Capcom halves profits, in part due to "decline in quality due to outsourcing"

#131Psychochild27Posted 4/19/2013 1:14:34 PM
darkslayer001 posted...
my question is why is Capcom deciding this right now? RE6 and ORC came out last year...
Is it a valid guess to make that DmC is one of the reasons why Capcom made these statements. ?

Because this is their fiscal year report for March 31 2012-2013? O:RC was not a big tentpole release for Capcom which is why it's not mentioned directly but DmC and RE6 are their major titles.
#132MoreFunThanTVPosted 4/19/2013 1:22:32 PM
TheCyborgNinja posted...
I love how Lost Planet 3 is basically left there to say "oh damn..." It's the last major release they have (to my knowledge) under the "let's outsource everything" policy. Not to mention they outsourced it to the brilliant minds behind such classics as Turning Point: Fall of Liberty and Legendary.

Hahaha I really want that game to be good but my better judgement tells me no...
---
Divine Goddess of All That Is Prolix.
#133ReceiverxWisdomPosted 4/19/2013 2:46:26 PM
shatterstar posted...
This is one of those great moments in history of gaming mates.

We're witnessing the end of a franchise and the decrease of mass production of a major Japanese company. Which will now mostly be publishers and not making other IP's to makeup the difference.

All this ranting and raging and Pros and Antis BS was all for nothing. Capcom are throwing everything out the window now.

THE END....:)

Out of all the times he said DmC was going to be a smash seller, the amount of hypocrisy in this post is astounding indeed. Capcom finally reveals the truth that his so called 'quality mega hit' turned out to be a piece of f***ing trash and what does he degrade himself into?.

A more paranoid, backpedaling mongoloid Capclown that fell even deeper into his erroneous, falsified info giving grave.
Such a pity, ladies & gentleman.
Such a pity.

R.I.P: Shatterstar's sanity
---
"A rose best blooms near death. You're in full bloom, pal!" ~ Iori Yagami
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#134Y2JUzumakiPosted 4/19/2013 2:59:52 PM
Someone may want to go down and check what's happening in Hell right now. I think it might have started snowing down there.
#135StrelokPosted 4/19/2013 3:01:31 PM
^
That is implying he ever had any...
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#136Yuber255Posted 4/19/2013 3:09:03 PM
I'm the new Shatterstar around here.
You hear that papa? Get off my board and go back to bed old man! You remember what the doctor said, your can't handle this kinda sexy erroneous trolling at your age anymore.
---
Son of the Legendary Troll Knight Shatter
#137stevenbobPosted 4/19/2013 3:42:50 PM
shaka de virgem posted...
I like how Capcom is deciding to make even more DLCs,despite being one of the main reasons that their reputation is so damaged amongst fans in this generation...
sure,they always did stuff like this their whole life,like the many versions of Street Fighter II,but at least I could get a few bucks back from riding of my old version and get the Turbo version.Now we have to pay just to download and see the ending,like in Asura's Wrath...
I miss when video games didn't have internet connection so we didn't have to swallow this bull**** that we have to bear now.

I wish people would stop bringing up asuras wrath that game had a dlc ending because of how bad it sold it was originally planned to be a new series they did not even deny it they said they rushed and made the ending dlc instead of a sequel due to lack of sales
---
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine us version name maelxich
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Japanese version name maelxich
#138ShengaliPosted 4/19/2013 4:07:41 PM
stevenbob posted...
shaka de virgem posted...
I like how Capcom is deciding to make even more DLCs,despite being one of the main reasons that their reputation is so damaged amongst fans in this generation...
sure,they always did stuff like this their whole life,like the many versions of Street Fighter II,but at least I could get a few bucks back from riding of my old version and get the Turbo version.Now we have to pay just to download and see the ending,like in Asura's Wrath...
I miss when video games didn't have internet connection so we didn't have to swallow this bull**** that we have to bear now.

I wish people would stop bringing up asuras wrath that game had a dlc ending because of how bad it sold it was originally planned to be a new series they did not even deny it they said they rushed and made the ending dlc instead of a sequel due to lack of sales

That, and if they had planned on making the ending DLC (lazy, shady) then why would they bother with Ch. 18 and the "real/secret" ending Ch. 18? Granted they were similar, but you had to work to get the ending that actually led to the Part IV DLC - the standard playthrough ending does end the game/story.
#139OracleGunnerPosted 4/19/2013 4:10:11 PM
Y2JUzumaki posted...
Someone may want to go down and check what's happening in Hell right now. I think it might have started snowing down there.

Just came back, okay who froze the blood fountain?
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
PM me if you get from where is my sig. People who got it:1