Japanese vs Western gaming

#51papayafeverPosted 4/11/2013 2:13:12 AM
Mass Effect has presentation alright.

A powerpoint presentation for an ending.
#52FulvipPosted 4/11/2013 2:25:38 AM
NessaJ_TuN posted...
My whole point is Western games offer you more than just FPS, but you guys Japanese games fanboys are too ignorant to claim Western games only good at making shooter, which completely untrue and idiotic claim, bunch of western indie games out that by far more creative than anything came from Japan, Braid, Fez and Mark of Ninja are small examples, also There are more good western games out there than good Japanese games this gen. You can go to Metacritic and see more games from west average 80-99%. All of you worshiping Japanese games need to be open minded for god sake.

I've never seen a non-western review in Metacritic. Also, lol at Metacritic scores.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: TERA, MGR, TR
#53NessaJ_TuNPosted 4/11/2013 2:35:22 AM
papayafever posted...
Maybe we should have a 500 post topic filled with amazing arguments where people simply yell out different Japanese and Western games they consider to be good.

Bleh, the fact is there are many western games that not just shooter critically acclaimed averaging around 90% in Metacritic and considering someone here claiming Western only good at shooter, now please post Japanese games from all kinds of genres this gen that actually average around 90% on the metacritic.

Here I give example, Batman Arkham City, Uncharted 2 Among Thieves, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock, Forza Motorsport 4, Fifa 2013, XCom Enemy unknown, The witcher 2, Skyrim, Fallout 3, Journey, Braid, Fez, Dishonored, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Tomb Raider, Crysis, Portal 2, Company of Heroes, Fable, Rockband 3, World of Goo HD, MineCraft, Diablo3, Torchlight, God of War 3, Guild Wars 2, Wipeout HD, Red Dead Redemption, Sid Meier's Civilization IV, Little big Planet 1 and 2, Assassins Creed 2, Shadow Complex, Left 4 dead, Heavy Rain, Burnout Paradise.

That just a bit of example of games from western not just shooter that critically acclaimed this gen.
#54papayafeverPosted 4/11/2013 2:38:28 AM
So you are asking for Japanese games to be judged against Western standards.

At least you finally came out and actually said it outright.
#55NessaJ_TuNPosted 4/11/2013 2:55:10 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
Nessaj

I couldn't help but notice you mentioned Bioshock Infinite. You are aware that Infinite is inferior to both the other Bioshock games in terms of gameplay right? Just a quick point

Also you owe video games in general to the Japanese. They have invented practically every genre and very rarely aren't the ones to innovate it

So just because we owe something to Japanese, we have to be disrespectful towards western games and making such bull crap claim like western only good at making FPS or something like that? the fanboyism for Japanese games in this board is crazy. The fact is western games right now is getting better and better and their indie developers are more creative, while Japanese games are still struggling to maintain their position. Ofcourse this doesn't apply to great developer like PG, From Software and Nintendo, because they are great developers, but I am talking about other developers. I am okay with people love Japanese games but come on you gotta be open minded and respect western games as well equally. And yeah I aware that they streamlined the gameplay from Bioshock to Bioshock Infinite, kind a bit disappointed but the worlds and story makes up for it.
#56NessaJ_TuNPosted 4/11/2013 3:00:20 AM
papayafever posted...
So you are asking for Japanese games to be judged against Western standards.

At least you finally came out and actually said it outright.

What Western Standard? go back to PS2 and PS1 era, most Japanese games from that era are well received in Metacritic than most western games, game like ICO and Shadow of the Colossus are example and FF7, FF12, FF10, FF9, Okami, Viewtiful Joe, DMC, Silent Hill series, RE4, Ninja Gaiden, and other games series. Good games is good games, no matter where the review came from. There is no such thing as Western Standard.
#57FireMage7777Posted 4/11/2013 3:01:12 AM
NessaJ_TuN posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Nessaj

I couldn't help but notice you mentioned Bioshock Infinite. You are aware that Infinite is inferior to both the other Bioshock games in terms of gameplay right? Just a quick point

Also you owe video games in general to the Japanese. They have invented practically every genre and very rarely aren't the ones to innovate it

So just because we owe something to Japanese, we have to be disrespectful towards western games and making such bull crap claim like western only good at making FPS or something like that? the fanboyism for Japanese games in this board is crazy. The fact is western games right now is getting better and better and their indie developers are more creative, while Japanese games are still struggling to maintain their position. Ofcourse this doesn't apply to great developer like PG, From Software and Nintendo, because they are great developers, but I am talking about other developers. I am okay with people love Japanese games but come on you gotta be open minded and respect western games as well equally. And yeah I aware that they streamlined the gameplay from Bioshock to Bioshock Infinite, kind a bit disappointed but the worlds and story makes up for it.

Where did I say all that? I wouldn't say either is better as of this point in time. The industry in general right now is pretty much s***. Story does, but it makes me not want to pick it up again to plat it, in fact it made me plat the first one
---
The amount of people that don't get Bioshock Infinite's story is too big
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#58Ether101Posted 4/11/2013 3:04:43 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Ether101 posted...
The way I see it, there are games and then there's western games.

....no.

And what I meant was that there are games are made with the mentality that where they're made effects their value.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#59NessaJ_TuNPosted 4/11/2013 3:05:33 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
NessaJ_TuN posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Nessaj

Where did I say all that? I wouldn't say either is better as of this point in time. The industry in general right now is pretty much s***. Story does, but it makes me not want to pick it up again to plat it, in fact it made me plat the first one

Its not you, I am talking specifically to some people that act like Japanese games are clearly superior and make a false claim toward western games. I mean come on, claim like Western only can make shooter, no creativity is such ignorant. it shows they have no idea what most good western games this gen.
#60FireMage7777Posted 4/11/2013 3:08:42 AM
NessaJ_TuN posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
NessaJ_TuN posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Nessaj

Its not you, I am talking specifically to some people that act like Japanese games are clearly superior and make a false claim toward western games. I mean come on, claim like Western only can make shooter, no creativity is such ignorant. it shows they have no idea what most good western games this gen.

Good games yes. But I'll agree with little creativity from the West, especially this gen
---
The amount of people that don't get Bioshock Infinite's story is too big
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/