This is what Mega Man under Ninja Theory would have been like.

#41syctheweilderPosted 4/10/2013 3:09:38 PM
Maybe it's just me, but if they were gonna have platforming, they should have a third person perspective.
#42Ink-RibbonPosted 4/10/2013 4:00:17 PM
syctheweilder posted...
Maybe it's just me, but if they were gonna have platforming, they should have a third person perspective.

Not really. There are some FPS games with platforming, that didn't have a third person perspective.

For example, Quake 1, Tukok 1 and so on. I mean, if they want to do it, it's possible. However, not with Megaman. It simply wouldn't work. XD
#43RichterB17Posted 4/10/2013 4:45:00 PM
I'm actually kinda shocked some of you guys like this cause I thought it looked like straight garbage. I'm getting sick and tired of playing dumb first person shooters. Every year there is a new generic first person shooter game and it needs to slow down a bit.

Mega-Man should be a third person experience because you can do more interesting things with that. Something that would be like a mix of Vanquish and MGR could be cool, but they need to lose the bullets and missiles. Anyway I really didn't like the footage I saw and I'm glad that crap got cancelled.

Hopefully Capcom has come up with a better idea than that which I doubt because I don't think Capcom knows what the hell they are doing with their IP's.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#44TheCalibratorPosted 4/10/2013 7:35:51 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#45Orange00Posted 4/10/2013 8:07:36 PM
just letting you know that this is capcom using counter-psychology.

previous reboots have suffered such backlash that this time they release this material saying it's cancelled and gamers join in with the praises (because it ok to praiae this as it's not being released) Then by popular demand capcom decides to go through with this. I mean it's what people wanted, right? And capcom is the hero of the day.
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#46LordKaizerPosted 4/10/2013 9:32:22 PM
RichterB17 posted...
I'm actually kinda shocked some of you guys like this cause I thought it looked like straight garbage. I'm getting sick and tired of playing dumb first person shooters. Every year there is a new generic first person shooter game and it needs to slow down a bit.

Mega-Man should be a third person experience because you can do more interesting things with that. Something that would be like a mix of Vanquish and MGR could be cool, but they need to lose the bullets and missiles. Anyway I really didn't like the footage I saw and I'm glad that crap got cancelled.

Hopefully Capcom has come up with a better idea than that which I doubt because I don't think Capcom knows what the hell they are doing with their IP's.

you mean mega man legends?
---
I'll always sit on my royal chair next to dante's chair forever.
#47KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 4/10/2013 9:33:56 PM
LordKaizer posted...
RichterB17 posted...

you mean mega man legends?

Megaman Legends was so damn great.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#48Orange00Posted 4/10/2013 9:46:03 PM
megaman x7 had also 3d enviroments. (along with 2d segments) i think it's game engine was fairly working, it was just that other aspects didn't quite work that well, like level design, god-awful menu interfaces, unskippable message boxes and generally slow pace to name few..
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#49syctheweilderPosted 4/10/2013 10:15:30 PM
TheCalibrator posted...
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]

Jeez, the mods really have it out for this guy for some reason.

What did he do different from say....nukeboy?
#50Pesmerga255Posted 4/10/2013 10:16:30 PM
Whatever he did, it got him suspended. I remember that he called everybody in this topic a "group of whiney weeaboos" in the post you quoted.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!