[POLL] Air Hike

#1GoldsicklePosted 4/9/2013 2:01:10 AM
Should Air Hike/Double Jump Be A Standard For Every DMC Character? - Results (64 votes)
Yes, and it should be available from the start
31.25% (20 votes)
Yes, but needs to be purchased/unlocked
54.69% (35 votes)
No, it should only be exclusive for certain characters
12.5% (8 votes)
No, there should not be an Air Hike/Double Jump ability at all
1.56% (1 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Your thoughts on Air Hike?
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#2SiLVeR_420Posted 4/9/2013 2:13:49 AM
20000 red orbs or whatever the proud souls amount was should always be what it costs to unlock.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#3Goldsickle(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 4:27:32 AM
Also, regardless whether it's exclusive to a few characters or available for all, you think it should be a general ability or tied to a specific Devil Arm?
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#4LordOfCinderPosted 4/9/2013 4:39:31 AM(edited)
It should be only available for purchase, but not limited to specific weapons. That's what I hated about it in DMC3. Just make it available regardless of what weapon you are using. At least DMC4 corrected this with Dante.
---
"And the original Mass Effect is absolutely an Xbox 360 exclusive, making Xbox 360 the only place to get the full Mass Effect experience."- Microsoft
#5Some_HoarPosted 4/9/2013 4:46:10 AM
I didn't have air hike as nero until I hit son of sparda in DMC4

It was a pretty ridiculous price compared to the craziness of charge shot 3
---
Bald_Money posted...
How many alternate accounts does Some_Hoar have? From the look of things, it's something like 6.
#6dillpickle69Posted 4/9/2013 6:08:06 AM
I went through all of my first playthrough of DMC1 without air hike because I assumed it was the same thing as air raid, which I also assumed was useless. If they would have just stated 'It's a double-jump move' It would have made my life so much easier >_>
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=dillpickle61
#7fifinamboPosted 4/9/2013 9:05:23 AM
If any human characters were ever playable in DMC I don't think they should have the air hike move...
---
Yes I think we`ve got a problem. So much for the afterglow.
#8Ink-RibbonPosted 4/9/2013 9:20:47 AM
It should be available from start, if we get a sequel for DMC 4 or DMC 2 or even DmC...

It makes no sense when you buy a move in a game and in the sequel you have to buy the same move. At least, that was justified in DMC 3, considering it was a prequel to DMC 1. Other than that, the move must be available.

Then again, continuity issues are pretty much normal nowadays, right? Eventually, it makes sense when Megaman doesn't use the same weapons and moves in every game.
#9caffiend7Posted 4/9/2013 11:23:43 AM
DMC2 Dante had it at the start
#10Solblade44Posted 4/9/2013 11:34:50 AM
"No, there should not be an Air Hike/Double Jump ability at all"

- said no one ever

As long as its not tied to certain weapons, you can make it a purchasable ability or start the game with it and I really wouldn't care.
---
"We have the best ****ing fans in the world" - Peter Bartholow on Skullgirls crowdfunder
GT: Solblade44