Are the antis really the vocal minority for this game?

#1rockman11_zPosted 4/10/2013 10:24:08 AM
DmC seems to be one of the few games in recent memory where the term "vocal minority" has never been so fallible. Almost any corner of the internet that DMC players are, hate and hysteria follow. Looks at websites where people can submit there own scores such as Metacritic, , Amazon, etc..almost every score is mediocre or worse. The easy answer seems to be "trolls, haters, miscreants", but really?

Do you pros acknowledge that DmC wasn't a worthy successor to DMC series?It lacks the staying power. It is neither as fun, or as replayable. That isn't merely me saying that either, look at the supposed "figures". 700,000 or so copies sold, few people still play. Games been out for not even a year. DmC may not have had as many sales, and the community was laughing at this mediocre product.Why is this the case? Why do us antis choose other games? Why are there less videos popping? Why does almost every piece of news seem to have a negative connotation? Why?
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#2StepswordsmanPosted 4/10/2013 10:26:47 AM(edited)
Antis are a vocal minority.

The silent majority is all those 4,300,000 entitled gamers who didn't by the game.
---
Besides I or anyone else was flamming anyone.
#3rockman11_z(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 10:37:31 AM
You seem to throw that "entitled" word loosely. Are we suppose to buy a game that we don't want? That's a definition of "sheep" if you ask me.
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#4360pagesPosted 4/10/2013 10:42:56 AM
rockman11_z posted...
You seem to throw that "entitled" word loosely. Are we suppose to buy a game that we don't want? That's a definition of "sheep" if you ask me.

I think he was just making fun of people who say people are entitled for not buying a game.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#5StepswordsmanPosted 4/10/2013 10:43:54 AM
"Vocal minority" and "entitled gamer" are both among the buzzwords used by the press to guilt people into buying garbage games. That's all there is to it, really, they lost their original meaning a long time ago.
---
Besides I or anyone else was flamming anyone.
#6Yuber255Posted 4/10/2013 2:21:53 PM
Way I sees it when related to this game there's 5 types of people

Vocal Antis (2%)
Vocal Pros (1%)
Silent Antis (1%)
Silent Pros (2%)
Gamers Who Barely Bothered To Look At The Game And When They Did They'd Just Hear Capcom Talk About Hair Controversy While Not Trying To Sell The Actual Game So They Still Didn't Give A F*** (94%)
---
Son of the Legendary Troll Knight Shatter
#7360pagesPosted 4/10/2013 2:39:43 PM
Yuber255 posted...

Vocal Antis (2%)
Vocal Pros (1%)
Silent Antis (1%)
Silent Pros (2%)
Gamers Who Barely Bothered To Look At The Game And When They Did They'd Just Hear Capcom Talk About Hair Controversy While Not Trying To Sell The Actual Game So They Still Didn't Give A F*** (94%)

Pretty much this, if Ninja Theory put 1/5 of the effort into bashing and trolling the old fans into their marketing this game might have sold decently, to bad they didn't. Then again I'm probably expecting to much from NT.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#8Ether101Posted 4/10/2013 2:56:28 PM
Yuber255 posted...

Vocal Antis (2%)
Vocal Pros (1%)
Silent Antis (1%)
Silent Pros (2%)

Yeah and all of us together doesn't amount to the grands sum of all those that have lived and died before us, so I guess we're all in the minority. Does anyone else see how stupid that is?
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#9produnerPosted 4/10/2013 3:00:24 PM
Mate!
#10syctheweilderPosted 4/10/2013 3:01:43 PM
Stepswordsman posted...
Antis are a vocal minority.

The silent majority is the general public who didn't by the game.