Japanese vs Western gaming

#21produnerPosted 4/10/2013 10:07:32 AM
Orange00 posted...
Phantom_Opera_G posted...
no pro/anti-DmC and I like both western and japanese games or have no preference option?

but for me anti and I prefer japanese games

if there was an option for japanese AND western, most people would go for it. Deep down inside you're bound to have preference, if not otherwise just examine which games you have played more by numbers. :)

there is already starting to be a pattern on what pro play and what anti play. Only there are so few pros around.. :(

Yeah the percentage of people with mental dysfunctions and personality disorders is relatively low.
#22Lord_MizerPosted 4/10/2013 10:28:43 AM
If the game is good, then I don't care if it's Japanese or Western based.
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
#23SiLVeR_420Posted 4/10/2013 10:58:03 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...
The only thing the west does better is shooters imo.

Vanquish. :)
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#24KyryloPosted 4/10/2013 11:18:46 AM
Orange00 posted...
no pro/anti-DmC and I like both western and japanese games or have no preference option?

if there was an option for japanese AND western, most people would go for it. Deep down inside you're bound to have preference, if not otherwise just examine which games you have played more by numbers. :)

there is already starting to be a pattern on what pro play and what anti play. Only there are so few pros around.. :(

I play both :( doesn't prove anything. My favorite game last year was Borderlands 2. and year before Dark Souls....so I kinda in between
#25Orange00(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 9:00:02 PM
Kyrylo posted...
Orange00 posted...

I play both :( doesn't prove anything. My favorite game last year was Borderlands 2. and year before Dark Souls....so I kinda in between

hey so do most of us for sure. Good game is a good game no matter what flag it carries. Saying you prefer japanese games doesn't exclude the other. Which games you think you play more simply by numbers?
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#26PunkMcThrustPosted 4/10/2013 9:05:38 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#27Rising_shadowPosted 4/10/2013 9:11:00 PM
I don't see how Diablo is an hack and slash. It's just a dungeon crawler RPG.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#28Orange00(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 9:46:18 PM(edited)
Rising_shadow posted...

games like diablo are from where hack n slash originates, the genre hasn't always been dynasty warriors.

although modern hack n slash is probably more of a mix between hack n slash of olden days and beat em ups..
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#29zhaoyun99Posted 4/10/2013 10:19:27 PM
Orange00 posted...
Rising_shadow posted...

games like diablo are from where hack n slash originates, the genre hasn't always been dynasty warriors.

although modern hack n slash is probably more of a mix between hack n slash of olden days and beat em ups..

Beat them up was what Hack 'n Slash based on. Hack 'n Slash and Beat Them Up are two different genre. The warriors series was mainly a beat them up more than Hack 'n Slash. Diablo was more like the standard of MMORPG today especially MU the lost continent. With heavy point and click combat system with hotkeys.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#30SiLVeR_420Posted 4/10/2013 10:27:33 PM
PunkMcThrust posted...
Games Westerners do better than Japs - FPS, RTS, TBS, Point N' Clicks, Text Adventures, Hack n Slash (yes, REAL Hack n Slash like Diablo and Sacred, no Hack n Slash does not describe Devil May Cry), WRPGs, and simulation games

Games Japs do better than Westerners - ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING ELSE

WRPG wasn't really fair.
Not sure about simulation games.
Are there any Japanese FPS games?
TBS?
RTS is definitely a western thing. With Sid Meier's games and Starcraft.
Point and Click we've got telltale and Monkey Island.
Don't know any text adventure games besides Zork.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.