

Basically, alex johns appeared in an interview and claimed that what they are doing is right, and people should play the game to know that both him and tameem are right.

I played the game and i know that both of them are useless living organisms.
#69syctheweilderPosted 4/10/2013 3:42:36 PM
Ether101 posted...
Runoth posted...

You just got to get your fix, huh?

Is that analogous to paying for coke and getting a bag full of sugar
#70TheSL1Club(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 4:01:49 PM(edited)
Ether101 posted...
Because Big Boss is supposed to be the ultimate evil of the Metal Gear universe and for Kojima to pull a "He's a good guy a long." when we know for a fact that he did do those evil things the early games was complete BS. For you to say that it's okay for Kojima to do that but not Ninja Theory is hypocrisy.

For Revolver Ocelot to suddenly being the man was another childish attempt to please the masses that didn't work. Making bad guys good just because their popular never works.

For a game that was supposed to feature Solid Snake, he was surprisingly absent form the game. Old Snake is SSINO as nobody would be able to truly say they were the same character if the game hadn't tried to shove it down our throats all the time.

Old made it clear that he never used CQC because it didn't feel right to use something taught to him by a traitor. Which goes against what he said at the end of Metal Gear 2 about using Big Boss' lessons about never giving up against him. Then there's the problem that CQC is part of basic training meaning that Big Boss would have taught him everything so Old Snake's logic would lead to him not being able to do any kind of military action. And to make matters worse we clearly see Solid use CQC and CQB in MG2, MGS1 and MGS2 so that's complete BS.

It was made clear that Solid accelerated aging was the result of the technology used to create him being imperfect. In other words it was an accident. More over it was made clear that Solid was suffering from it well before the events of MGS1. The opposite is true with Old, he only started to suffer the effects of accelerated aging after the events of Big Shell and it was done on purpose. Once again the characters have two completely different histories and are in noway the same person.

None of the other characters fair any better and the whole plot was a mess. Solid and Otacon have EE's digital FOXDIE source code so there's no way in hell they wouldn't have understood what was happening to GW and that alone cuts the legs off the story.

Big Boss is the ultimate bad guy? I'm sorry but I find that hard to take in...Ocelot wasn't portrayed as a bad guy but more of a snake's rivalry. They are not 'ultimate' bad guys, they simply fufill a purpose in the franchise with their own ideology, to quote what the boss said "there's no such thing as a true enemy". Today's enemy can be tomorrow's ally and viceversa. You need to pay more attention to the game instead of looking at it from face value.
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.