Now even Capcom admits that NT did a bad job

#171PunkMcThrustPosted 4/20/2013 7:01:02 AM
MoreFunThanTV posted...
syctheweilder posted...
If the first words out of your mouth are

"We want to appeal to a wider audience."

Then you forfeit your right to play the artist card.

lol and the funny thing is EVERYBODY says that now. But has it ever worked? I'm starting to take it as the first sign that a crappy game will follow. It's a stupid phrase anyway.

Worked for Mass Effect (sadly, RIP best new IP of the whole gen, 2007-2007) with ME2 and 3.
---
Armstrong for President
#172MoreFunThanTVPosted 4/20/2013 7:09:27 AM
PunkMcThrust posted...
MoreFunThanTV posted...
syctheweilder posted...

lol and the funny thing is EVERYBODY says that now. But has it ever worked? I'm starting to take it as the first sign that a crappy game will follow. It's a stupid phrase anyway.

Worked for Mass Effect (sadly, RIP best new IP of the whole gen, 2007-2007) with ME2 and 3.

ME2 and 3 targeted a wider audience?
I only play 1, didn't like it that much so I never bothered with 2 or 3.
---
Divine Goddess of All That Is Prolix.
#173produnerPosted 4/20/2013 7:12:48 AM
MoreFunThanTV posted...
PunkMcThrust posted...
MoreFunThanTV posted...
syctheweilder posted...

3rd person shooter. Linear-fake RPG elements and choices.

d stands for derp.
#174PunkMcThrustPosted 4/20/2013 7:14:39 AM
MoreFunThanTV posted...

Mass Effect 2 invented the term "we want a wider audience" in an interview when they said "we want Call of Duty's audience"
Ever since then it's been a sure thing 100% confirmation sign that a game is going to be complete and utter horse**** guaranteed.
---
Armstrong for President
#175MoreFunThanTVPosted 4/20/2013 7:28:14 AM
@produner & PunkMcThrust
Sounds like I wouldn't have liked ME2 or 3 anyway then considering my whole problem with ME1 was that it felt like such a hollow "WRPG" that it honestly seemed like I'd just be better off playing Baldur's Gate 2, Torment or KOTOR for the millionth time.

And at the same time there were much better shooters so yeah it was completely lost on me. Been thinking about trying it again as the gen starts to die though but now that all these other interesting WRPGs have been announced there's not much hope for that.
---
Divine Goddess of All That Is Prolix.
#176NeoTStylePosted 4/20/2013 10:08:12 AM

Not quite.