If ninja theory didn't like DMC?

#1RatedRrangerPosted 4/14/2013 8:14:38 AM
Then why did they want to work on it in the first place? Why didn't capcom just find a dev that was more passionate to work on DMC?
---
One does not simply rock into Blashyrkh.
#2ScreamingMidgetPosted 4/14/2013 8:16:35 AM
To ruin it.
#3RatedRranger(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2013 8:29:28 AM
ScreamingMidget posted...
To ruin it.

Well they succeeded in that sense.
---
One does not simply rock into Blashyrkh.
#4UtaNapishtiPosted 4/14/2013 8:59:59 AM
I was busy with other stuff when they offered to to me, so I recommended Ninja Theory just as a joke. Obviously they didn't get it.

Yeah, I'm still kicking myself.
#5InfiniteDemisePosted 4/14/2013 9:02:19 AM
Capcom ploy: Get the most unqualified dev out there possible that has a high chance of completely ruining the series and generate the most negative PR in gaming history. Then once the game fails, they can in and make a proper title and look like the third coming of Jebus.
---
" Its said that God made the universe and wants everyone to praise him.... Talk about an egomaniac "
#6syctheweilderPosted 4/14/2013 9:16:19 AM
$
#7darkslayer001Posted 4/14/2013 9:44:17 AM
RatedRranger posted...
Then why did they want to work on it in the first place? Why didn't capcom just find a dev that was more passionate to work on DMC?

i still don't get it why they chose NT. They track record is pretty bad, not to mention they have no intuitive skill with the genre (Heavenly sword being GoW ripoff and all)
Did they choose them because there was no other western developer who knows HnS?
#8Dark_EpathyPosted 4/14/2013 9:46:22 AM
They did like DMC. Capcom asked them to go in a radical direction with it, and they did.
---
"We are the greater good." -- Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead
#9StrelokPosted 4/14/2013 10:36:36 AM
Another awesome example:

Shadowrun 360.
Back when the dev journals were online, a dev posted that he absolutely hated the franchise (Saying it was dumb and *offensive to mentally challenged people word here* and compared it to Frodo Baggings with a cybernetic arm, which is extremely dumb on his part as Shadowrun doesn't even have halflings...) and was only happy when they were "done adjusting it to their artistic vision"

The game didn't resemble the original franchise in any way, shape or form.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#10bigdom93Posted 4/14/2013 10:39:10 AM
@darkslayer001
i still don't get it why they chose NT. They track record is pretty bad, not to mention they have no intuitive skill with the genre (Heavenly sword being GoW ripoff and all)
Did they choose them because there was no other western developer who knows HnS?

it's most likely because small developers can't negotiate well and they have above average graphics, so they can make a game Look flashy, it would be like a 3 ft tall leprechaun was trying to intimidate Shaq. it's also because tameem makes an excelent lightning rod, to draw attention away from the fact that everything related to this is capcom's fault. another reason is they are so small, they could be easilly be bought by capcom, if they like the game. Just look at what happened with Dead Rising 2
---
Trust no one, the minute god cr@pped out the third caveman, there was a conspiracy against one of them