DmC Dante is factually a more serious character than DMC Dante...

#1MixorzPosted 4/16/2013 12:35:56 PM
I think DmC has a more serious tone overall, but this Dante is actually a more serious character than original Dante that's a fact that cannot be disproven.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#2SlaveBladePosted 4/16/2013 12:37:30 PM
I wouldn't say he's factually more serious as a character as original Dante had some serious moments, but the tone and setting of DmC is much more serious.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#3RukumouruPosted 4/16/2013 12:45:45 PM
The problem here being: Who the hell played Devil May Cry for the seriousness?

Ridiculous B-movie script, crazy over the top action AND humor, lighthearted undertone... Now THAT's Devil May Cry.
#4Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 12:48:51 PM(edited)
Rukumouru posted...

Ridiculous B-movie script, crazy over the top action AND humor, lighthearted undertone... Now THAT's Devil May Cry.

No matter what you expected when you played it, doesn't change the fact that DmC is more serious. You don't have to like it but you have to recognize it.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#5ZeroX91Posted 4/16/2013 12:48:39 PM
Rukumouru posted...

This guy gets it.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJuLGBjjf6g
#6SlaveBladePosted 4/16/2013 12:48:45 PM
Rukumouru posted...

I enjoyed DMC1 because the protagonist actually took his story/game seriously as opposed to 95% of DMC3 and 100% of DMC4 (Nero is not counted because)
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#7StrelokPosted 4/16/2013 12:48:45 PM
It is so serious it is downright offensive to anyone with half a brain.

I rate it worse in every way than Michael Bays Transformers 2.
And good gods that was a racist and offensive piece of crap.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#8ZeroX91Posted 4/16/2013 12:51:44 PM
Mixorz posted...
Rukumouru posted...

No matter what you expected when you played it, doesn't change the fact that DmC is more serious. You don't have to like it but you have to recognize it.

I don't think anyone is denyin that, its just serious doesn't automatically equate to good.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJuLGBjjf6g
#9darkslayer001Posted 4/16/2013 12:53:34 PM
SlaveBlade posted...
Rukumouru posted...

I enjoyed DMC1 because the protagonist actually took his story/game seriously as opposed to 95% of DMC3 and 100% of DMC4 (Nero is not counted because)

DMC1 seems to have more cheesiness than 3, 4. I am not denying that 1 has it's equal amounts of serious moments like 3 and 4. But it was a cheesfest.
#10SlaveBladePosted 4/16/2013 12:56:29 PM
darkslayer001 posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
Rukumouru posted...

DMC1 seems to have more cheesiness than 3, 4. I am not denying that 1 has it's equal amounts of serious moments like 3 and 4. But it was a cheesfest.

DMC1 did not have more cheese than 3 or 4. You've got to be joking...
---