DmC Dante is factually a more serious character than DMC Dante...

#31Solblade44Posted 4/16/2013 9:52:24 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...

However, DMC 2 Dante was the real serious Dante. I can't believe antis forgot that. DMC 2 Dante was too serious to the point he barely said a single word.

I was about to come in here and say something like "You can't get more serious than DMC2 Dante because he barely expressed anything". Though from what I've seen of DmC, this Dante wasn't that much better. I saw some attempts at wisecracks, but they weren't that good. He also didn't seem to emote that much either so the "seriousness" just fell flat.

DMC1 Dante pretty much nailed the balance between serious and lighthearted.
---
"We have the best ****ing fans in the world" - Peter Bartholow on Skullgirls crowdfunder
GT: Solblade44
#32SiLVeR_420Posted 4/16/2013 11:02:47 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Yeah, that's pretty much the difference between both Dantes.

DmC Dante is too serious and barely makes jokes with the enemies. Eventually he taunts one or 2 demons, but for 95% of the game, he is indeed serious.

DMC 1 Dante was neither too much serious nor too much funny. He was the perfect version.

However, DMC 2 Dante was the real serious Dante. I can't believe antis forgot that. DMC 2 Dante was too serious to the point he barely said a single word.

So, in the next DmC, they must improve Dante's persona and focus on what was done right in DMC 1. Nothing more, nothing less. :)

I replayed it the other day. Dante actually has dialogue in nearly every cutscene.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#33PunkMcThrustPosted 4/17/2013 7:47:13 AM
I disagree. When games have a really carefree, over the top protagonist, the actually serious moments stand out more and stick with you much more.

For example Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes. The most memorable scenes of the series were the serious ones, and they had a huge emotional impact because Travis is usually so goofy.

Same principle goes for DMC3 Dante. When he's serious you really feel it.

When Donte's serious he's just boring and he's a crappy unlikable character in the first place.
---
Armstrong for President
#34SlaveBladePosted 4/17/2013 11:22:44 AM
PunkMcThrust posted...
I disagree. When games have a really carefree, over the top protagonist, the actually serious moments stand out more and stick with you much more.

For example Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes. The most memorable scenes of the series were the serious ones, and they had a huge emotional impact because Travis is usually so goofy.

Same principle goes for DMC3 Dante. When he's serious you really feel it.

When Donte's serious he's just boring and he's a crappy unlikable character in the first place.

When new Dante was serious, it wasn't too much of a change so if you don't like him to begin with you're just not going to like him at all. Original Dante was very hit or miss, depending on what the developers wanted to do with him at a given time. First is the best, everything else went downhill from there for characterization.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#35StrelokPosted 4/17/2013 11:55:49 AM
And this one hit rock bottom and then started digging.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#36Pesmerga255Posted 4/17/2013 12:06:24 PM
Serious =/= Better
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#37ZeroX91Posted 4/17/2013 12:10:56 PM
Serious =/= Better

Wise this post is.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJuLGBjjf6g
#38NessaJ_TuNPosted 4/17/2013 12:55:00 PM
lol what? DMC3 Dante is as serious as DmC Dante. It just the tone of the game is darker and gritty, thats why it felt more serious, but no its not.
#39SlaveBladePosted 4/17/2013 6:43:13 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Serious =/= Better

For me it generally does, but it's a mixed bag. If teh game's overall tone is meant to be lighthearted, I'm ok with it. Mixed (Serious and lighthearted) does not work imo.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~