Is this the first AAA series that had a failed sales game?

#1rockman11_zPosted 4/10/2013 11:14:29 AM
Enlighten me on this one. Most AAA games like God of War, Halo, COD, WoW each exceed or meet their sales expectations. This game however flopped.
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#2DagorhaPosted 4/10/2013 12:10:06 PM
rockman11_z posted...
Enlighten me on this one. Most AAA games like God of War, Halo, COD, WoW each exceed or meet their sales expectations. This game however flopped.

You must be joking... or at the very least trolling
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#3DarkSlayer487Posted 4/10/2013 12:11:40 PM
Devil May Cry has never been a AAA game.
---
1993 Camaro Z28 - Daily Driver
#4rockman11_z(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 12:11:56 PM
Dagorha posted...
rockman11_z posted...

Aren't they AAA games commercially?
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#5produnerPosted 4/10/2013 12:15:14 PM
DarkSlayer487 posted...

Devil may cry has never been a quality game with a large budget? Explain NOW.
#6DagorhaPosted 4/10/2013 12:19:18 PM
rockman11_z posted...
Dagorha posted...
rockman11_z posted...

*facedesk*

Yes... many AAA games fail.
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#7StepswordsmanPosted 4/10/2013 12:23:02 PM(edited)
I was a series of quality games (and DMC2) without astronomical budgets and sales expectations. "A", maybe, but not "AAA+++++ 10kk sales nao" until DmC with its 5 million sales goal.
---
Besides I or anyone else was flamming anyone.
#8Edward_R_MurrowPosted 4/10/2013 12:40:40 PM
produner posted...
DarkSlayer487 posted...

I always thought the AAA designation was sort of a reference to bond ratings like Moody's, and that said designation was reserved for games that were considered the closest to "sure things", like Madden, CoD, Halo, Elder Scrolls, God of War, and such where they could afford to go with a massive budget because sales are almost guaranteed.

As opposed to something like, say, Devil May Cry in which the sales figures have been...turbulent across the series, making it look like a relatively more risky investment than CoDBLOPS 14: Leprechaun Commandos vs Jihadist Russian Zombie Cyborg Molemen.

Also it's funny that Capcom put an AAA kind of budget in the hands of a Caa studio like Ninja Theory.
---
dfsdfsddfsdfsddf
#9produnerPosted 4/10/2013 12:50:00 PM(edited)
Edward_R_Murrow posted...
produner posted...
DarkSlayer487 posted...

I always thought the AAA designation was sort of a reference to bond ratings like Moody's, and that said designation was reserved for games that were considered the closest to "sure things", like Madden, CoD, Halo, Elder Scrolls, God of War, and such where they could afford to go with a massive budget because sales are almost guaranteed.

As opposed to something like, say, Devil May Cry in which the sales figures have been...turbulent across the series, making it look like a relatively more risky investment than CoDBLOPS 14: Leprechaun Commandos vs Jihadist Russian Zombie Cyborg Molemen.

Also it's funny that Capcom put an AAA kind of budget in the hands of a Caa studio like Ninja Theory.

If capcom invested in DMC with a much larger budget, sure most of that budget would go to advertising, which will boost the sales of the franchise. DMC did really well in both sales and general reception, it is just that capcom wasn't into advertising and the genre is already niche.

DMC is already a +2million sales series, if capcom advertised more and stupid journalists like IGN where talking about the game for months, sure the franchise will break the 5 million that DmC targeted.
#10rockman11_z(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 1:12:22 PM
Dagorha posted...
rockman11_z posted...
Dagorha posted...
rockman11_z posted...

*facedesk*

Yes... many AAA games fail.

Can you cite examples?
---