Japanese vs Western gaming

#121FireMage7777Posted 4/11/2013 12:13:13 PM
Nessaj that last half was putting words in my mouth. This gen has had little innovation this gen, PERIOD. From the East and the West
---
The amount of people that don't get Bioshock Infinite's story is too big
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#122NessaJ_TuNPosted 4/11/2013 12:17:32 PM(edited)
FireMage7777 posted...
Nessaj that last half was putting words in my mouth. This gen has had little innovation this gen, PERIOD. From the East and the West

and you claimed before like western games are the only one that lacks of creativity, now please redo your statement. thank you.
#123FireMage7777Posted 4/11/2013 12:16:15 PM
NessaJ_TuN posted...
FireMage7777 posted...

and you claimed before like western games are the only one that lacks of creativity, now please redo your statement. thank you.

That's a lie
---
#124NessaJ_TuNPosted 4/11/2013 12:16:44 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#125NessaJ_TuNPosted 4/11/2013 12:24:49 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
NessaJ_TuN posted...
FireMage7777 posted...

That's a lie

"Good games yes. But I'll agree with little creativity from the West, especially this gen"

Thats your comment, disregarding Western games, if your mind set is that any West and Jap games aren't innovative, you could atleast mention both industries in the comment.
#126FireMage7777Posted 4/11/2013 12:42:28 PM
NessaJ_TuN posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
NessaJ_TuN posted...
FireMage7777 posted...

That's a lie

"Good games yes. But I'll agree with little creativity from the West, especially this gen"

Thats your comment, disregarding Western games, if your mind set is that any West and Jap games aren't innovative, you could atleast mention both industries in the comment.

I don't need to...again putting words in my mouth. You should put those logical fallacies to rest
---
#127GamenamebullyPosted 4/11/2013 1:49:37 PM
Where's the option for "I prefer both gaming"?
---
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully
#128-BrokenSpiral-Posted 4/11/2013 3:34:35 PM
Popping in to say that Planescape: Torment > any RPG, J or W, ever made and I wish there was an option for both types of gaming.
#129papayafeverPosted 4/11/2013 11:15:35 PM
NessaJ_TuN posted...
Which game has free running exactly like AC? uhm yeah none, thank you for your time.

You should've just said free running and not worded it that dumb. I mean, damn, roof jumping, I just had to bring in the superhero.
#130NostalgiaRulesPosted 4/12/2013 12:57:34 AM
Not to sound rude, but sorry...Japanese games are more creative. Not all of them, but many are. It's hard to describe really. Most western games nowadays is just heavy swearing, drugs and sex. Unfortunately, western games need to be careful and not fall into the same trap that Sega did a long time ago. Now Sega was a Japanese company, but they started trying to appeal more and more to what the western audience liked. Ex: More swearing, extreme violence ect. in their games. They eventually lost to Nintendo.

Sega tried to make a comeback with a new console called the Dreamcast. But it was too late by then. A lot of people may say that Nintendo makes a bunch of kiddy games for children and it's not suitable for the mature audience. If all the "mature" audience does is curse every 5 seconds and show sex scenes all the time, I'd rather go to the kiddy corner.

Variety! That's the word I was looking for. Japanese games have more variety. Examples of that are the Final Fantasy series (RPG), the original Devil May Cry series (hack and slash), the Resident Evil (survival horror), The Super Mario series (platforming), the Katamari series (I'm...actually not sure what genre that one falls under :P) and so on.

I'm not saying that all western games are bad, but I do think that they're focusing a little too much on first person shooters and shock value to gain controversy. They need to really let their imagination run wild and come up with something...I don't know, a little crazy, unique, off the wall, unorthodox. Katamari was pretty weird, but it must've done well enough for them to make several different sequels.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.