Japanese vs Western gaming

#1Orange00Posted 4/10/2013 3:56:16 AM(edited)
You are.. - Results (220 votes)
PRO-DmC and I prefer JAPANESE gaming
15% (33 votes)
PRO-DmC and I prefer WESTERN gaming
7.73% (17 votes)
ANTI-DmC and I prefer JAPANESE gaming
63.64% (140 votes)
ANTI-DmC and I prefer WESTERN gaming
13.64% (30 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'd like to know what kind of audience DmC gathered. It was supposed to draw in those that perhaps didn't previously care for "japanese nature" of DMC. Did it succeed in this?
(well not sales-wise, let's just leave it at that)

I know there's gonna be borderline-cases who like both, but I'd expect everyone to have even slight preference still..

oh yea i forgot, try to look at games overall through-out the years, not just the current state or generation.
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#2smithkakarotPosted 4/10/2013 3:49:46 AM
I don't wanna say I really have a preference for either...but sometimes, it seems like Western devs have no imagination. :x
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#3Ether101Posted 4/10/2013 3:57:08 AM
Another pro trying to make it about race again.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#4papayafeverPosted 4/10/2013 4:00:53 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5Orange00(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 4:06:08 AM
Ether101 posted...
Another pro trying to make it about race again.

it's not about a race. Yea i got the idea from our little "disscussion", but i got genuinely interested in this.

and hey, this poll can go either way. I gave your argument a headstart if you will.
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#6papayafeverPosted 4/10/2013 4:41:41 AM
I just realized something.

This topic should've been made by that TRADISHUNAL guy. Something broadway or broadwalk or whatever.
#7Vergil92Posted 4/10/2013 4:56:53 AM
If I absolutely HAD to pick, I guess I'd have to say I prefer western styled games more.
---
PSN: Mr_Scott_Kennedy
#8DuuuDe14Posted 4/10/2013 5:09:08 AM
I probably own only 4 western games, and they're all shoooters.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#9Japanese_JadePosted 4/10/2013 5:23:13 AM
If I had to pick, I'd definitely go with "Pro-DmC and prefer western gaming."

Ask me before this gen and I would've said Japanese gaming all the way.
---
Favorite games of 2013: DmC: Devilishly Modded Compilation (PC), Bioshock Infinite: The Cyndi Lauper Edition (PC), Killer is Dead (Precognitive judgement)
#10Orange00(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 5:39:21 AM
for me it's hands down japanese. For the most parts probably because i've always had really poor computers and had to rely on consoles for all my gaming. Still got some fond memories of unreal tournament, diablo, legacy of kain, mortal kombat, etc..

even when thinking about this gen only, i'd give a slight advantage to japanese just because of Demon's and Dark Souls.
---